RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

Rosbjerg

It they're taking away my female Russian accent, they better at least give me a female voice with a really over the top southern drawl.

IMDB says yes to that, but I wouldn't take credits there as confirmed until well after the game has been out.

I watched an interview were Gat was mentioned and they seemed a bit coy on the point.

Awesome.  I hope it's just regular Johnny Gat back from the dead.  It's not like Saint's Row has ever worried about breaking down the fourth wall.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Awesome.  I hope it's just regular Johnny Gat back from the dead.  It's not like Saint's Row has ever worried about breaking down the fourth wall.

Its Saint's Row. It's all about blowing things up. Why should the Fourth Wall be spared? And if itsn't the Saints bashing it in with a big, purple nsfw object, then it would probably be Professor Genki turning it into a Murder Time - Fun Time attraction.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

My thought on this is - we know they were cloning people. There's no reason why Gat couldn't have been cloned, the clone killed and left as the "message" (and the never seen body for the funeral).

That said, for this game I wouldn't be surprised if we see some Not-Quite-Really-Gats as they've also said in some of the VR missions we'll see some other dead characters (like members of the Vice Kings).

So far Female Voice 1 is the only confirmed returning female player voice I've found.

Is that Laura Bailey?

Yes

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

First they take Admiral Anderson... now they are taking our romances!!!!

Is this something actually happening?

Either way I think I need more context.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Yeah, supposedly you can romance some of your gang members. And Keith David will always be King to me, forget Anderson. :p

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Oh, I see. I thought "remove" as opposed to "steal/borrow."

Introducing Keith David as Keith David actually made me guffaw when I heard that.

And Keith David will always be King to me, forget Anderson.

You're referring to the Platoon character, right? :mellow:

"Aye, fight and you may die. Run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our Admiral Anderson, but they'll never take... OUR ROMANCES!"

~ speech from Bioheart

Edited by Amentep
  • Like 2

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

You're referring to the Platoon character, right? :mellow:

Yep. Probably not his most memorable role (I'm guessing it's 'RAMIREZ! CONTACT IN THE OPEN!')

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Has anyone seen these fan mockups of colored PS4s?

http://i.imgur.com/6F2vzMV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/oGgVowl.jpg

This is going to be a missed opportunity if Sony doesn't pay attention.

"Aye, fight and you may die. Run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our Admiral Anderson, but they'll never take... OUR ROMANCES!"

~ speech from Bioheart

Very clever :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

That looks fun. I do prefer shaders dressed in black, however. Maybe a nice red for Tomb Raider 2 bundles in 2015. :)

This interview with Bioware's Jessica Merizan is a fun tap to the gaming vein if you're collecting for Dragon Age and Mass Effect, but more importantly, a new IP. I love being teased like that, but I'm hoping it's for an Episode VII Star Wars single-player open world on Frostbite 3. If you watch Jessica carefully, you can almost read her mind when she mentions the new IP ... *STAR WARS* :)  No, but seriously, at the end, she mentions SWTOR and, "giving back to the fans."  

Also, one of the questions specifically alludes (if that's possible) to Project: Eternity, as far as Kickstarter, new-old games, and their influence, if any, on the new DA.

Speaking of Tomb Raider, if you haven't seen Chloe, the interviewer, cosplay as Lara Croft ... she nailed it, and I mean with a hammer.  :thumbsup:   

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.

Judging by the colors on their new logo I'd say Bioware is making Brokeback Mountain: The Game.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Looks like everyone is ignoring the possibility that Skyrim might have been so successful also because no xXpwnrererXx have been there to spoil their fun...

• Like 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

I certainly am not interested in any game where I'm online.  And generally speaking I'd rather play single-player games; I don't think Skyrim would have been better had I been forced to group or trade or deal with other players.

• Like 5

I don't mind online elements like social media and multi-palyer and such being added to single-player games, as long as they're optional.  What I don't want is having social media and multi-player crammed down my throat in a single-player game.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Looks like everyone is ignoring the possibility that Skyrim might have been so successful also because no xXpwnrererXx have been there to spoil their fun...

And a good part of what people enjoy about Dark Souls is the idea he might be there.

People are really just trying to figure out what to do with multiplayer now other than arena combat. Sadly, this won't fix the problem of feature bloat and design by checklist. But hopefully it won't make it worse.

Can anyone recommend a good strategy war game? Im looking for something set in the current real world or in the future. Wargame: Airland Battle looks like a possibility, has anyone here tried it? Im not necessarily interested in watching the battles play out in video and I would prefer something newer than SMAC (the still shots on Steam look terribad). Basically Im looking for a Total War game but with current / future units.

Haven't played any wargame since Tom Clancy's EndWar. Which was very much fun shouting commands into the mic - when the voice recognition understood what I was saying.

Before that I played a bit of S.W.I.N.E.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).