What you did today

Rosbjerg

However, I confess I'm intrigued by the whole soylent thing. Which I actually think is very smart. Yes, it has bad connotations, but they are obviously wrong. But people talk about it. Imagine it was called 'nutritio 500', none of you would have even reacted.

Well I'd have reacted differently, but I'd still have reacted. :)

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I feel bad that I've been working towards a degree and done only about 1.5 years worth of progress in 3 years. Having a full time job really sucks ass.

Don't feel bad KP, it took me 10 years to finish my undergrad degree. I never took more than 1-2 classes per semester and always at night and I worked full time the whole way. You just have to stick with it. Whatever you do, do not ever take a break, it's too easy to not go back.

Yeah, I'm slowly churning through it. My grades did slip last semester when I took night classes, so I think I'll avoid them this semester.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

However, I confess I'm intrigued by the whole soylent thing. Which I actually think is very smart. Yes, it has bad connotations, but they are obviously wrong. But people talk about it. Imagine it was called 'nutritio 500', none of you would have even reacted.

I ran it by a couple of people I know who are not well-versed sci-fi geeks.. and none of them have a problem with the name. In fact, none of them recognised the soylent name in the first place...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

When I worked as a "grafitti sanitizer" we had a special soap to wash tarmac, soot and rubber particles from concrete pillars and similar called Solvent Green.

I was the only person in the company that recognized it. :/

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I ran it by a couple of people I know who are not well-versed sci-fi geeks.. and none of them have a problem with the name. In fact, none of them recognised the soylent name in the first place...

A sad state of affairs, indeed...where's Heston when you need him?

When I worked as a "grafitti sanitizer" we had a special soap to wash tarmac, soot and rubber particles from concrete pillars and similar called Solvent Green.

I was the only person in the company that recognized it. :/

Solvent Green was someone you knew, I take it?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I'll never forget the surprise in his eyes...

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Found out a new employee's name is Garrett, hah.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Found out a new employee's name is Garrett, hah.

What did you guys talk about? I can probably guess...you swopped stories around whose pet moose eats the most food ?

:biggrin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Well a joke on his name being the name of the PC in Thief. Probably will be a console untermensch though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well a joke on his name being the name of the PC in Thief. Probably will be a console untermensch though.

Okay I see what you mean, I know several Garrets. Its not an uncommon name in South Africa

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Today I realised that the only time I've been a good employee was in the Army, and even then I was a pain in the ****ing arse.

I'm polite, granted. But I simply don't take orders very seriously.

LOL. Strange thing to realise while I was fixing the house. Maybe all I've ever needed wisdom wise was a big hammer and a pair of pliers.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

An old girlfriend got back in touch today. She asked if we could get together sometime. I hope she means that like I'd mean that.

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 3

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

An old girlfriend got back in touch today. She asked if we could get together sometime. I hope she means that like I'd mean that.

In my experience, about 70% of the time they just want a friendly face to tell them they still look good. Remember, women are completely mental.

• Like 2

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Present company excepted. LC.

-Elwood Blues

In my experience, about 70% of the time they just want a friendly face to tell them they still look good. Remember, women are completely mental.

That's why the  Crazy / Hot graph was invented.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

They aren't mental, they just don't want accountability in these matters.. They have to be able to rationalize it afterwards as "oh it just happened". So it's up to you to set the stage to let it "just happen"..

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

The more relevant question is " what if you find you aren't attracted to her anymore"  :unsure:

John Milton 

The more relevant question is " what if you find you aren't attracted to her anymore"  :unsure:

:lol:  That won't be a problem! I have remarkably low standards! Female? Check. Over 18? Check. Alive? Check. I'm good!

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Assassination attempt.

• Like 1

:lol:  That won't be a problem! I have remarkably low standards! Female? Check. Over 18? Check. Alive? Check. I'm good!

I like it, :biggrin:

John Milton 

http://news.yahoo.com/watch-egyptian-statue-thats-mysteriously-moving-itself-112600687.html;_ylt=A2KJ2UhP9slRzwYAcJTQtDMD

Guys I just watched this on CNN, its quite  "spooky"

This statue  does move during the day but there is an explanation

John Milton 

Went to the gym. Decided to try out their 30 minute power abs group thingie. Was a bit strange being the only man among eight or so rather young women :p

I do wonder though how showing up at the gym in a tennis skirt seemed like a good idea to one of them.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).