E3 Thread - 2013 Edition

C2B

Obsidian is the only studio in the world that could do Earthbound justice  :bow:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Has anyone seen the gameplay trailer for Bungie's "Destiny"? Looks very much like Borderlands only with better visual design. I don't know what to think about it really, it was the visual design that caught my attention in the first place but on the other hand I don't want to play a grindy MMO shooter. I'm hoping its more than that. And for a PC version of course.

Except it seems to have a bigger emphasis on the single player (given that a lot of their trailer seemed to be campaign oriented). And Public Quests were a thing.

Basically it seems like it's aiming for a model akin to ToR.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/06/11/killer-instinct-is-a-fun-free-to-play-xbox-one-launch-game

Killer Instinct is a day-one digital-only release on Xbox One, and features -- get this -- one character. Jago is free to play on launch day. Everyone else -- unspecified returning characters as well as original fighters -- will cost money. Price is to-be-determined (of course).

Hah.

So, it's going the League of Legends route then.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

MS > Sony.

what is microsoft doing that is better than what sony is doing?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Better games, and at least they are honest about their diabolical schemes. Sony just waited for Microsoft to announce price, then edited their Powerpoint slides.

Joke's on them, though, if this ridiculous pricing leads them to bankruptcy.

Edited by Drudanae

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Better games, and at least they are honest about their diabolical schemes. Sony just waited for Microsoft to announce price, then edited their Powerpoint slides.

Shrewd move on their part.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Shrewd move on their part.

And its ridiculous to think that a $100.00 per unit difference will drive them out of business.

Better games, how? 

Its slim pickings for both at the moment, we just don't know enough to say one way or the other.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Watched the Sony presser now. Managed to go unspoiled.

The Order: 1886

Knack (Maybe)

inFAMOUS: Second Son

Destiny (maybe)

Final Fantasy XV

Kingdom Hearts III

Add to that the PSN games that were shown. 

No used games and no online check in.

€399.

I might have to reconsider not buying one in 2014.

Better games, how? 

Its slim pickings for both at the moment, we just don't know enough to say one way or the other.

Well, MS snatched all exclusives. What exclusive has Sony showed, Final Fantasy XV?

Basically MS did what they did to accomodate the publishers, makes them easier to work with. While PS4 will require third party DRM.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Well, MS snatched all exclusives.

all i saw was ryse, that digital-only killer instinct remake and dead rising 3.  does microsoft have more exclusives than those?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

all i saw was ryse, that digital-only killer instinct remake and dead rising 3.  does microsoft have more exclusives than those?

They have exclusive Big Brother spying technology.  Does that count?

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

It also depends on how you treat console exclusives. Titanfall for example is coming to PC as well, but isn't on PS4.

Otherwise you still left off Halo, Project Spark, Sunset Overdrive, D4, Quantum Break, Lococycle, Crimson Dragon, whatever Black Tusk Studios is working on and Forza 5. Microsoft does indeed have more exclusives announced than Sony does at this point in time.

I'm shocked we haven't heard anything about either Gran Turismo or Uncharted.  I thought those were Sony's flagship franchises?  Will they really launch the PS4 without one of those?

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Huh, Deraldin managed to ninja me on the Xbone exclusives.

They should have 15 exclusives total*

Sony has...

Knack

DriveClub

Killzone: Shadowfall

inFAMOUS: Second Son

The Order: 1886

The Witness

And first 3 are confirmed as launch titles. They should have 20 exclusives* come during first year of PS4 release

* they haven't specified whether "console exclusive" games count, which are games that'll be available on one console and PC. This'd lower the amount of yet unannounced exclusive titles for Sony by a lot due to all the indie games, and Xbone by a few as well

Edited by Nordicus

Saints Row 4 looks exciting. yeah.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'm shocked we haven't heard anything about either Gran Turismo or Uncharted.  I thought those were Sony's flagship franchises?  Will they really launch the PS4 without one of those?

Gran Turismo 6 is supposed to be coming at the end of this year for Playstation 3. It was shown during the E3 conference. Uncharted develper Naughty Dog has been working on The Last of Us which releases this week so I wouldn't expect anything from them for at least a year.

Edited by Deraldin

Well exclusives might not be much of a selling point for me nowadays as most of them are sequels to game I don't care for - and this applies to both camps.

The only exclusive I'd really like to play is The Last Guardian and no one knows when that will come out or if at all.

well xbox 360 had only ONE good exclusive game (shadow complex) and the ps3 had at least 2 (uncharted 2, demons' souls)

it remains to be seen whether any of the next gen non-nintendo systems will end up with good exclusives

neither the xbone or the ps4 appear to have any exclusive game that i would buy a system solely for (yet)

the only game announced so far that makes me even want ANY console at all is Destiny, and that might end up on PC...

I hope it does. Its the first shooter in ages to spark my interest.

One thing that's not so good though is that we're likely to get it after the console peasants  - its just not the same as jumping in on a new game when its fresh.

Really, the more I think about it, the less sense it makes to have a console exclusive shooter of all things. Bungie isn't under Microsoft's boot anymore so there's no reason to ignore another source of revenue - and the programming will be done for the newer consoles which are as close to the PC as a console has ever been.

Yep, I'm fairly certain we're getting this.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

They have exclusive Big Brother spying technology.  Does that count?

Which is exactly why I don't want the One, and is exactly how Sony can sell the Four for less, since their camera is optional. Sony is not going out of business, they're doing this launch right, finally. It's shocking for me to be a current 360 owner and be successfully wooed by a Playstation. $400 for 7850/7870-level graphics with 8 gigs of RAM and a 500GB HD ... insane. 

All Stop. On Screen.

I'm genuinely baffled by Microsoft's reasoning here --- it's clearly not a gamer-focussed console. It's like making a non-surfer focussed surf-board. It's as if the suits managed to f**k up even more spectacularly than usual.

MS were ham-fisted when it came to phones and tablets, and they've continued the death spiral with DerpBoxOne.

• Like 1

sonsofgygax.JPG