What are you playing now?

Just got my hands on Underrail Alpha on desura. Oh boy, can't wait to get rid of the final exam on saturday. 

At least until Deadly Premonition arrives.

Mine is already here! *smug*

Edited by Astiaks

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

I just got myself a PS3, and one of the games I got with it was Resistance: Fall of Man. Generally, I got 2 things to say about it:

1) I wish it was on PC instead, because I hate gamepad controls far more than I remember.

2) I'm actually glad now that I didn't buy a PS3 on release year and get this game, because even though this was made by Insomniac, in the first 4 hours, this hasn't been nearly as FUN as Ratchet & Clank games were. Even Ratchet Dealocked, while not as good as the first trilogy, had me enjoying myself more than the first few hours of Resistance

Edited by Nordicus

Netflix: Star Trek TNG >.>

(And not sports due to ankle injury :( )

I hear ya. I had to miss a softball game Sunday because of a pair of workboots I had last year that messed both of mine up. If I'm really busy, and I don't realize I've been on my feet for hours on end without sitting, I'm limping until my second day off. I used to look forward to a game before work, now I'm lucky if I can play those.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

So after setting GTA IV to only use one core, finally got past that bug. Failed a couple more times due to the helicopter controls on PC being a bit weird (and not being able to apply a 'bit' of collective). But all done now, 60 hours or so - not bad for $7.50. Will try Lost and Damned which I must say I'm surprised at the size of according to Steam - 14 gigs ? Sheesh

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Netflix: Star Trek TNG >.>

(And not sports due to ankle injury :( )

Hah.

I was excited and ready to go running yesterday, but then I looked down at my little toe.

"Oh right, it's still red and purple."

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

So after setting GTA IV to only use one core, finally got past that bug. Failed a couple more times due to the helicopter controls on PC being a bit weird (and not being able to apply a 'bit' of collective). But all done now, 60 hours or so - not bad for $7.50. Will try Lost and Damned which I must say I'm surprised at the size of according to Steam - 14 gigs ? Sheesh

Lost & Damned is fairly meh, slightly below the level of the main story, in my opinion.  The Ballad of Gay Tony is the star of GTA 4, it's easily better than both the main story and Lost & Damned.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Tales from Liberty City, not Lost and Damned as the 16 gig install, whoops. But yes, someone I know mentioned that Ballad of Gay Tony was the better of the two. But eh, might as well slog through everything.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Can I freely sell the items the game says have no research purposes in XCOM:EU?

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Yep, that's what they are there for.

• Like 1

Well, I'm more than halfway into XCOM and its quite fun. 

However in some respects, it feels like a missed opportunity. The game doesn't have sufficient strategic depth to warrant many playthroughs and is burdened with some scripted missions that will always play out the same, particularly in the beginning.

Its the Irenicus dungeon syndrome all over again.

Really, what XCOM needs is more of everything. More tinkering in the hangar, more soldier customization, more maps, more options in combat, more randomization of missions and objectives. Of everything you get to do in the game, like research, facilities  - there are so few things to do that you end up doing most of them, and that makes them less relevant because then its not really a hard choice that has an impact either way.

Its a decent framework, but as it stands now its not build for sustained play. 

Its worth the 3$ I paid for it (In'deed) and I don't regret buying it, but if it were a bigger game in many, many respects it would have been a legendary title talked about for years to come.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor
  • Like 1

Trying out the Old Gods DLC for Crusader Kings. Playing as the King of Sjælland (half of Denmark). Decided to conquer the other half. I found it strange that they had no troops when I attacked, but decided that it was all cool and just easier for me. I capture the king by taking his castle and thus quickly end the war. What I hadn't noticed was that Jutland (the other half of Denmark) had conquered and annexed half of England while I was conquering them. Which then promplty passed to me .. So now I basically quadroupled my holdings..

Yay!

Fortune favors the bald.

I'm pretty good at intrigue, so I assassinate, imprision and plot my way out of much danger. But yeah, I'm guessing the British holdings are going to fall away when my kings dies. Those kind of conquests usually do. But that cool I want to hold Scandinavia and raid England. :) (love that new mechanic haha)

Fortune favors the bald.

However in some respects, it feels like a missed opportunity. The game doesn't have sufficient strategic depth to warrant many playthroughs and is burdened with some scripted missions that will always play out the same, particularly in the beginning.

Really, what XCOM needs is more of everything. More tinkering in the hangar, more soldier customization, more maps, more options in combat, more randomization of missions and objectives. Of everything you get to do in the game, like research, facilities  - there are so few things to do that you end up doing most of them, and that makes them less relevant because then its not really a hard choice that has an impact either way.

Its worth the 3$ I paid for it (In'deed) and I don't regret buying it, but if it were a bigger game in many, many respects it would have been a legendary title talked about for years to come.

It's a lot of fun, although I'm still confused as to why there's an actual storyline when you choose Tutorial but none when you choose to start the game normally (I dove in blind and still haven't bothered to investigate outside of the game.) Should probably look that up, sometime. It's true that there's room for more content and customization, but at the same time, increased complexity doesn't necessarily lead to increased quality.

I'm pretty good at intrigue, so I assassinate, imprision and plot my way out of much danger. But yeah, I'm guessing the British holdings are going to fall away when my kings dies. Those kind of conquests usually do. But that cool I want to hold Scandinavia and raid England. :) (love that new mechanic haha)

The raiding mechanic is interesting (although I think maybe a bit on the OP side... hahaha).

Ol' Olaf has just started, and will be able to conquer all of Iceland soon enough.  Need to write up an update, but have a child and some other stuff to share.  It's been fun (although it slows the game down a lot! ;) )

• Like 1

Well historically it was a bit OP.. Vikings managed to expand their culture all over Europe and many of the European royal houses were/are in some form descendants of viking raiding parties turned local rulers. :) but yeah, I got like 300 gold from raid Ireland, which is too much so early. It's gonna askew the balance.. I hope Christianity becomes a major threat in the next 200-300 years.

Fortune favors the bald.

increased complexity doesn't necessarily lead to increased quality.

Of course, it depends on the nature of the changes. Still I think this game is in dire need of a sequel to take it to the next level - like what BGII did for the original Baldur's Gate.

Sure wish the soldiers of the future in XCOM could find a way to carry more than one grenade before they become senior officers :lol:

Well historically it was a bit OP.. Vikings managed to expand their culture all over Europe and many of the European royal houses were/are in some form descendants of viking raiding parties turned local rulers. :) but yeah, I got like 300 gold from raid Ireland, which is too much so early. It's gonna askew the balance.. I hope Christianity becomes a major threat in the next 200-300 years.

Fair enough.  I don't know too much about the Vikings haha.

I am, however, looking forward to doing another playthrough but as an Irish Count, and seeing if I can stave off the hordes.  I won't have the monies which is the biggest challenge I think.  Might have to pick a non-coastal nation just to make sure they don't just run in and stomp all over me!

Sure wish the soldiers of the future in XCOM could find a way to carry more than one grenade before they become senior officers :lol:

The next attempt at streamlining will have them all use clubs.

If it was good for the stone ages, its good for the future as well

Having finished the very disappointing Resistance: Fall of Man, I'm playing Lost Planet 2...

...aaaaaaaaaaand I can't read a damn thing. I guess this is one of those current generation games that are illegible if you're not playing on an HD display. Time to buy an HDMI-DVI cable!

The raiding mechanic is interesting (although I think maybe a bit on the OP side... hahaha).

Ol' Olaf has just started, and will be able to conquer all of Iceland soon enough.  Need to write up an update, but have a child and some other stuff to share.  It's been fun (although it slows the game down a lot! ;) )

Nothing wrong with it being over powered when it's so fun. I've sacked Rome and Paris so much I've destroyed several of their holdings. Well on my way to creating a Norse Byzantium Empire, sad that I can't create a Norse Roman Empire due to needing to be christian(a bizarre requirement).

Had to laugh when one of my heirs broke away and created their own petty kingdom by subjugating the southern steppes, then my other heir inherited the Kingdom of Bravaria(child from a kidnapped consort) and finally, the husband of my daughter(matrilineal) concurred the kingdom of Bulgaria meaning the heir will also be of my dynasty. All of this in the space of 10 yrs.

Saddest part of all is that their Kingdoms are far more stable then my current controlled Kingdoms of Anatolia, Sicily and Greece(in provinces only). Now to hold all the gains.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif