RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS

That said, while I love my ipad, it's a disappointing gaming platform for sure.

Tablets are a platform still in its infancy.  People are still trying to figure out how to utilize it to its full potential and the hardware is only beginning to mature.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Its probably that everyone is using similar software to generate terrain.

Graphics were never the problem in Total War games anyway.

I tried a bit of Shogun 2 and was pretty disappointed that anti aliasing is broken in the game. You can toggle it on but it doesn't work. Everything looks jagged as hell.

Incredible how they havent fixed such a basic problem.

Edited by Drowsy Emperor

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

Well, if it has Keith David, that's a plus.

• Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Haha, Saints Row: The Matrix.. I love how shameless they are about it.

It wouldn't be a Saints Row game if they had any shame about anything in it.. ;)

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Rome: TW2 is looking incredible, 2013 is pretty great for RTS / strategy gamers. And thanks to... Sega??

Strange days.

I refuse to believe any CA game is going to live up to its hype. Ever since I realised that the AI in Empire was WORSE than that in Medeival.

How the **** is that even possible?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Rome: TW2 is looking incredible, 2013 is pretty great for RTS / strategy gamers. And thanks to... Sega??

Strange days.

I refuse to believe any CA game is going to live up to its hype. Ever since I realised that the AI in Empire was WORSE than that in Medeival.

How the **** is that even possible?

Well at least the AI in Shogun 2 was the best since .. well shogun..

• Like 1

Fortune favors the bald.

Dunno if anyone around here cares, but we are closing FOnline: 2238 at the end of the month. It was quite some experience and I learned a lot about game production / development over the past 4 years- More than I learned from any other mod I've done in my life so far. Often it was a good time, also often it was a really horrible time and many mistakes were made by our team... Oh well. In the end, the game became just way too big for our small team.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 2

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Well at least the AI in Shogun 2 was the best since .. well shogun..

Go home, you are drunk. S2 had the same dumb AI we saw in ETW and Med2. Frontal attcks, Full peasant stacks and ****. It just seemed better because compared with ETW retardation melee and archer combat was somewhat better.

MzpydUh.gif

But what if I am home.. and drunk?

Are you saying that Rome's AI was better? or that it's simply always been bad and using the word "good" is misleading (because then we can find some middleground).

Fortune favors the bald.

I fail to see what's so special. The graphics are pretty average.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

I'm waiting to see how Dawn of War 3 will be handled with Sega calling the shots (them being Relic's owner and all). 

That's an interesting question. I'm not a Sega fanboy by any stretch of the imagination, but let's look at the evidence:

1. Sega buy CA in what, 2008? We've had Empires and Shogun 2 since then. Love them or hate them (Empires, for example, wasn't to my taste) they were critically-acclaimed, well-supported and faithful to the essence of the franchise. The only change I noticed was a plethora of DLC - is that a sing of the times or Sega? Dunno, you tell me but the sky hasn't fallen in and CA continue to make credible, grown-up strategy games with high production values.

2. Sega buy Relic earlier this year. They rescue Company of Heroes 2, give it an extra three months polishing time from the original release and pour extra funding into it. Hell, they even listen to a fan petition and retain a much-respected community manager despite him living a gazillion miles away. Frankly, as a fan, I can't criticise any aspect of Sega's handling of this affair. A great game I thought would get cancelled is now being released with a six-year support cycle and a plan. The competitive esports crowd are grumbling, but that's a niche thing that will be addressed after release.

So, what of DoW3? A much-loved franchise. There is no reason to suggest that DoW won't get the CoH treatment. OK, there might be a console tie-in, perhaps, and more DLC (although DoW was spammed with DLC anyhow) but I think that it will continue on the path that the originals took.

In short, it *seems* that Sega are happy to have a portfolio of boutique development houses *at the moment* to service PC / strategy gaming. Big, meaty titles, for sure as this is a business, but there can be no doubt that Sega's wider credibility has benefited as a result. The real test will come, IMO, on the next turn of the wheel, or after a title is deemed mediocre.

Just my two groats, but Sega have done the reverse of what the dollar-hungry, short-termist vampires at EA would have done.

• Like 3

sonsofgygax.JPG

Well, if it has Keith David, that's a plus.

I was already all types of sold on this game, but nooooooooooo, they had to go ahead and sell me some more on it.  You already got my money folks, you don't need to try so hard.

:p

• Like 4

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks