What you did today

Rosbjerg

Well, turns out I'm one of two up for the slot at the adult shop now.  Lower pay, better conditions, still have the application in with the bus company (have an exam with them at the start of next month) but I don't think they'll be happy with me as an employee because I'm an active student.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Went to a park today and saw the sun. Wish the wind would die down tho.

Hubs is situated on the couch for the evening, watching his bad TV, so time for me to do a little gamin'. One of the things I like about Neverwinter Online is it's really easy to play for an hour and feel like you did something, unlike most MMO's.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

My wife and I renewed our vows today for out 10 year anniversary.  It was pretty emotional, lightened up by my son running circles around the pew in the church. :)

Now I'm taking a break before the BBQ we are throwing to celebrate.  You are all invited  :biggrin:

Congrats Hurlshot.

I would love to come, thanks for the invite. Its not often you meet someone on the Internet who is prepared to invite people who he only knows on forums into his private home. I am impressed. Don't worry I am exactly the same in RL as I am on these forums so you won't be surprised by any weird behavior( unless you think my forum behavior is weird :) ). Just send me a PM with your home details. I don't need accommodation as I'll check into a hotel in the area. I look forward to meeting you and your family :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Bought some vintage nikes at a swapmeet, went to my sisters wedding, got so drunk I had trouble not falling off my bike on the way home. No pretty ladies in my bed unfortunately.

Note that he tactfully neglects to mention how many ugly ones...

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Congrats Hurlshot.

Hm, kind of made it out of bed some point past 11am. Okay, closer to noon. Made a couple of cups of tea, pondering on whether to take some ibruprufen and head back to bed for the afternoon. Found out nobody had emptied the dishwasher in the past couple of days so dealt with that before the side gets too stacked up.

Sipping cuppa in a darkened room, while trying not to overly think too much. Actually might try watching Doctor Who before any decisions get mae.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Congrats Hurlshot.

Hm, kind of made it out of bed some point past 11am. Okay, closer to noon. Made a couple of cups of tea, pondering on whether to take some ibruprufen and head back to bed for the afternoon. Found out nobody had emptied the dishwasher in the past couple of days so dealt with that before the side gets too stacked up.

Sipping cuppa in a darkened room, while trying not to overly think too much. Actually might try watching Doctor Who before any decisions get mae.

Go for a walk, old boy. Fresh air. No one ever got better lying in bed.

Feel free to ignore.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Realizing watching Arsenal may kill me due to stress, but they got the job done, barely, again. Phew, now for a fun day of cleaning and domestic disturbance

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Grandma was diagnosed with aggressive leukemia, the doctor's mentioned "weeks".

Less than one week, apparently. She passed away a few hours ago. :( At least it wasn't a long, drawn-out battle.

Sorry to hear that mate :(

Condolences TrueNeutral. 

Had a pretty great weekend. Spent it with the girlfriend, enjoying the great weather we've had here. Spent Saturday on the beach and it was... oh-so-nice. Then lieing awake far into the night, feeling the summer-ish night breeze blow in through the open windows, chatting about nothing and everything until falling asleep. I've missed that stuff. Felt really good.

Also good news is that we've found an apartment which she'll be taking. It's out a bit in the "country" which she likes a lot. The apartment itself is located in a house from the early 1900s, and it's really wonderful. She was a bit afraid of moving into an apartment since she's lived most of her life in houses, but the way the landlord has set it up, it feels almost half-house, half-apartment. There is a garden where you can go crazy if you want to, as long as you take care of it. The apartment is spaceous and very "home-y" . It's also being renovated before she moves in next month.

I'm holding on to my apartment for now, we're gonna see how it goes for us once she's moved out from her current place and is "free" of her ex-boyfriend. But it will be a great second home these coming months for sure. Even though I have to work a lot, this summer will be a really exciting one.

• Like 1

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Less than one week, apparently. She passed away a few hours ago. :( At least it wasn't a long, drawn-out battle.

Condolences, even forewarned it's not easy.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Yes. Sorry to hear that. Tried to think of something comforting to say and all I got was "badgers". Which is silly, not comforting. But hopefully it will make you laugh.

-Elwood Blues

Condolences TN

I am apparently under attack by tornados. Two severe storm warnings and a tornado siren has been used. Crammed everyone in my store into the cooler for a while until the storm passed.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

:( Hugs.
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Everyone's experience is different, but to me a fast descent beats extended pain and fear. Hope she didn't suffer, and will be remembered.

-Elwood Blues

Condolences TN. 

Loss and grief hits everyone in a different way, I think that's why there are so many different platitudes that flow around during those times.

Still have remnants of yesterday's headache grinding away, along with a few other aches and icks. Almost has that onset "flu" type feel, but not quite.

Had a cup of tea, been out for a short walk in the fresh air, sorting out some of those odds and ends that need to be dealt with at home. Got to establish a To-Do list for this week and make some attempt at plowing through it, along with trying out the EuroTalk Learn Mexican-Spanish software that arrived over the weekend.

A little random pondering on John Hurt's appearance on Doctor Who in the background... can't make up  my mind if he was meant to represent the "Final" Doctor or the Doctor during the Time War...

Today I discovered that the man I consider to be the 'perfect' conductor - Herbert von Karajan - joined the Nazi party in 1933. Appropriately enough I was listening to Mozart's 'Lacrimosa' when I found this out. :(

EDIT:

I just accidentally inserted a :shifty: into my written work. LOL. Serious documents should totally have shifty eyes in them.

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. We're doing pretty okay all things considered, it's like she waited until all the relatives from far and wide had shown up and then passed. There's been tears and a few disagreements regarding funeral arrangements, but mostly everyone has made it through with enough closure to deal with it.

Thanks for the laugh, Wals. ^^

Well I think I can say, that with the raised temperature yet suffering chills and shivvers, and the half-hour I just spent with my guts in rebellion.. It quite possibly is the blush of flu. >_<

Well I think I can say, that with the raised temperature yet suffering chills and shivvers, and the half-hour I just spent with my guts in rebellion.. It quite possibly is the blush of flu. >_<

Hot chillis, ginger, and whisky!

• Like 1

-Elwood Blues