What you did today

Rosbjerg

I think I got you beat on the stream of consciousness department, I can barely make sense of what I wrote, myself.

OK day at work, splitting headache for most of it, crazies on the other side in one case etc. Boss is worried about how I'm getting along here in the boondocks, but for the moment I have no issues, as people are happy to drop by and visit me frequently and I don't mind spending the weekday evenings alone. Pretty sure I won't be able to stay here for good, though, but if it's long enough to get back into the sort of shape I actually should be in and forget the nastiness of some serious office politics, I'd still be happy.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I think I got you beat on the stream of consciousness department, I can barely make sense of what I wrote, myself.

OK day at work, splitting headache for most of it, crazies on the other side in one case etc. Boss is worried about how I'm getting along here in the boondocks, but for the moment I have no issues, as people are happy to drop by and visit me frequently and I don't mind spending the weekday evenings alone. Pretty sure I won't be able to stay here for good, though, but if it's long enough to get back into the sort of shape I actually should be in and forget the nastiness of some serious office politics, I'd still be happy.

Is anyone else imagining Nep in a setup like Northern Exposure?

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 2

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Election in BC today. NDP started the election with a 21 point lead in the polls over the Liberals, narrowed to a 9 point lead as of today. Final results had them trailing by 5 points. Widespread anger at the governing Liberals lead to a 5 seat gain. Record low of 48% turnout. Obviously a majoity of those who didn't vote were NDP supporters (young people)

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

0306_1_DI.jpg

I'm a sad panda. One of the guys with a canoe pulled out, and another person's canoe is no longer any good for the trip leaving us with 11 people, and 2 working canoes. The extra trips aren't a problem, it's the "if something happens" factor.

So now we're just having a fire and pitching tents in the guy's backyard that lives (relatively) close by, while we leave the girls behind and take the remaining boats and go fishing for a few hours.

Oh well, it beats working, even if it was my weekend to run the steady machines. The planner probably would have me change each machine over at least once everyday anyways.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Went to the docs with high blood pressure and they agreed it needs to be monitored, I've got to keep a log of my results for the next week so they can tell if it's a real problem...I'm under far more stress than normal this year so I'm hoping it's just this and nothing more serious  :unsure:

Went to the docs with high blood pressure and they agreed it needs to be monitored, I've got to keep a log of my results for the next week so they can tell if it's a real problem...I'm under far more stress than normal this year so I'm hoping it's just this and nothing more serious  :unsure:

Good luck old chap.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Did they send you home with a blood pressure cuff so you could check it yourself?

No but I've had one of my mum's round here for a while, I've been feeling tense and getting more headaches than usual so I thought I'd better check it out.  The machine (fancy modern one) usually says I'm high to normal but sometimes it registers mild hypertension...and arrhythmia, but these things apparently have quite a margin of error when it comes to heart rhythm.

Good luck old chap.

Thanks mate, 33 feels too early for this stuff but then I haven't always been a good boy  o:)

Edited by WDeranged

but then I haven't always been a good boy

No one interesting ever has.. :thumbsup:
But I hope things turn out well for you, it's a little too early to have serious health problems.

Fortune favors the bald.

I'm dealing with high blood pressure as well, it's genetic for me.  Although they tell me to monitor it and then don't explain how that even works.  

I can get pretty stressed out too, I comment regularly to my wife about how she is trying to collect on the life insurance by leaving her piles of clothes all over the bedroom :p

If you do some extensive endurance training like cycling or running your blood pressure will drop for a few hours and if you do it regularly it will drop permanently. I used to have high blood pressure when I was teenager, the best way to deal with it is not pills nor doctors, just get yourself a good endurance training routine and your blood pressure will drop. Heck, even cycling on a home trainer an hour / day will have a positive impact on your blood pressure. 

If you do sports and you suffer from high blood pressure its probably your diet, stay away from sugar, soft drinks and food with tons of carbohydrates in it, it makes your blood pressure and heart rate fluctuate like crazy.

Just don't say its genetic and don't really care about it, high blood pressure ruins your arteries and especially your kidneys. 

A LOT of common 1. world health problems can be solved either via regular exercise or a healthier diet. 

Ooh.. I don't know why but this suddenly reminds me of that random animation I've seen a couple of years ago....

Edited by Woldan

I gazed at the dead, and for one dark moment I saw a banquet. 

I've actually cut down on sugar and fat in the last year, so it might be more manageable now.  It isn't super high, just slightly elevated.  It's nowhere near needing pills or anything like that.

I'd love to exercise more, but an hour a day is pretty hard to find with work and the kids.  I still get my hockey time in and try to run around with my kids as much as possible.

Hopefully WD can get it under control as well.

Yes Woldan is correct, regular exercise is a good way to keep your blood pressure down.

@ Wderanged

Do you do any cardio exercise? This would help with your stress levels as well

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I'd love to exercise more, but an hour a day is pretty hard to find with

No offense Hurlshot but I hear that excuse from people a lot around exercise, "I don't have time"

The reality is that people choose not to exercise because they decide to other things in there spare time. For example you could spend 30 minutes less on the Internet or gaming and go for a run? ( and I'm not suggesting I don't enjoy your comments on the forums so don't take this the wrong way :))

• Like 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Bruce is right, but he can still bugger off.

• Like 3

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I've found great success in combining - time where I sit down I can do weight lifting for instance. It's not so much the internet or the diet - it's the inactivity. But of course if you eat healthy as well you just speed up the healing process.

Fortune favors the bald.

Sitting and wondering if it's worth complaining to the hotel reception. Mini bar hasn't been restocked for 2 days ;(

On the other hand, I'm checking out tomorrow, probably wont make a difference in time. Ah well, we all have to bring sacrifices.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

My stomach hurts, so I stayed home today. Don't want the kids to get the same crap that I have. There goes this days salary down the drain.

I've been working on my Project Eternity character. I think I might have overdone it a bit. I also fear that when the team sees it, the character and ideas will be ripped to shreds.

Edited by Labadal

Sitting and wondering if it's worth complaining to the hotel reception. Mini bar hasn't been restocked for 2 days ;(

On the other hand, I'm checking out tomorrow, probably wont make a difference in time. Ah well, we all have to bring sacrifices.

Special request from your employer? ;)

• Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I've found great success in combining - time where I sit down I can do weight lifting for instance.

I keep telling hubby we should get rid of one of the couches and put treadmills in front of the TV but he's not going for it. Maybe if we had a bigger living room. But yeah ... sometimes I'll even slow-jog in place while I'm reading a book.  I try to do that type of thing more and more, too. Not that I always succeed. It's much easier to whinge about how I need to do better than to actually do better.  :biggrin: 

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I bike everywhere and I do really work myself but it's only short journeys, no long term aerobic benefit.  I recently got given a half decent rowing machine but I haven't used it once, I used to do sit ups and push ups but those have fallen by the wayside...as usual it's obvious what I need to do but I can't be arsed to do it :(

Watching the Canada vs Sweden hockey game.

We won!

w00t! Today every issue I chose at work I thought was going to be a simple one. Boy did that turn out wrong.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I've turned into one of those people who takes lots of short vids and pics but then never gets around to "taking" them out of the camera/s.

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts