What are you playing now?

Looks like Irrational finally released a patch to fix the stuttering in Bioshock Infinite, it's a shame I had to wait 2 months but at least I'll be better suited to judge the game purely on it's merits now...

Edited by WDeranged

Some PC users got really bad loading stutter every twenty paces, I found the game unplayable.  By this point I figured that such a small percentage of us had the issue that Irrational had decided to give us the finger but apparently this patch fixed or greatly alleviates the stutter.

I just finished Saints Row 3, its entertaining and good fun. I spent about 58 hours playing it so well worth the money. I would rate it a 70/100

I am going to play the new Devil May Cry now and then I'll move onto Fallout 1 :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Had my first death as my Commando tank build in Grim Dawn this morning.  It was completely avoidable, but pride didn't allow me to quaff a potion.  Taking on one cold one, even in a pack of a bunch of other beasties, is one thing, but taking on three of them at once?  That's just really cruel for a melee character.  There's almost no way to avoid getting stun locked in that situation.  What's worse, I have a skill that lets me temporarily be immune to stuns, unfortunately their ability isn't technically a "stun" it's a freeze, though in practice it amounts to the same thing, except my skill is useless against it. 

:facepalm:

Pretty good, though.  Only 1 death in 15 levels so far.  :)

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

there are a few diablo-type games coming out soon right?

grim dawn and 1-2 others?  anyone have a list?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Grim Dawn

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing

Those are the 2 I can thinbk of off the top of my head.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Grim Dawn

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing

Those are the 2 I can thinbk of off the top of my head.

After playing through the CB and some of the retail release of Van Helsing, it is a Diablo game to an extent.  It has loot, leveling system, and story, but the devs have said it's the first in a trilogy where the game is mostly about the story.  From what I understand, there isn't a new game + to the game, and I don't believe enemies respawn, so I believe it's just meant as a 10sih hours of story based loot collecting from what I understand, but we'll see as I progress further into it.

Loving Grim Dawn right now pretty much as much as you are Keyrock.  It seems like it'll be a great game for sure.

Also in the future is Legend of Dawn, which is a Diablo like game, well, more like Sacred I believe where I believe they're trying to have a more intricate crafting system, and more survival elements  to the rpg scene, but not sure when that will be out as they said February, however it seems the late release is due to steam integration and gog.com policy (DRM-Free) being added.

isn't Path of Exile a diablo type game?  i remember hearing people talk about it when diablo 3 came out, but the game is still in beta i think

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Continuing with my Okami HD play-through  I love the game despite the repetitive combat. I did finally get a new weapon and the ability to shield myself with a sub-weapon, so that's good. Beat the first boss today. I'm not getting in as much gaming time as I want, spending too much time on the internet.

My kids were playing some hidden object game called Aquascapes where you found objects for money, so you could build aquariums. It was on one of those try before you buy game services. My dad was going to buy it because he ended up playing it for hours after we left. It was one of those services that acts like Columbia House, where you basically have to lock into an agreement to get the deal on the game, or you have to play the full price of $20.

The next day, we picked up Gardenscapes 2 on it. It's just as much fun. I decided to go to the developers website to see if I could buy it on there instead. Indeed I could.

I picked up a pack of a bunch of their hidden object games for $30. The whole catalog of their games is available for $64.

So now I'm playing Gardenscapes 2, and my mom has left Bejewelled for a while.

Gardenscapes 1 is part of this name your own price bundle.

Ahh, simple, really good casual games. They've got some of them online for free including Gardenscapes MM.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

My kids were playing some hidden object game called Aquascapes where you found objects for money, so you could build aquariums. It was on one of those try before you buy game services. My dad was going to buy it because he ended up playing it for hours after we left. It was one of those services that acts like Columbia House, where you basically have to lock into an agreement to get the deal on the game, or you have to play the full price of $20.

The next day, we picked up Gardenscapes 2 on it. It's just as much fun. I decided to go to the developers website to see if I could buy it on there instead. Indeed I could.

I picked up a pack of a bunch of their hidden object games for $30. The whole catalog of their games is available for $64.

So now I'm playing Gardenscapes 2, and my mom has left Bejewelled for a while.

Gardenscapes 1 is part of this name your own price bundle.

Ahh, simple, really good casual games. They've got some of them online for free including Gardenscapes MM.

My eyes! They're burning!

My eyes! They're burning!

:lol: I know, but they're actually really good, and fun. It's beyond me why I need to save up something like $40K or so for a new shirt for the butler, but my garden is already the best it can be, but dag nab it, I'm going to him a purple shirt.

At this point, I'm trying to unlock the third level Top Salesman of the Year achievement, where you try to get 10 or so sales in a row without a single customer losing a heart for time. THAT is what can make this game tough. Plus when someone asks for a compass, it could be the magnetic kind, or the making circles kind. Keys might be like house keys, or the key you use to tighten and loosen up a drill.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

isn't Path of Exile a diablo type game?  i remember hearing people talk about it when diablo 3 came out, but the game is still in beta i think

Yup. imo, it's more Diablo like than Sacred ever was.

And it's in open-beta. No more chr. wipes...I'd say PoE is in what is now called "soft-launch" rather than true beta.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

This truly is a horrible year when it comes to cRPGs being released for the consoles.  I've never replayed more old games than I've been doing lately.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I played about five hours of Bioshock Infinity and mostly enjoyed it, it goes without saying that the world design is excellent, quite breathtaking in places, but I do miss Rapture's explorability.  The plot is decent enough (for an action game) so far and Elizabeth is a well designed character but it does feel a bit ludicrous when she keeps pulling coins and rifles out of her arse  :blink:

I do find myself being distracted by the overwhelming bluntness of the racism, if there's not a deeper meaning behind all the xenophobic jingoism I'll be quite annoyed, I hate message movies.

I do find myself being distracted by the overwhelming bluntness of the racism, if there's not a deeper meaning behind all the xenophobic jingoism I'll be quite annoyed, I hate message movies.

Wouldn't the meaning be "America was quite racist around this time"? It's pre-civil rights movement after all.

Still playing Neverwinter Online, getting real close to level cap (53 out of 60) with my great weapon fighter, and Grim Dawn.  Much like Titan Quest, and maybe even more so, Grim Dawn is great at allowing you to make completely different builds out of the same masteries. It's crazy just how many different directions you can go in and still make a viable build out of just the 3 masteries that are in there now.  That should increase exponentially when the other 2 masteries are introduced.

8)

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Wouldn't the meaning be "America was quite racist around this time"? It's pre-civil rights movement after all.

Yeah but that's not exactly a revelation, the game has slapped me with the racism stick so many times that it's become comical rather than shocking.