Any additional changes would come from perceived failings of it during playthroughs/testing.

Very well. What about the effect of piercing weapons on light armors, by the way? Is it now also a percentage modifier on the DT, or is still an absolute modifier like in the original system? (ie, -3 DT instead of -40% DT)

Edited by Infinitron

I have a questions about items. 

One of the things that I really want was the way items are presented in Baldur's gate 2. I know you will have history on items but my question is...

Will items information be more.... traditional like having sketched artwork of the items and information? seen below. I played IWD and other Infinity games but they are missing that minor detail. It made some of the items soulless and boring. 

g9wBhpn.jpg

Edited by ryukenden
  • Like 10

Just got an idea about Skuldr. So they have ability to see soul,rigth? Adventures know this, some analogs of scientist knows that, thieves, locals...so what about guard patroling city or roads etc with those beasts on a chains? And what if those things can feel a "quality" of souls? Might be interesting.

• Like 1

Have not been posting much although I have been up to date with all the updates!

All seems to be going fairly well. I am just so happy to have helped towards this Project!

Looking forward for update in two weeks time!

Just got an idea about Skuldr. So they have ability to see soul,rigth? Adventures know this, some analogs of scientist knows that, thieves, locals...so what about guard patroling city or roads etc with those beasts on a chains? And what if those things can feel a "quality" of souls? Might be interesting.

Neat idea! I don't know if they could be domesticated enough for a regular city or village, but maybe for a weirder or more dangerous type of place.

One of the things that I really want was the way items are presented in Baldur's gate 2. I know you will have history on items but my question is...

Will items information be more.... traditional like having sketched artwork of the items and information? seen below. I played IWD and other Infinity games but they are missing that minor detail. It made some of the items soulless and boring.

It's a good use for concept art, really. And it IS really nice to see the "life-size" details of objects in the world, in a game during which you're mainly viewing everything from the same sky angle the whole time. Gives the items some character, ^_^

• Like 2

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Dynamic Cloth - We are doing further research into character dynamism, and are creating capes for our characters to equip.

Oh please tell me you're also looking at dynamic cloth dresses (and robes) and dynamic hair. I've been dying for a good RPG with some nice dresses and hairstyles.

• Like 1

F'sarn natha tithaur wun l'su'aco.

-= Shir'le E. Illios =-

Chosen of Eilistraee

Dynamic Cloth - We are doing further research into character dynamism, and are creating capes for our characters to equip.

Oh please tell me you're also looking at dynamic cloth dresses (and robes) and dynamic hair. I've been dying for a good RPG with some nice dresses and hairstyles.

Don't forget dynamic lightning whips, u_u... :)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I have a questions about items. 

g9wBhpn.jpg

This is a great example of tone / atmosphere that BG1/2 brought with them. I really hope the item stories and the sketches (if I had to pick one, it would be sketches) make it into PE.

Skuldr

I have a few questions about this monster. Skuldr has some sort of echolocation, which in fact detects "prana" (life force) of living beings. In my opinion this defines Skuldr as a predator and hunter. I.e. the beast by definition hunts on all living beings (otherwise why should he "see souls"?). And here I have a question - why he is so red and visible? I suggested that this is due to his living environment in a poorly lit location, rich on red and brown colores. It would be strange for a predator to not use a camouflage for its environment.

Your projecting your own ideas onto the game. The devs haven't said anything about "prana", skuldr detects souls. And "by definition"? That's pure conjecture.

For all we know, skuldr could use its ability 1) to detect weak, sick and dying (or even recently passed away) souls that indicate an easy prey, and 2) to avoid dangerous creatures from afar without necessarily having to depend on camouflage or fighting.

• Like 2

The concept art looks beautiful so far, and the skuldr look appropriately menacing. I can't wait to see more. =)

I'm also glad to see that the ranger is coming along. It's one of my favorite classes. ^^

Um, I feel foolish asking since I'm not as familiar with animal companions from IE games (and I'm still embarrassed about my lore assumption last update), but I remember NWN2 animal companions and wanted to make a request. BioWare's NWN1 rangers could interact with their animal companions (like pet, feed, play with, scold them, etc), while Obsidian's NWN2 did not give the option. I was wondering if it would be possible for rangers (and/or druids?) to interact with animal companions in P:E? Even just basic interactions like feeding, petting, playing, scolding, etc. would increase roleplay value and help players feel more emotionally connected to their animal companions. If not, I understand, but I thought it was worth asking.

I also wonder about combat mechanics. Specifically, will they all mainly function as secondary fighters with different stats; some strong like bears and boars, others frailer like badgers and spiders? Or will their combat efficiency be more even? Will some or all of them have special abilities like the NWN2 badger that could berserk, spider with the poison bite, wolf that could knock down, etc? I'm very curious, though if you don't wish to answer, I don't wish to pry. 

• Like 1

"Not I, though. Not I," said the hanging dwarf.

Oh, another request regarding the bestiary. I'm pretty burnt out on vampires, zombies, and excessive gore in games. If your gonna have those things, I hope you all go a completely different direction with them, and maybe even use sound to substitute the gruesomeness. Maybe consider a pacifist play style for creature encounters and have several ways to gain xp.  

The concept art looks beautiful so far, and the skuldr look appropriately menacing. I can't wait to see more. =)

I'm also glad to see that the ranger is coming along. It's one of my favorite classes. ^^

Um, I feel foolish asking since I'm not as familiar with animal companions from IE games (and I'm still embarrassed about my lore assumption last update), but I remember NWN2 animal companions and wanted to make a request. BioWare's NWN1 rangers could interact with their animal companions (like pet, feed, play with, scold them, etc), while Obsidian's NWN2 did not give the option. I was wondering if it would be possible for rangers (and/or druids?) to interact with animal companions in P:E? Even just basic interactions like feeding, petting, playing, scolding, etc. would increase roleplay value and help players feel more emotionally connected to their animal companions. If not, I understand, but I thought it was worth asking.

I also wonder about combat mechanics. Specifically, will they all mainly function as secondary fighters with different stats; some strong like bears and boars, others frailer like badgers and spiders? Or will their combat efficiency be more even? Will some or all of them have special abilities like the NWN2 badger that could berserk, spider with the poison bite, wolf that could knock down, etc? I'm very curious, though if you don't wish to answer, I don't wish to pry.

Well, it doesn't directly answer any of your questions, but there's this:

Kinda curious about the ranger animal companion now. I never really liked the impersonal "here, have a wolf that you can summon in or not whatever" style of animal/druid companion. I'd love to see something that actually hangs around and that you can interact with rather than just being one more summon spell.

Conceptually, the ranger's animal companion is more-or-less a lifelong partner in that violent death of one causes the death of the other (they share Stamina and Health pools).  Mechanically, they are much more integral to how the ranger class works than they are in A/D&D.

Now, like I said, that doesn't really address what you asked, but you can infer from that that any potential animal companion will have more to it than those in D&D-based RPGs in terms of out-of-combat interaction. At least, that's what I think/hope.

• Like 1
jcod0.png

We're implementing the quest system right now.  We're going to use a visual flowchart for our quest implementation which should help with seeing the potential complications of branching or skipping objectives.

Now I think I hit the brick wall of my ignorance about game development.  For I thought you had already "imported" the asset from Onyx to Unity and whether it is called "quest system" or "dialogue system," it sounded like a result of a labor of work having been piled through various games (whether they are canned or not).  I don't know much of the system but it seemed to be the vital part of C&C.

In any case, thank you for the update.

Edited by Wombat