I've started my annual Farscape marathon.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I remember hearing that it's getting a 5th season is the really big deal for syndication. Getting to that 100th episode is a really big thing...

Agents of Shield kind of reminds me of The Man From Uncle in a way. It has that vibe of cheesy fun in general, but everyone on screen acting as if it's deadly serious even if they know its total pulp silly. If they can settle the characters down over the next few episodes and maybe start revealing some of those hidden hooks rather then keep laying out little bits of mystery, I can see them getting another season fairly easily.

Hm, I've realised I've got the whole first season of Revolution stashed away to watch but haven't done that yet. Might make some time to make a start on that over the weekend and see how that shaped up.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I finally watched the first 2 episodes of Agents of SHIELD and I really don't see it lasting even if they can pull out a cameo every week

I watched the first episode and the best word to describe it is "meh"

The reality for me is there are just far too many excellent series on like Sons of Anarchy, The Newsroom, Boardwalk Empire and True Blood to spend time watching something that is mediocre

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Don't know why this got stuck in my head:

"You ever dance with John Major, in the pale moonlight?"

article-2084176-000008A61000044C-381_634

Edited by Walsingham
  • Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Have been watching Strike Back over the last week or so and halfway through Season 3 at the moment. Awesome show.

Interestingly, this series started at Season 2 in the U.S. and is referred to as Season 1 in America. Mainly because Cinemax didn't have the rights to the original Season 1 at the time. And Season 1 will be titled Strike Back: Origins when it eventually airs in the U.S.

I'd suggest starting at the original Season 1 (as per imdb) because the start of Season 2 has a huge spoiler for the main character from Season 1.

Have been watching Strike Back over the last week or so and halfway through Season 3 at the moment. Awesome show.

Interestingly, this series started at Season 2 in the U.S. and is referred to as Season 1 in America. Mainly because Cinemax didn't have the rights to the original Season 1 at the time. And Season 1 will be titled Strike Back: Origins when it eventually airs in the U.S.

I'd suggest starting at the original Season 1 (as per imdb) because the start of Season 2 has a huge spoiler for the main character from Season 1.

Season 1 is available in the US on Blue-Ray.  It's called Chris Ryan's Strike Back.  The current pricing is ridiculous (48$ on Amazon).  Although the discs are supposed to be all region compatable, they are 1080i/50 which won't play on all players.   

I've started my annual Keeping Up Appearances marathon.

I liked Daisy.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Sleepy Hollow - more backstory, a bigger part of the "founding father conspiracy" angle is shown, and a lot of backstory development of Lieutenant Mills and her sister (I'm surprised how much of a backseat Crane took).

I enjoyed it.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Trying to get an overview of Boostrap, but my internet connection keeps dying. Which is somewhat annoying.

Also, might have to bathe the cat. Considering alternate solutions before I have to go to that extreme. Damn long haired Persians and the messes they can get into.

Yet again, I would urge the honourable member to sell said feline to passing gypsies. You've quite enough things to do being a carer, without looking after bloody cats.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Also, might have to bathe the cat. Considering alternate solutions before I have to go to that extreme. Damn long haired Persians and the messes they can get into.

Persian, you say? There's always this option:

lioncut.jpg

(edit)...wait a sec, I thought this was the what you did today thread... :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Agents of Shield. The Gravitron thing was funny, and they episode was good.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I dropped my ice cream spoon after Skye ran across the lawn in a red, wet dress. zomfg

So who is the new villian? A gravity-based bad guy bent on getting revenge on Coulsen, looks like. And Coulsen is definitely not himself. He is dead, and there's a robot, or hologram, or something in his place. 

Edit: er, I see my Marvel knowledge is a failing grade

Edited by ManifestedISO

All Stop. On Screen.

I dropped my ice cream spoon after Skye ran across the lawn in a red, wet dress. zomfg

dean%20approves.png

And Coulsen is definitely not himself. He is dead, and there's a robot, or hologram, or something in his place. 

My guess is a clone

Free games updated 3/4/21

Season 1 is available in the US on Blue-Ray.  It's called Chris Ryan's Strike Back.  The current pricing is ridiculous (48$ on Amazon).  Although the discs are supposed to be all region compatable, they are 1080i/50 which won't play on all players.   

Interesting. Because according to this article, Cinemax is to air original UK 'Strike Back' season as 'Strike Back: Origins'. So the first season is on DVD under Chris Ryan's Strike Back but will be called Stike Back: Origins on TV in the U.S. :lol:

But yeah. For anyone who is interested in watching this awesome show, watch the UK 1st season first. Not the American 1st season which is really the second season.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

Interesting. Because according to this article, Cinemax is to air original UK 'Strike Back' season as 'Strike Back: Origins'. So the first season is on DVD under Chris Ryan's Strike Back but will be called Stike Back: Origins on TV in the U.S. :lol:

But yeah. For anyone who is interested in watching this awesome show, watch the UK 1st season first. Not the American 1st season which is really the second season.

Of which note for the ladies, Prince Broody McBroodypants from the Hobbit is in Strike Back. Which is apparently one of the reasons that series has a high percentage of female viewers over here in the UK. Ever since Richard Armitage did that North & South he seems to have become the serious heart throb of most of the women I know.