Torment: Tides of Numenera

Gorth

Their new set of stretch goals is so ambitious it's almost funny.  

Also, I'm interested in how their number of legacies is justified. I mean, suppose the original 6 are one dominant color each + no affiliation. What is 16 then if there are 9 possible pairs for 5 colors + individual ones + no affiliation? Also, if what I write now makes no sense, then my excuse is me being sleepy.

Edit: I mean 10 pairs. Okay, it makes sense. Woo.

Edited by lordgizka

The Torment guys surely don't mess around.

It should be noted that under no circumstance did any Obsidian Forum member see this video yesterday.  Any rumor to the contrary should immediately be dismissed.

;)

As far as the new stretch goals go, and here they are for easy reference:

CKKsFEu.jpg

I still think they'll hit 4 million.  Anything above that is...  well, a stretch.  I hope I'm proven wrong, though.

:biggrin:

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Yeah saw the above posts.

I'd say the number of stretch goals is fair enough. Ambitious sure, but no one will ever say they weren't prepared for their kickstarter, that's fore sure LOL.

Edited by Sensuki

The animation on what one assumes is the cold, calculating Jack looks very lifelike, quite impressed with that little tech demo. Is that just smoke or some kind of shadow swooping in at the bottom of the screen towards the end.

Edited by Nonek

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

The animation on what one assumes is the cold, calculating Jack looks very lifelike, quite impressed with that little tech demo.

Yeah, for a hastily thrown together, rough proof of concept it's mighty impressive.  Also, once they update their PayPal page I'm going to throw a $12 Digital Numenera Torment Sourcebook onto my $75 Digital Numenera Seeker tier.  You got me again, Brian Fargo.  Well played, sir.  Well played indeed.

:p

Edit:

Is that just smoke or some kind of shadow swooping in at the bottom of the screen towards the end.

I'm pretty sure it's some sort of beastie.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

The animation on what one assumes is the cold, calculating Jack looks very lifelike, quite impressed with that little tech demo.

Yeah, for a hastily thrown together, rough proof of concept it's mighty impressive.  Also, once they update their PayPal page I'm going to throw a $12 Digital Numenera Torment Sourcebook onto my $75 Digital Numenera Seeker tier.  You got me again, Brian Fargo.  Well played, sir.  Well played indeed.

:p

I'm thinking this is because of the Obsidian collabaration already, considering how far this video look.

Edited by C2B
  • Like 1

I think you're both partially right.  inXile now has a good bit of experience working with Unity because of said Wasteland 2 and Obsidian has already been working with 2D backgrounds with 3D characters within Unity on Project: Eternity.

Either way, if collaboration between the two companies can help them produce things quicker an more efficiently, in Project: Eternity, Torment: Tides of Numenera, and possibly future projects, then it's a beautiful thing.

Anyway, the final push is pretty much beginning now.  Hopefully the last 2 days are nearly as crazy as the first 2 days were.

:wowey:

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 3

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

that screenshot was very impressive, really reminded me of the original torment.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

3.4 million and counting!  With the PayPal pledges (presumably in the 70k-ish range) we're rapidly approaching Chris Avellone territory.  It looks like today will break 100k (Kicktraq currently shows 95k) for the first time since day 4, which bodes well for the inevitable final 2 days of madness.

house-party-dance_o_GIFSoup.com.gif

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

So do you think it's on track to beat Project Eternity all-in-all, Paypal included? Not knocking on either (I contributed to both, but truth told, my heart goes more with Torment), but I honestly thought Kickstarter fatigue would kick in when this was announced, but I'm glad I was proven wrong.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

So do you think it's on track to beat Project Eternity all-in-all, Paypal included? Not knocking on either (I contributed to both, but truth told, my heart goes more with Torment), but I honestly thought Kickstarter fatigue would kick in when this was announced, but I'm glad I was proven wrong.

I'm confident it will break 4 million (Kickstarter only) and I think the PayPal numbers will wind up being fairly similar to what P:E did.  In short, yes.  My guess at the final figure, Kickstarter & PayPal (at the time of the Kickstarter ending, as some tiers will continue to be available via slacker backer-esque system) is 4.3 million-ish.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

im sticking with my 3.6 prediction

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Pessimists! It's virtually at $3.5m now with paypal included, and will be well past it when I wake up tomorrow. For a final total as low as $3.6m, it would have to earn less in the last 64 hours combined than it did today, which seems rather implausible.

Seeing as PE added 862K in the last 2 days( around 25% increase ) and with Torment having more support than PE I say 4.5M is a realistic goal

Also we need to take into account the fact that Fargo and another guy pledged 100K each

Legionnaire of the Obsidian Order

Also we need to take into account the fact that Fargo and another guy pledged 100K each

Fargo and Dengler's contributions aren't counted for stretch goals tho', they're mostly there to offset the pledges that are lost for credit card problems etc., when you raise this kind of sums they can be significant.

It's also impossible to say what every other development studio would have contributed personally.

I mean, if Torment is almost done and needs an extra $10k, what are the odds that Fargo doesn't pony it up?

Update 14

Colin reacts to reaching MCA stretch goal:

Tony Evans talks combat:

Sagus Cliffs:

Clicky for giant (otherwise page stretching) picture.

2 days left.

/gets out and starts beating drum

On a side note, the Hello Kitty steering wheel cover is badass.  :brows:

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸