Torment: Tides of Numenera

Gorth

Its a goddamned golden age of RPGs thanks to kickstartet.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I think one thing PE had for it was way better reward tiers, and a better tier system. I haven't really been tempted to up my tier because of the almost random allotment of stuff to the tiers. Like how one tier will have the soundtrack, but the next one up doesn't, but the one above it does, but doesn't have all the novellas that the one before had, etc. The physical tiers are pretty much not worth it at all for international backers, and the digital tiers are just a mess.

Example: I pledged for PE at the 140$ level, and I get nearly twice as much stuff as you get at the 250$ level for Torment.

Yeah.

I have been staring at the tiers and the only ones I could be interested in are the $25 and $80 as I didn't back wasteland 2.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

I found the tiers to be overwhelming.  Especially with the "top up" types of things you can also do.

Fortunately my contribution is decidedly baseline to begin with so it wasn't really that applicable to me.

• Like 1

I usually filter out any physical tiers, since I'd prefer my money go into development rather than giving me feelies that'll probably end up in a closet. Went the $80-way for WL2 on top of Torment.

KS is at $3.725 million, Paypal is at $89k. Toss in the $200k from the pledge-matching, and they've technically passed $4 million now. And they still have a day left.

For all the the talk of how inadequate the tiers are, it's done over 167k today with several hours to go.  Just sayin'.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Under 24 hours now with inXile posting their latest update.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/torment-tides-of-numenera/posts

MM's short fragment of music was lovely and the idea of more of his score if we reach $4M has spurred me to up my pledge.

I also like the fact that Obsidian has chipped in (presumedly a very decent pledge). 

It has been great to see the two companies working together so well on their KS projects and actively supporting each of their campaigns.

+1 to both inXile and Obsidian!

Edited by Theobeau
  • Like 1

- Project Eternity, Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera; quality cRPGs are back !

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100      3fe8e989e58997f400df78f317b41b50.jpg                            

Under 24 hours now with inXile posting their latest update.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/torment-tides-of-numenera/posts

MM's short fragment of music was lovely and the idea of more of his score if we reach $4M has spurred me to up my pledge.

I also like the fact that Obsidian has chipped in (presumedly a very decent pledge). 

It has been great to see the two companies working together so well on their KS projects and actively supporting each of their campaigns.

+1 to both inXile and Obsidian!

Yeah, I'm all for this beating P:E's record (which it surely will).  Then, in turn, P:E 2 can beat T:ToN's record, and push the bar further.

As an aside, thank you Colin.  Thank you, thank you, thank you for aiming at making a complete pacifist playthrough possible (that's my goal for my first character).

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

For all the the talk of how inadequate the tiers are, it's done over 167k today with several hours to go.  Just sayin'.

Eh, is that because of the tiers, or is it a fairly standard late rush?

I'm just saying I found the tiers and monetization aspects to be confusing compared to other KS, though ultimately not applicable to me since I just went for the "really early preorder" variety.

Eh, is that because of the tiers, or is it a fairly standard late rush?

I'm just saying I found the tiers and monetization aspects to be confusing compared to other KS, though ultimately not applicable to me since I just went for the "really early preorder" variety.

I'm not saying the criticisms of tiers are necessarily wrong.  I'm just saying that the campaign is doing quite well, either because of the tiers, or despite them.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The rate of pledges coming in has started to spike and the closing celebration broadcast hasn't even started yet.  It will break 4 million easily, Kickstarter alone.  I wonder if it can reach 4.25 million with PayPal?

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I finally logged into my account a few minutes ago to back this up and there was suddenly one of the 20$ early bird digital versions available! Guess it's my lucky day. 

I haven't backed many projects on kickstarter but Wasteland 2, Project Eternity and Torment were simply no-brainers.

Edited by Astiaks

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

Hm, soon PE's kickstarter record will be broken by Torment. Makes my kind of happy and sad at the same time. Happy because I want Torment to be the best possible game, and sad because I always thought of PS:T (spritual successor ->Torment) being BG's (spiritual successor -> PE) little brother......

:huh:

Edited by LordCrash
35167v4.jpg

Hm, soon PE's kickstarter record will be broken by Torment. Makes my kind of happy and sad at the same time. Happy because I want Torment to be the best possible game, and sad because I always thought of PS:T (spritual successor ->Torment) being BG's (spiritual successor -> PE) little brother......

We'll just have to make sure that Project: Eternity 2 (assuming it goes the crowdfunding route) breaks Torment: Tides of Numenera's record.

;)

And the record has been broken.

/pops open beer

8)

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Just backed it at the $65 level--I'm old school and I want physical media.

• Like 2

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

We'll just have to make sure that Project: Eternity 2 (assuming it goes the crowdfunding route) breaks Torment: Tides of Numenera's record.

;)

And the record has been broken.

/pops open beer

8)

Well, Feargus has been pretty open on not wanting to use Kickstarter again if it can be avoided, so if all goes well we won't be having another Obsidian Kickstarter.

I see they're still suckering people in with what amounts to false advertising.

I'm not throwing in a dime until a playable demo or some-such proves these people didn't come back from trash heap of video game history to cash in on every remaining piece of nostalgia.

Btw I'm the last person on this forum to defend Bioware but the "let's slam the competition (without a single game to our name)" type advertising to draw in the malcontents is cheap cheap cheap. 

When your two greatest selling points are:

1. We're making a game that's going to be like another game with which it has exactly one english noun in common

2. We're making a game that's not going to be like their games

...something starts to stink like Volo's attitude.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

To make one thing clear: I don't hate the idea of another game like Torment.

What I absolutely despise is the approach they're taking.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.