Pictures of your games part 2

Rosbjerg

Oh...heh. I have my browser less than half desktop size and don't tend to click images to enlarge them. :p

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

yup, Firefall. it's also free to play and has pets *winks at LadyCrimson*

I'll make a bunch of screenshots of my pets for you :D

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I've resumed tweaking Morrowind's meshes and textures for my own amusement.

Ald'Ruhn got it's wall rebuilt.

sydc.jpg

Stars over Pelagiad.

j0cl.jpg

Found a nice metal texture for the Velothi domes.

gx93.jpg

Edited by WDeranged

my pets

this is Merch (you may know him from Penny Arcade)

2i93.png

he looks awfully cute, but if you don't buy anything in the in-game cash shop he turns into a monster

1wh.png

here's T.E.X.

z31.png

the developers seem to have a thing for cowboy hats, you can buy one with real money AND you can get one as reward for an achievement 

oh, and here's one of my "mounts"
poxa.png

this one's exclusive to characters that have Founder status (need to buy a certain Founder's Pack)

next time I'll show you my glider winds and my other bike ;)

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

So if you don't spend any real cash, the pets reflect that? Hahah.....funny.

How's the expense of cash items and (as always) how's the solo playability? I like their claim of less linearity, the guns/shooter aspect (vs elf fantasy) and that bike mount is pretty awesome.

Edit: I see currency is "Red Beans." Founder's pack gives you 960 "Red Beans" ... do those beans go very far or is it more like NWO.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

the Red Bean store is currently in test mode, so it doesn't have a lot of items, and the pricing is set in a way to gauge people's spending habits. most cosmetic items go for 5-20 RB. there are a few luxury items that cost 200 RB. then there's the possibility of finishing any item that is being crafted, the cost depends on crafting time (1 hour = 1 bean). I expect more stuff to become available once the game's beta is over.

by the way, the Founder's Pack will be available only until next week, once the open beta rolls out people won't be able to buy them anymore. just in case you were thinking of buying one ;)

solo playability is high I would say. you can do a lot solo, especially if you're good at dodging enemy bullets/shooting enemies before they shoot you. there are currently only a few dynamic events you can do:

- Thumping: you look for a resource vein (minerals or gas) and call down a big drilling machine to dig it up. while it's digging, creatures are attracted by its sound and come attacking it, you have to defend it. there are thumpers made specifically for solo play (stock, tiers I to III) that have increasingly harder waves of mobs. this is the fastest way of accumulating resources that you can either sell or use in crafting;

- ARES missions: these are somewhat like quests in traditional MMORPGs, only you don't have to look for a quest giver. you have two handlers that send you missions over the radio when you're close to the location. once there, you get to complete the challenge (they usually take 5-10 minutes to complete) and instantly get your reward wired to your account.

- Chosen Warfront: this is a feature that's still in development. the idea is that there's a hostile NPC faction that also mines resources and wants to take over the territory controlled by the players. right now the enemy just sends out patrols to occupy Comm Towers, Watch Towers and player controlled towns. you usually stumble upon them while traveling from one town to another. but if they take over one such area, you lose its benefits (resource gathering bonuses, XP bonuses, satellite resource scans etc.)

- Melding Pockets: these have just been added to the game, you have to craft a key for each of these, they have better resources, but are smaller and require some work to be fully accessible

and then there's the first instance, that's part of the story mode.

I'm not sure if that's enough content to keep a regular player in game for long. it can become boring pretty fast I reckon. but it does look promising, although new content is added at a rather slow pace

Walsingham said:

Hm. Thanks. It seems intriguing, but not sure about the long-term aspect. Might just wait for open beta...I'll have to think about it for a few days. :)

check yor PMs, I've sent you a closed beta key for Firefall. I figure it'll be easier to think when you can actually check the game out yourself ;)

firefallthegame.com

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

c353.png

Walsingham said:

You guys play some weird games.

c353.png

You said it brother.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

What's weird about that cycle? I think it's cool. :p

The starter beach area, where I've been trying to get crystals and thumper mining, since I have no clue what else to do, yet. If I go too far away from there, I tend to get smooshed...at least as the Recon.

firefall-beta-0004.jpg

oh, somebody didn't follow the tutorial, I see  :p you can unlock abilities in the Battleframe Garage, you can have a maximum of 4 different abilities, and some of them are very powerful.

also, I'd suggest trying Engineer and eventually unlocking Bastion. he's ideal for solo play. he can have up to 8 deployable turrets and he has various means of repairing them, making him a small one-man army

the quest you have activated rewards a rechargable glider pad that makes traveling a lot easier. you have to activate all 12 SIN towers for it

and I must say, the game looks beautiful on your screenshot 

Walsingham said:

I did do the tutorial ... in the dreadnaught suit. Taught me the thumper, made a pair of flying boots, I think (I found it confusing to know which pair of boots in the list was the better boots....), among other things. 24k xp on that suit, with no real clue how to advance the abilities beyond figuring I have to click those "1500xp, 2000xp, etc" bars to somehow spend or make stuff, so I left it alone for now.

I switched to the Recon suit after the tutorial, so it has .. um ... 700xp on it. :p

And yeah, the Engineer makes me think of BL2's commando, only pumped up, but meh...I kinda like being more active than tossing out/keeping track of turrets.

Dreadnaught would be better for that than Recon, methinks. has a lot more HP, ammo and abilities that increase survivability. 

the tutorial tells you how to unlock abilities, you get ability modules for unlocking each slot, that you can equip immediately. so I figured since you didn't have any abilities slotted on that Recon you must've missed that part of the tutorial  :disguise:

it's true that it's hard to tell which piece of equipment is better, because there's so much you have to consider. for now just equip your stock gear. it's more than enough to do stuff designed for solo play, and once you get acquainted with crafting more you can start making your own stuff. mobs also drop equipment. 

if you get tired of thumping (and you will, it gets olde very fast), try doing ARES missions (the ones that are level 1 and don't require a group, you can check that on the world map). also, if you see a melding Tornado don't miss your chance and help take it down, it rewards resources and merit points (these you can convert into vouchers - local NPC money). there are also dynamic events like Crashed LGVs, Crashed THumpers etc. they also reward you with useful stuff (1-time use bikes, crafting materials required to build better thumpers etc.)

oh, and just so you know. if you don't want to buy the Commander's Founder Pack, but do want your own motorbike: that red bike can be bought directly from a vendor with Crystite (you have to convert it to Beta-crystite first), you need 75000. but the problem is, this vendor will be removed from the game come July 9th. after that your only option for a permanent mount will be to craft one (and it will cost a lot more). 

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

Dreadnaught would be better for that than Recon, methinks. has a lot more HP, ammo and abilities that increase survivability.

The only problem with the Dread is I can't stand his main weapon. That delay is far too long (the assault gun is fine tho). I love the way the Recon "feels" but yeah, so fragile. We'll see. I'd like a cycle but not sure I want to spend money on the game...I spent enough on that other one already. Tho at least this one is cheaper for the Founder's. :p I'll play it more today, try to get a better idea. Plus since it's the weekend I can get hubs to try it, perhaps.

well don't buy the founder's pack, just thump 150000 minerals and convert them into crystite ;) 

Walsingham said:

I am so lost in this game, it's like everything's in a foreign language and I'm supposed to know it already. Do I need this? Do I already have that? Am I wasting XP points? What is that/why do I need it? I'm supposed to go where? Eh? What? Who? lol

firefall-beta-0007.jpg

firefall-beta-0008.jpg

Also ... why am I/others dancing when I just want to build stuff? Because I got some achievement unlock at the building station? :p

"Storm at the Fulda Gap, 1989"

9217077555_23ab8571ed_o.jpg

A Category A Guards Tank Battalion is on its way to this position. A defense in depth is not an option. The only thing standing between the Reds and the crucial airfield to the south are an American tank company (Team Charlie) of a dozen and a half Abrams with an accompanying Mechanised Infantry company. All is not lost, however. A FIST-V artillery spotting team is on standby with six tubes of mortars, and if we can hold out for an hour, the Apaches in the airfield to the south will be refitted and be ready to help stem the tide.

9219850524_a6f7d79723_o.jpg

My office. The TC's (Tank Commander's) station. The gunner sits below and in front of me, the loader on the left side of the breech of the 120mm M256 to my left. The driver sits in a separate compartment at the front of the tank.

9217080497_f688c192e5_o.jpg

9219847816_0a03e9971d_o.jpg

My platoon, "Smash" Troop, assumes a BP (Battle Position) in a hull-dowd position overlooking a road from the right, the only one leading to the airfield, the Reds' objective. 

9217079673_b17622a059_o.jpg

"Crush" Troop hulls-downs on a similar hill overlooking the same road from the left. Together we form a formidable defense with overlapping fields of fire. Another platoon, "Heavy" Troop is held in reserve. In case one side is running low on ammunition and needs to conduct a reload drill, "Heavy" will take up its position, keeping the defense together. As ammunition is indeed at a premium, we're only allowed to fire only when we're absolutely sure we can hit our targets, about 2000m or so. While the thermal imaging sights of our Abrams gives us a decisive "first shot" advantage, and the 120mm M256 firing the M-829A1 "Silver Bullet" DU long rod penetrator makes short work of T-72s. T-62s, and T-55s at virtually any range, of late the Reds have been deploying the T-80U with a new generation of explosive reactive armour in their Category A units. Hitting it from more than 2000m and even the Silver Bullet will struggle to penetrate it frontally.

9219852108_b2b9a5571c_o.jpg

The Bradleys take up position in some woods nearby to our rear. Dismounts pile out from the back of the IFVs, ready to keep the hikers at bay. The Bradley readies its TOW missile launcher, the world's most ubiquitous, and feared, wire guided anti-tank missile launcher. The Bradleys have paper thin armour compared to the Abrams, but its crews take comfort in the fact that they have longer reach to keep them out of harms way; the new Improved TOW is powerful enough to give all but the heaviest Soviet tanks grief.

“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling