Movies You've Seen Recently

LadyCrimson

It's a Die Hard movie without a clear and engaging villian to have fun dialogue with.

If Willis and the Villain can't be snarky at each other, or steal scenes with one liners.. It just won't work properly.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Indie Game: The Movie.. Documentary following the development and launch of games like Braid, Meatboy and Fez.. Really great actually. Suspenseful, heartfelt, funny and sad.. yeah.

See it.

Fortune favors the bald.

100 Million B.C. - one of those cheapie knock-off movies from The Aslyum studio. I don't typically watch such fare but it had Michael Gross (Family Ties dad, Tremors) in it and I was hoping he'd give some amusement. Alas, his role was more "serious," so I was left having to giggle at the poor acting, hilariously bad CGI effects, and suddenly realizing that one of the long-haired fellows was Christopher Atkins of Blue Lagoon fame. Bwahaha.......

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Warm Bodies - heh, I liked it. Didn't love it, but it was cute, with some dry humor bits, especially between "R" and "M". The romance aspect wasn't overdone too much so I found it tolerable. There were a few slow spots and the ending was a little weak but oh well.

Now going to vegetate on "A Cabin in the Woods" - The manly Thor in a suspense/horror movie? Gotta see. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Not sure what I think about Krypton surviving

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

If you want the original... go watch/read it.

P.S. This has chance to be a fantastic Superman. Potentially better than the original movie.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The original movie had so many flaws its not hard to make a better one, the problem is Warners seems intent on just throwing some stuff together and hoping the name makes it money. Kevin Feige is right, Warners needs to just have faith in the characters and stop trying to mess with it to fit trends, and stay true to the characters. Green Lantern is a perfect example.

Luckily this one looks great. Grabbing Zack Snyder helps. I personally hope its true they are looking at him to helm Justice League.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Not sure if I'll see Superman in the theater. I'm definitely interested to see what they've done with this version, but not quite enough to pull me into the hassle of our local cinema...which isn't even all that great of a cinema these days. Especially regarding the sound. For a while they had the sound levels ok, but with Star Trek I had to lightly wad up some tissue and place it loosely in my ears to keep my eardrums from bleeding with every high screeching explosion.

Not sure what I think about Krypton surviving

At least they didn't turn Zod into an actor.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

As far as I'm concerned Surperman is lame, so if they changed if up a whole lot that's all potential gain.

Superman is a good example of taking things too far. He's like a munchkin wet dream. Except for being a retard. He's the kind of person who'd set fire to their own ass while frying bacon.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

They've toned him down a lot I think. He isn't silver age can fly in space without breathing, is faster than Flash, and is a genius level scientist all while surviving a nuke anymore.

Devastatorsig.jpg

As far as I'm concerned Surperman is lame, so if they changed if up a whole lot that's all potential gain.

Superman is a good example of taking things too far. He's like a munchkin wet dream. Except for being a retard. He's the kind of person who'd set fire to their own ass while frying bacon.

Wait - did you just call yourself superman? hahaha

Fortune favors the bald.

so, this Great Gatsby thing. never read the book, of course, but heard good things about the movie. then read a review, and the reviewer states that in the book it's implied that the main character is black, so knowing this gives a new dimension to a lot of scenes (the racist remarks made by other characters for example). and he says that if you're going to watch the movie just imagine that there's an african-american actor in DiCaprio's place, and the movie will make a lot more sense that way

how much truth is there to this?

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

so, this Great Gatsby thing. never read the book, of course, but heard good things about the movie. then read a review, and the reviewer states that in the book it's implied that the main character is black, so knowing this gives a new dimension to a lot of scenes (the racist remarks made by other characters for example). and he says that if you're going to watch the movie just imagine that there's an african-american actor in DiCaprio's place, and the movie will make a lot more sense that way

how much truth is there to this?

Well from my understanding, the author of the book actually based half the characters on people he knew. And especially around a girl he'd been in love with but couldn't do anything about because of the difference in social levels and money.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

"so, this Great Gatsby thing. never read the book, of course, but heard good things about the movie. then read a review, and the reviewer states that in the book it's implied that the main character is black, so knowing this gives a new dimension to a lot of scenes (the racist remarks made by other characters for example). and he says that if you're going to watch the movie just imagine that there's an african-american actor in DiCaprio's place, and the movie will make a lot more sense that way

how much truth is there to this?"

This is the first I've heard of this sort of thing. I doubt it's true. probably someone's wishful dream. That said, there was a a Gatsby film version with a mostly black cast called G. Haven't seen it though.

The racist remarks tend to come from the main antagonist and is mostly directed  in general not anyone specific.

P.S. Crying that Superman is 'overpowered' is extreme weaksauce and is simply a case of old fashion **** envy. Get over it.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The complaint that Superman is overpowered comes from when he was overpowered. When he is faster than the Flash, whats the point of the flash? If he has the intellect of tony stark and a great deal of Kryptonian science knowledge, why does he only punch stuff and build robot servants for the fortress of solitufe? When John Burne toned him down it made him much more interesting.

• Like 1

Devastatorsig.jpg

Well, I think The Authority make the case that if you are that powerful then why the gibbering clagnuts are you dicking around saving busloads of orphans? You should be out curing malaria and corruption. You red-arsed c***.

Aside: my language standards have been going downhill recently.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Well, I think The Authority make the case that if you are that powerful then why the gibbering clagnuts are you dicking around saving busloads of orphans? You should be out curing malaria and corruption. You red-arsed c***.

To be fair, the new "kewl" Superman ditched the red undies.

And like Oerwinde said, Superman has been depowered(although the reboot probably undid it) and isn't quite as smart or strong.

Doesn't matter though, Spider-Man is better.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

To be fair, the new "kewl" Superman ditched the red undies.

And like Oerwinde said, Superman has been depowered(although the reboot probably undid it) and isn't quite as smart or strong.

Doesn't matter though, Spider-Man is better.

I think it's only fair to state at this point that the only two comic book heroes I recognise are Judge Dredd and Jesse Custer. Everyone else might as well be saving lives using a note from their mum.

-Elwood Blues

I think it's only fair to state at this point that the only two comic book heroes I recognise are Judge Dredd and Jesse Custer. Everyone else might as well be saving lives using a note from their mum.

Careful Wals, we don't want to give them any ideas...

Is Dredd still in print?