What are you playing now?

Rosbjerg

Trying to herd a zerg PUG in PS2 is fun, we ended up futzing about for 45 minutes sniping and pussyfooting around an objective resulting in a counter attack and the other faction jumping in. Got stomped.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Jet Set Radio, this game is incredibly overrated, putting into doubt all the games Dreamcast owners said were amazing but I've never played. I much prefer the Pro Skater series in almost every way, but obviously the HD remake of those is terrible where this one seems to be entirely faithful according to Dreamcast owners. The control, the tricks, the levels, the goals, the music all much better in THPS games. I like the graphics, colourful and abstract, faux cell shaded. It's capped at 30fps, and if you come out of sleep on Windows 7 it's unplayable for some bizarre reason. You spend your time hunting for places to tag, then do these annoying quick time events. Obviously this serves nostalgia for the 90's and Dreamcast, but the game is really dated and the mechanics aren't fun.

The red dragon 3 way fight in NWN2 was pretty epic, in a good way. The other dragon fight in NWN2 not so much.

I bet Thax in BG2 with no cheese at all, far easier with a chapter 6 party. Jan got chunked after a 20 (!!!!1!) level drain breath attack- he had a negative plane protection but it must have got dispelled without me noticing so I did it again with no losses. Also whacked Firk and Kangaxx for good measure, the latter was long and boring and a bit cheesy since I did it with the main character only having got sick of having all my other guys being feebs. His imprisonment ability meant they hardly got to fire off any spells of consequence anyway before disappearing into the aether/ getting level drained; main guy wearing every status protection item under the sun + berserking, then it was pretty much just waiting for the demilich form to run out of protective spells. Haven't tried the Twisted Rune yet, not sure if I want to, while I've got used to most of the requirements for doing well with SCS that may just be a bit of overkill.

Ah yes, Kangaxx. Still on my to-do list in my current game. Got the staff from the Twisted Rune (is that the name?) and am about to go up against his cousin in Watchers Keep (4th level, working on getting access to Lum the Mad's machine). There is a Demi Lich and a Dragon in the Gith Yanki part of the dungeon. Not too worried about the dragon, having already taken care of the black (whose name I can't remember), Firkraag and the silver dragon (for a nice skin armour for Viconia). The latter is now 100 in Magic Resistance and has absurd saving throws.

I've been stacking up a bit on Spell Immunity spells/scrolls in preparation for the Demi Lich. Immunity Abjuration FTW :sorcerer:

Ring of the Ram is also priceless for that fight, ignoring magic resistance, giving you a good head start.

I'm pretty sure that the last time I played the game good old Vicky did Kangaxx pretty much by herself... Maybe with flail of ages, can't remember.

I suddenly have a list of games to play longer than my... it's very long.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Still playing Oblivion, it's weird coming back to Cyrodiil after three or four years but I'm appreciating things I'd grown to hate, the copypasta dungeons are actually very well designed (considering the limits of the tileset) and it's great to feel like I'm lost two miles underground again, I just wish Bethesda could have put more story into them.  

Playing a bit of King's Bounty: The Legend. and also finishing up Serious Sam 3: BFE (I'm pretty sure I'm at the final boss, the sucker's HUGE).  Good times.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Since I have just finished Planescape I having a short break from any immersive and deep RPG while I reflect on the wonderful experience that Planescape provided. So I am playing Left For Dead 2. Its mindless and simple zombie killing fun, The perfect game to play when you are stoned, you don't need to think at all and lets be honest .."who doesn't like killing Zombies "  :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

...and lets be honest .."who doesn't like killing Zombies "  :)

The ultra left wing zombie apologists?

:-

"ultra left wing zombie apologists" , good one. Thats the line of the day for me :grin:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

and also finishing up Serious Sam 3: BFE (I'm pretty sure I'm at the final boss, the sucker's HUGE).  Good times.

Just got around half-way.

Had to fight off 100+ baddies just to even get the boss of that level. It was pretty hard (than again, I play on hard difficulty.... seriously wonder how anyone can do this higher).

Funny how the 'lead up' killed me 2 dozen times, and when I finally got he boss only hit the dust once.

Those annoying walking bones. Always becoming the death of me...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

"ultra left wing zombie apologists" , good one. Thats the line of the day for me :grin:

Join the ZCP (Zombie Communist Party) :biggrin:

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I'm a little late, but I finally got around to playing the Super Mario games for the first time.

The "Wiimote" is awkward, but I can't blame the controls for my...complete lack of skill. I've never died so many times in one sitting!

I found Super Mario Bros and Super Mario Bros 2: The Lost Levels to be brutal, and I found Super Mario Bros 2: USA to be a chore. However, I thoroughly enjoyed Super Mario Bros 3, and I'd rate Super Mario World as my favourite so far.

Now, I'm off to play the revolutionary Super Mario 64...over fifteen years after its release.

• Like 1

Join the ZCP (Zombie Communist Party) :biggrin:

Its amazing what people think of :)

John Milton 

A friend was over and he wanted to play a "shooter", so we gave ME3 MP a chance.  Do a lot of people play this game?  It doesn't seem like it.

For one, it took us forever to find a game.  When I tried starting a match, we sat there for literally 5 minutes without a single person joining our lobby.  Then when we joined another game and were put in an already started one, a few times it was some dude going solo.

For another, my overall N7 ranking as well as my Challenge ranking is a lot higher than I thought it would be, given how little I play MP.  I'm ranked something like 4000 in Canada and 55000 in the world.  When I used to play CoD, even if I played regularly I'd be hardpressed to move up past 100000 in the world despite putting in much, much more hours than ME3.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Ghost Recon Online, it's a F2P multiplayer online FPS, and I've found it to be quite entertaining.

I'm pleased that none of the weapons (at least on the lower levels) are overpowered and you can't buy any extra power with real money over in game credits. There are some premium ammunition and one time use armor improvements available, but again both of those can be bought with in game credits too, so if you want a small edge (20% damage from ammo, 10% or so protection from armor) then you can do so, and I don't think it ruins the game at all.

Matchmaking seems to have some issues (either low player pool or just shoddy coding), it usually takes about 2 minutes for a match to fire up, which I think is way too long compared to some other F2P online team games, such as World of Tanks, where the queue time is calculated in seconds not minutes.

The game offers some customization options for your character, and that's only area where you can find products that are only available for real money and not in game credits, but there is large enough variety so the few pieces you can't buy with credits does not degrade the game.

If you're interested in FPS games and considering if you should or shouldn't try Ghost Recon, then I would like to point you to a YouTube video by TotalBiscuit and it will give you very good idea of what the game is about.

Hm, that doesn't look too bad. Heh, nice that they use the music from the first game on the match end screen.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Ghost Recon Online as you can see from the video, is not exactly a FPS, it's a 3rd person cover shooter where you can aim down sights. It looks really good, not going to install Uplay to play it though. I don't like unlocks and levelling in competitive multiplayer games. Hi-Rez failed to balance Tribes: Ascend and it took ages to get anything, plus things might start off OK, but then the publisher might decide they need more revenue and start introducing a ton of crap for no gameplay reason, making the game overly complex and even harder to balance. I don't want to grind or farm to eventually play the game for fun later on, but have to pay more than I would for a pay for game to avoid some of it. These games are ruined for me by being F2P, I end up paying more for an experience that's worse.

Finished Serious Sam 3: BFE.  The game was pretty much what I expected.  The question was: Will the Sam gameplay hold up in 2013?  The answer:  Yes, yes it did.  It's nothing special, but the mayhem of getting swarmed by 100 enemies amid explosions and projectiles while you backpedal and dodge and empty clip after clip is still quite fun.  Now I'm playing King's Bounty: The Legend while also re-downloading Sleeping Dogs on Steam (I'm a stickler about freeing up hard disk space) so I can play the Zodiac Tournament DLC.

Edited by Keyrock

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Funniest thing I've experienced in recent memory:  I was playing another round of ME3 MP today, joined a lobby with some dude who announces to the rest of us that he's "gonna switch to Silver challenge, so if anyone can't hang with the good players, leave now".  No one leaves and the game begins.  First wave we come across, he gets killed and needs to be revived.  Second wave, he gets killed and needs to be revived.  I think he got killed 8 out of the 10 waves, the only one in the entire lobby he managed that feat.

After the game finished, one of the other players in the lobby says, "you might want to stick with Bronze challenge".

• Like 3

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I'm playing Tax Return 2012. It gives you great feedback on your current estimated $ earnings, but the interface is terribad.

• Like 3

Funniest thing I've experienced in recent memory:  I was playing another round of ME3 MP today, joined a lobby with some dude who announces to the rest of us that he's "gonna switch to Silver challenge, so if anyone can't hang with the good players, leave now".  No one leaves and the game begins.  First wave we come across, he gets killed and needs to be revived.  Second wave, he gets killed and needs to be revived.  I think he got killed 8 out of the 10 waves, the only one in the entire lobby he managed that feat.

After the game finished, one of the other players in the lobby says, "you might want to stick with Bronze challenge".

:grin: Very few things make me laugh as much as seeing someone who is arrogant get knocked down a few notches in a game :)

"Pride comes before a fall"

• Like 1

John Milton 

:grin: Very few things make me laugh as much as seeing someone who is arrogant get knocked down a few notches in a game :)

It was rather amusing.  He'd stand in front of a brute and 2 ravagers, firing his pistol at them.  Then when he'd go down and none of us came running to save him, he'd start screaming into his mic, "nice teamwork, guys.  Thanks for just letting me die".

Dude, if anyone tried to revive him at that point, the entire team would be dead and mission would fail.  You deserve to be left to bleed out if you're dumb enough to get killed with an entire mob of enemies roasting marshmallows around your corpse.

• Like 1

Picked up Morrowind again for a bit, and explored a glass mine inside Ghostgate. I was all "Aww yeah, I'm rich now!" until I remembered that much of the spare equipment I was carrying around was almost 1000gold/lbs, while raw glass is 100g/lbs. Dropped it, glass at 50 Alchemy isn't good enough as a potion ingredient because there are no poisons in this game.

Also, took me a while to figure out where the inventory button was again. Tab? No. I? No. Enter? No.

Right mouse button.

*slap myself on the head*

Should have remembered it's on the second most accessible button in the entire keyboard + mouse set-up. I'm such a hoarder that I spend incredible amounts of time managin my inventory in any game where it's limited

.  Then when he'd go down and none of us came running to save him, he'd start screaming into his mic, "nice teamwork, guys.  Thanks for just letting me die".

I don't think I  could have contained my laughter if I had been playing when no one came to help him and he then subsequently complained :)

Those are they types of events that I really find funny. For me I would be laughing at the absurdity of the situation. Him boasting in the beginning and then getting "owned"

John Milton