Top Ten of 2012 thread

entrerix

The pure awesomeness of the title "Lollipop Chainsaw" demands I Google it and find out what it is.

Why do I have a feeling you'll find it offensive?

Why would you think that?

The English version has Michael Rosenbaum voicing once of the characters? Hahah, I'd love to hear that. Sadly, it's console only. ;( Thankfully there's YouTube. (just watched an Eng. voices trailer where Michael makes some hilarious comments...)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The pure awesomeness of the title "Lollipop Chainsaw" demands I Google it and find out what it is.

Why do I have a feeling you'll find it offensive?

Why would you think that?

The English version has Michael Rosenbaum voicing once of the characters? Hahah, I'd love to hear that. Sadly, it's console only. ;( Thankfully there's YouTube. (just watched an Eng. voices trailer where Michael makes some hilarious comments...)

I don't know, lol.

I lol'd to myself when I first saw the game myself. Suda 51 is a crazy mf'er.

I don't know, lol.

I lol'd to myself when I first saw the game myself. Suda 51 is a crazy mf'er.

Heheh, yea, seems like it. Not sure if I'd like the actual gameplay (zombie hack n slash) but after seeing some of the cutscenes, the over the top humor seems like my thing. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

How do you guys find time to play so many games?

2 hours a day, 5 days a week = 10 hours of gaming a week (not counting extra weekend time)

most games are 40 hours or less to play (with shooters and action games usually being only 10 hours, though some rpg's can go as high as 100+)

so i average about 15 games a year

Really? That's not that much time at all is it? Pretty reasonable actually. Especially considering how much time some kids spend playing games.

I don't know what you're implying there but my 50 hours of Civilization 5 in the past 2 weeks is a perfectly normal amount of playtime I tell you!

Oh lol! Then by the above estimation you should be well done with that game Bucko! :D

I don't know, it always seems like there's so much I have to do that getting time to play a game is kind of a luxury. My boyfriend has had 2 weeks off for the Christmas holidays and he's spent an incredible amount of hours playing Skyrim. Stays up til 2 am! That's wild.

Games I've played that were new in 2012:

1. The Secret World (actually pretty good but with limited replayability)

2. Towns (sandbox, what's not to like!)

3. Guild Wars 2 (for about 2 days, should have tried the beta instead dangit)

4. BG: EE (not sure if I love it or hate it, BG2 is so much more to my tastes)

5. Dishonored (for 15 minutes before motion sickness kicked in and I uninstalled it out of self-preservation)

Games I've played that weren't new in 2012:

BG2, NWN:sou (never got around to playing this one before, mediocre though not as bad as the OC), Civ 5, Fallout:NV (depressing as hell, stopped playing it), Colonization (the original, best strategy game ever!), Skyrim (love/hate relationship with this one; such a huge world to explore, so little of interest in it), Anno 2070, Tropico 4, Avadon: The Black Fortress.

Games that I'm really looking forward to in 2013:

War for the Overworld (

) - Can you say Dungeon Keeper 3?

Project Godus (

) - God game like the populous ones of old

Are there any RPGs coming out in 2013 at all?

That's a good question. Not to mention just what games are coming out in 2013 in general. War for the Overlord would be one I'm also looking foward to checking out, and Grim Dawn, but other than that...I don't think there's anything immediate for the upcoming year.

I try to hope that Star Trek 2013 might be an ok game, where hubby and I might be able to co-op, but I don't have much faith in that....

I really like Suda 51's games, but Lollipop Chainsaw has been the weakest so far in my opinion. Try Shadows of the Damned instead.

I want Last of Us and Red Dead Redemption ported to PC.. sigh..

And I want The Witcher 2, Stalker and The Secret World ported to the PS3 :( a bug free version of new vegas would also be neat...

Edited by Astiaks

There used to be a signature here, a really cool one...and now it's gone.  

The guys who pay for this forum might be a bit offended their game has slipped your mind. :biggrin:

I don't think they'll be shipping P:E in 2013, which as much as I'd want it right now, is actually a good thing.

Woops, forgot about the Southpark one. Okay, I may check that one out :p

Edited by Moirnelithe

The guys who pay for this forum might be a bit offended their game has slipped your mind. :biggrin:

I still have trouble thinking of South Park as an RPG. You guys will have to tell me how much that truly applies since I won't be buying it. I sincerely hope it does well, but I have zero interest in South Park/those characters. :(

Dead State, turn based RPG from the lead designer of the one best RPGs Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, involves ex-Obsidian employees.

The Age of Decadence, same engine as Dead State, turn based RPG set in a "post-apocalyptic world inspired by the fall of the Roman Empire".

Shadowrun Returns, 2D tile turn based RPG set in the cyber punk Shadowrun universe, being led by its creator Jordan Weisman.

Wasteland 2, squad based sequel to the game that inspired the creation of the greatest RPG ever made, with some of the original Wasteland team, and some of my favourite devs: Chris Avellone, Michael A. Stackpole, Brian Fargo, Jason Anderson, and Mark Morgan.

Grim Dawn, action RPG by former Titan Quest devs.

Path of Exile, action RPG very much in the style of Diablo 2, but with extensive skill trees and new mechanics.

Forced, cooperative action RPG on the PC/Mac/Linux/Ouya/PS3/Xbox360.

Legends Of Dawn, open world 3rd person action RPG.

Barkley 2, action RPG, I don't even... what is this?

Dark Souls 2, may function on PC!

South Park: The Stick Of Truth, which has already been mentioned.

KickStarter. RPGs! RPGs everywhere! Run for your lives!

Edited by AwesomeOcelot
  • Like 1

Wasteland 2, squad based sequel to the game that inspired the creation of the greatest RPG ever made, with some of the original Wasteland team, and some of my favourite devs: Chris Avellone, Michael A. Stackpole, Brian Fargo, Jason Anderson, and Mark Morgan.

Jason Anderson isn't working on Wasteland 2, he's at Turtle Rock (they're apparently working on a co-op action title, although now that THQ is being sold piece by piece I don't know what will happen to it). He *did* the story draft that they based their work on, though given that he isn't working there and we don't know if he's being consulted, it's difficult to tell whether his vision of Wasteland will match Fargo and the current crew's.

Dead State, turn based RPG from the lead designer of the one best RPGs Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, involves ex-Obsidian employees.

The Age of Decadence, same engine as Dead State, turn based RPG set in a "post-apocalyptic world inspired by the fall of the Roman Empire".

Shadowrun Returns, 2D tile turn based RPG set in the cyber punk Shadowrun universe, being led by its creator Jordan Weisman.

Grim Dawn, action RPG by former Titan Quest devs.

Path of Exile, action RPG very much in the style of Diablo 2, but with extensive skill trees and new mechanics.

Forced, cooperative action RPG on the PC/Mac/Linux/Ouya/PS3/Xbox360.

Legends Of Dawn, open world 3rd person action RPG.

Barkley 2, action RPG, I don't even... what is this?

Dark Souls 2, may function on PC!

South Park: The Stick Of Truth, which has already been mentioned.

KickStarter. RPGs! RPGs everywhere! Run for your lives!

Wow, I had no idea there were still this many RPGs in the works. Unfortunately I don't like zombies, post-apocalyptic or steam-punk settings or too much action in RPGs. Almost all of the games in the list seem to have that. If it has "fastpaced", "frenzied" or "awesome button" in the description they are usually horrible to play for me with a keyboard and mouse and I prefer a good story and character building over twitch combat with mindless enemies. That leaves...Legends of Dawn, Southpark and possibly Dark Souls 2 (if it's not too actiony). Huh. Thanks for the list though.

*slithers back under rock*

Watch Two Best Friends play Lollipop Chainsaw and you'll get all you need to know. I'd link it but I think I'd probably get banned because the game's content violates several of the ironic rules of the board.

Edited by AGX-17