RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS!

Gorth

I actually don't get upset if I just miss on a sale. Mostly because it's evident that I am perfectly okay with paying for the game at the higher price, lest I wouldn't have already done so. It's bad luck, but win some-lose some.

The only other way around it would be for Steam to be like "FYI everyone! We are having a sale in 6 hours!" But then, those that bought 6 hours before THAT announcement would have the same complaint. It becomes cyclical as a result. At no point can something ever go on sale without the potential of pissing someone off that bought it just a bit too early.

I'd consider yourself lucky because had it been up to me, I would most likely not grant you the sale price.

I'd consider yourself lucky because had it been up to me, I would most likely not grant you the sale price.

:o

The EA is strong in this one. :p

Emperor EA has too strong hold of the young padavan, we are witnessing the birth of the new Lord Helmet!

I'm more evil than EA. I would not have sales. Cobsumers are evil and don't deserve bonuses like that. I'd charge punks as much as I cna get away with as I know they'd try to rip me off if they could.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

No, more just "you have to draw the line somewhere." How close to a sale do you have to buy a game to be eligible for the sale price even though you are clearly okay not needing the sale?

I've personally been burned by buying a game myself that went on an even greater sale later (Splinter Cell: Conviction). But I realized that all it meant was that I was willing to buy the game at the earlier sale price, so it's more just bad luck than anything.

Alanchu is a good subject, long live!

slenderthearrival.jpg

Random video games news, that's a screen of the slender man sequel

Edited by LadyCrimson
removed an unneccesary illustration :P

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

that screen reminds me of STALKER for some reason (in a good way)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

http://www.cinelinx.com/game-editorials/item/3281-skyrim-one-year-on-why-fallout-new-vegas-is-better.html

Interesting read about why Fallout: New Vegas is a better game than Skyrim. It makes some good points?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Completely unnecessary.

Why would anyone need this? To play mobile phone games on a tv?

I agree completely

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Small, wireless, powered by the TV, that's a great combination, being able to just stick it in your pocket and carry it around is convenient. I played Plants vs Zombies and World of Goo on my PC even though they're mobile games, I'm sure there are some android games that would be fun to play on it. I'd love it if they could port Win/XLA/PSN games like Super Meat Boy, Closure, Braid, Sideway, Mutant Blobs Attack, Gish, or Cargo Commander. Fun games are fun games. $20 less than the OUYA? Not sure that's worth it.

This has been rumoured for a long time that Microsoft and Sony will clamp down on second hand games, they will be pushing their stores and online services more. I don't see anything in that article or diagram that suggests this is any difference to a pass phrase type system, it just uses a tag on the disc, therefore it can and will be cracked, but it will most likely be a similar case to the Xbox 360, cracked consoles can't go online.

So if my console breaks and I buy a new one, I need to buy all games again? I don't have internet on my console and I am not sure if I would ever have.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Nobody's ever going to implement it because that console would be DOA.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

So if my console breaks and I buy a new one, I need to buy all games again? I don't have internet on my console and I am not sure if I would ever have.

No, they're tying discs to online accounts. They could also tie consoles to online accounts, and discs to consoles, but no one thinks they're planning this.

But if you're not attaching your Xbox to the internets, then what?

Game companies would never ever force you the consumer to register their products online before you can play them, neither Sony or Microsoft have any form with that kind of thing at all say with PC games and music.

Edited by AwesomeOcelot

gaming is fun, so a lot of people will jump through hoops to keep doing it

still, if im buying a game that becomes locked to my account (like say, via steam), then you can bet that im going to wait until that game is no longer full price (edit, though i should preface that SOME rare games may still be worth full price to me, even if its heavily drm restricted, ie diablo 3)

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.