Anti-Dragon Age 2?

Cultist

"Stop being a troll and ****ing contribute. You can make all the opposing statements you want but you'll get nothing but swear words from me if you can't back them up in any substantial way."

When youa ctually contribute something substantial I will as well. nothing i've read of your long posts does anything 'but my opinion is the right one and anyone who has a different opinion is wrong and poppyhead.' Everyone else in this thread has noticed it.

One cana rgue my posts (or many people's posts) are like that too but, by god, I've never seen anyone write so many paragraphs to say so little.

Why not just post "DA2 sucks and if you like you suck too." That's what your posts essentially do. How in the bejeebers is that substantial? It's not. It's nonense.

In conclusion, DA2? BG1 + KOTOR. Prove me wrong. I dare you. btw, You can't.

"ut you have to admit, anyone with a developed taste of RPGs will not be satisfied with Dragon Age 2 - Dragon Age 2 does not have qualities RPG afficianados are looking for:

great story

great characters

tactical gameplay

variety of character development

exploration

drama

action

romance

philosophy

other-worldly-ness

consequences of player choice

dynamic living worlds

These things are all missing from DA2."

Why are you factually lying?

"I believe Obsdian just said "**** all these damn publishers, lets make the game we want to make"."

Not quite. They are still working with publishers.

Edited by Volourn
  • Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I TLDRd most of the last few pages, personally, when you're writing footlongs as every other post in a thread, it no longer matters what the **** you're saying, you should just go out and smell the fresh air.

I'll illustrate this with the appropriate xkcd and then go enjoy all the games I can with my unrefined tastes:

duty_calls.png

Edited by Nepenthe
  • Like 1

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

If you two like Dragon Age 2 so much, go play it again. I was foolish to respond to people coming to this thread to defend Dragon Age 2 - I mean this is a thread that was created for its revilement. You coming here and trying to argue otherwise just shows your trollish or stubborn nature, thinking that anyone who dislikes Dragon Age 2 is just a 'hater', 'nerd', 'somebody who doesn't read an intelligent webcomic like me' or something.

And if you're not going to respond to my posts, which I did spend time on, then why post at all? Just a waste of breath to post a stupid XKCD image and expect me to be swayed by your laziness.

Edited by anubite

I made a 2 hour rant video about dragon age 2. It's not the greatest... but if you want to watch it, here ya go:

Anubite, I think you are taking things a bit too seriously here. This was a good discussion on the criteria needed for a bad game, and I appreciate you going to great lengths to explain your perspective. Nepenthe was simply keeping things light, which is always a good thing. We are talking about video games here, it isn't really serious business. It's a fun hobby for us, as is discussing them online.

Also, Volo is Volo. As a new poster it is hard to understand, but he's kind of like the crotchety old man of the forums that yells at everyone to get off his lawn. You will get used to him, or just put him on ignore.

• Like 2

While I have fairly liberal views when it comes to homosexuality and have several gay friends, I still make it a personal mission to interrupt circle jerks whenever I see one. :p

My personal opinion is that the ludicrous amount of hate directed at Dragon Age 2 is the most abhorrent example of groupthink I have ever witnessed, as every person I've seen approach it without prejudice has found it at the very least tolerable.

The fact that most people pontificating about it's failures a) believe they are the center of the universe and thus b) have their opinions represent the universal truth just reinforces this line of thought.

Re: the game. I found it tolerable, even enjoyable in the sense that I play games to have a good time, not write essays on ze internet while frothing in the mouth, and it delivered on that front.

Bioware being persecuted in here ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Okay. Yep. I'm doing it. This thread has convinced me.

For the sake of humanity, I will play DA2 again.

I will do it with fraps this time.

And I'll make a horrifyingly long youtube series which 'pontificates' about every single solitary wrong thing with the game.

And I will make every one of you eat your words. I will make the case that DA2 is so bad, anyone who defends it should be locked away in a dungeon forever.

No need to thank me.

Edited by anubite
  • Like 2

I made a 2 hour rant video about dragon age 2. It's not the greatest... but if you want to watch it, here ya go:

I wouldn't bother Anubite, a few of us agree that Dragon Age 2 is a bad game (in our own opinion) so why bother either defending it or hating it. Move on forewarned and forearmed, while it's useful to pinpoint your own preferences so that you can avoid unwise future purchases, there's nothing you can do about past ones.

Then again Winter is Coming so a nice ball of hate boiling in the gut can keep one deliciously warm on those long nights.

Edited by Nonek
  • Like 1

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

"f you two like Dragon Age 2 so much, go play it again."

I'll play what i want.

"I was foolish to respond to people coming to this thread to defend Dragon Age 2 - I mean this is a thread that was created for its revilement."

This thread is for everyone. It's not private. I guarantee you if I were to start a thread stating 'DA2 is awesome'; there be people - likely including you - charging right in to say it sucks. *shrugs*

"You coming here and trying to argue otherwise just shows your trollish or stubborn nature, thinking that anyone who dislikes Dragon Age 2 is just a 'hater', 'nerd', 'somebody who doesn't read an intelligent webcomic like me' or something."

As opposed to you and your rude behaviour of stating anyone who likes DA2 is stupid, moron, braindead, and every other nasty thing you can come up with? L0L

"kay. Yep. I'm doing it. This thread has convinced me.

And I'll make a horrifyingly long youtube series which 'pontificates' about every single solitary wrong thing with the game.

And I will make every one of you eat your words. I will make the case that DA2 is so bad, anyone who defends it should be locked away in a dungeon forever.

No need to thank me. "

the only things you would prove is:

a) You like to waste time on things you hate. Why not spend time on games you enjoy?

b) Your opinion as you will not convince anyone they are wrong in liking DA2 just like I won't convince anyone they are wrong in liking DA2?

get over it, and get over your self.

• Like 2

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"DA2 sucks and if you like you suck too."

Volourn should learn what quotes are.

Currently I can quote his post and except for a bunch of selective editing...see that this was actually NOT quoted by Volourn...but written!!!!!!

So apparantly Volourn doesn't like DA2 either?

:fdevil:

:blink:

:facepalm:

:devil:

Sometimes using the quote box is your friend...stops double takes on misunderstanding what you post and what someone else posts.

Edited by greylord

No need to thank me.

Share the link. Im serious.

Only boring people get bored

YWhy lie? That sentence is quite clearly in quotations. I use REAL quote marks not the FAKE internet cool kiddie speak quote boxes.

It has long been surmised that it is a flaw in his programming. While the volobot was extremely advanced for its time, it has had trouble adapting to new forum software.

• Like 1

And if you're not going to respond to my posts, which I did spend time on, then why post at all? Just a waste of breath to post a stupid XKCD image and expect me to be swayed by your laziness.

I don't think anyone is expecting you to be swayed by anything, much as there is effectively zero chance of anyone who liked DA2 being swayed by you. Likers gonna like same as haters gonna hate. Convincing someone that their opinion is Wrong! happens very rarely.

You'd go far better simply presenting why you dislike it rather than present it as objective fact since you won't lose a significant number of people instantly by that approach. There are things that were poor about DA2 which probably do meet the criteria for objectivity such as enemy spawn and asset reuse, two issues I've never seen defended in anything other than a facile manner (ie saying that they were done to cut down on time/ money resources). Some people, and not a tiny number at that, do genuinely like things like the characters and the story and as such they cannot suck objectively- you can still present why you didn't like them.

OTOH

My personal opinion is that the ludicrous amount of hate directed at Dragon Age 2 is the most abhorrent example of groupthink I have ever witnessed

Is probably just a touch, a smidgeon, a tad overstated in the reverse direction.

• Like 2

My personal opinion is that the ludicrous amount of hate directed at Dragon Age 2 is the most abhorrent example of groupthink I have ever witnessed

Is probably just a touch, a smidgeon, a tad overstated in the reverse direction.

I felt like using big words. I don't get to do it a lot now that I've defended. :(

I felt like using big words. I don't get to do it a lot now that I've defended. :(

So, from a hypothetical bias in the designated target demographic, you extrapolated a behavioral pattern?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

No need to thank me.

I just reinstalled DA2 30 minutes ago. Ran through the tutorial. Fraps'd it. It's taking up 25 GB. My second drive is almost full so I'm going to have to play the game in small spurts and convert them as I go.

So there's no link yet and I doubt I'll have any substantial produced until a week from now.

But I'm gonna do it. I'll assuredly post the link here when I get the first video done.

No need to thank me.

I just reinstalled DA2 30 minutes ago. Ran through the tutorial. Fraps'd it. It's taking up 25 GB. My second drive is almost full so I'm going to have to play the game in small spurts and convert them as I go.

So there's no link yet and I doubt I'll have any substantial produced until a week from now.

But I'm gonna do it. I'll assuredly post the link here when I get the first video done.

I feel sorry for you. I wouldn't replay DA2 if you paid me.

I especially disliked the dialogue system, which made my playstyle impossible.

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands