Anti-Dragon Age 2?

Cultist

You... talked about DA2 for over a hundred minutes?

Yes. Yes I did. It was cathartic.

There's a reason why I will not be talking about it ever again.

You just did. :3

• Like 2

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

2 hours? Dude I hated the game too but 20 minutes should have been enough. Although I guess I'm a bit of a hypocrite, seeing as I've spent hours dissing ASM 700 and the premise behind SSM.

Edited by KaineParker

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I'm surprised IGN hasn't run with this story yet. Maybe they are waiting for Jessica Chobot to lick a horse first.

They're busy re-scanning her face with next-gen technology so she can be in DA3 and ME4. This time she's mandatory in exchange for a guaranteed 9.5/10 or better review score.

I'm surprised IGN hasn't run with this story yet. Maybe they are waiting for Jessica Chobot to lick a horse first.

They're busy re-scanning her face with next-gen technology so she can be in DA3 and ME4. This time she's mandatory in exchange for a guaranteed 9.5/10 or better review score.

I dunno, I think IGN just likes to suck corporate balls. Makes sense, they are part of the parent company that FOX News.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

The Chobot thing boggles my mind more so because she didn't even seem to want to be in the game, at least based on that performance. BioWare seems to cater to Felicia Day, but at least Day seems to genuinely want to take part in the DA universe. Debates about her actual acting ability aside, Day at least seemed like she actually was invested in the role. Chobot literally sounded like someone who was thrust a script and forced to read the lines, in a monotone, against her will.

What a useless character that was, especially since the actual premise (war reporter tagging along) could have actually been somewhat interesting if it was Emily Wong or the chick with the really long name instead.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Dragon Age 2, despite being horrible, was pretty decent.

If it was called something like Kirkwall Chronicles or something like "A New Path" or "Hawke and his/her merry band" maybe people (myself included) enjoyed it more. But its a bit too late.

I just want them to take their time with DA3...

Nothing is true, everything is permited.

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100

My god this is all... so confusing.

Not to worry, I've heard they are working on DA3 to streamline it and make it less confusing :)

• Like 2

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Strange how I can still remember the Nameless Ones voice and many of his lines, yet i've forgotten what Hawke even sounded like. Was he a brit or north american? Mind you I stopped listening about 20 hours in and just kept pressing his personality type, can't remember if it was upper right, middle right or lower right though.

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Did BioWare learn their lesson with the title? Is the newest DA called DA3: Inquisition, or just DA: Inquisition?

I do agree that some of the backlash (about story continuity) would have been less if DA2 was simply DA: Kirkwall or DA: Champion of Kirkwall.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Did BioWare learn their lesson with the title? Is the newest DA called DA3: Inquisition, or just DA: Inquisition?

I do agree that some of the backlash (about story continuity) would have been less if DA2 was simply DA: Kirkwall or DA: Champion of Kirkwall.

Or have another year of development time, just saying.

• Like 2

Ka-ka-ka-ka-Cocaine!

Z9SVsCY.gif

I'm talking specifically about the folks who were upset that DA2's story had very little to do with following up on DA:O's. Of course the game itself could have done with more development time, but giving it an extra year, two, or three of development wouldn't change the fact it wasn't really a follow up to DA:O, at least not in terms in finishing up any lingering storylines left over from DA:O or Awakenings, that some folks who saw the "2" in the title assumed would be the case.

Edited by GhostofAnakin

I don't know if BioWare has learned anything. I don't closely follow the forums, maybe they've posted something to suggest that they have, but because the dialogue wheel and voice-protag are confirmed for DA3, I highly doubt it.

The Doctors are gone, EA has renamed all its other studios, and SWTOR is F2P. I would hope somebody over there has said, "We need to change how we've been doing things." But I don't know. Maybe they're convinced Dragon Age 3 will be "right this time"? I can't help but shake my head, because I feel that way sometimes too. Like, Lambda Calculus? I took it this semester and I was so sure the second test would come out "right this time" but man, hubris is pretty painful to get excised. I can't help but feel that somebody at BioWare who's in charge of things thinks they know how to get the Skyrim/Call of Duty audience, but I'm not convinced at all. TES is a long-running series. Call of Duty is a long-running series. The fans know what to expect and they know what will be delivered when they purchase that product.

Instead of building up a fanbase, BioWare has been neglecting theirs. Or at least, it seems that way. Maybe they're actually doing a good job of communicating to everyone their intentions but I just keep seeing mixed messages.

As a consumer, I have no idea what to expect from Dragon Age 3. I mean, I hope it's going to be an RPG remniscient of KOTOR1, BG1, BG2, or even Jade Empire at this point. Gosh, I'd settle for that at this point, it's not like RPGs are a dime a dozen anymore. I'll take the mediocrity that was DA:O - DA:O has a lot of good points about it, the least they could do is stick to making that sort of game.

I think it's a really bad sign that I have no idea what to expect. What do you think the average, uninformed consumer is expecting from Dragon Age 3? Are they going to pay $60 USD after their experience with DA2? How are they going to invigorate people who haven't bought DA2 or DA:O to buy DA3? Is the tagline for the game going to be, "It's just like Skyrim!" Because I'm pretty sure that's not going to work. At the very least, I don't believe BioWare can deliver a TES-clone, not in the time frame they have at least, and if people do fall for such a tagline, they're going to be pretty angry when they don't get what they want, and the people who didn't like Skyrim (such as I), who don't buy DA3 as a result, are going to mean a lot of lost jobs for BioWare, most likely.

I made a 2 hour rant video about dragon age 2. It's not the greatest... but if you want to watch it, here ya go:

I'm talking specifically about the folks who were upset that DA2's story had very little to do with following up on DA:O's. Of course the game itself could have done with more development time, but giving it an extra year, two, or three of development wouldn't change the fact it wasn't really a follow up to DA:O, at least not in terms in finishing up any lingering storylines left over from DA:O or Awakenings, that some folks who saw the "2" in the title assumed would be the case.

I actually found most of the story of DA2 "Ok" (and I liked a number of the characters, with a few exceptions). My only real problem with the story part was that the game should have ended after you taking sides and defeating one of the two antagonists and then left it at that.

My main beef with the game had more to do with tossing out the old game mechanics rather than building on them. Lack of variety in encounters and the dreadful paratrooper waves didn't help ;)

• Like 3

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein