Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Who will be next companions ?/ Your expectations for the next companion

Comanion Race Class

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Poll: Next companions (114 member(s) have cast votes)

Which race should be the next companions ? (multi answer)

1. Human (23 votes [9.47%])

Percentage of vote: 9.47%

2. Dwarven (15 votes [6.17%])

Percentage of vote: 6.17%

3. Elven (30 votes [12.35%])

Percentage of vote: 12.35%

4. Orlan (38 votes [15.64%])

Percentage of vote: 15.64%

5. Godlike (70 votes [28.81%])

Percentage of vote: 28.81%

6. Aumaua (49 votes [20.16%])

Percentage of vote: 20.16%

7. Other/ not playable race ( What race ?) (18 votes [7.41%])

Percentage of vote: 7.41%

Which class should be the next companion ?(multi Answer)

1. Cipher/Wizard (43 votes [14.24%])

Percentage of vote: 14.24%

2. Rogue (40 votes [13.25%])

Percentage of vote: 13.25%

3. Ranger (18 votes [5.96%])

Percentage of vote: 5.96%

4. Priest (24 votes [7.95%])

Percentage of vote: 7.95%

5. Paladin (29 votes [9.60%])

Percentage of vote: 9.60%

6. Monk (14 votes [4.64%])

Percentage of vote: 4.64%

7. Fighter (14 votes [4.64%])

Percentage of vote: 4.64%

8. Druid (39 votes [12.91%])

Percentage of vote: 12.91%

9. Chanter (52 votes [17.22%])

Percentage of vote: 17.22%

10. Barbarian (29 votes [9.60%])

Percentage of vote: 9.60%

Vote Guests cannot vote

ArchBeast

ArchBeast

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 155 posts
Like above whats Your expectations for the next companion ? You want dwarven warrior ? Orlan Rouge ?

We have alrady 5 companions there will be 8 ... what races, classes they should be .... share with us your ideas on these 3 companions

Edited by ArchBeast, 19 October 2012 - 02:31 AM.

UncleBourbon

UncleBourbon

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
I'd like a support type companion, maybe a bit altruistic, but also a frequent greater good sort of person. Not Anders like, but more along the lines of Arcade Gannon. I don't care about gender or orientation, but I'm a fan of both Arcade from F:NV and Xan, you know, sorta pessimistic, but doing what they can. Without all the resentment and possessed-ness that Anders had.

Monte Carlo

Monte Carlo

Vorpal Panzerfaust of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 6720 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:MonteCarlo
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
A decent scout / rogue who can provide skill monkey / ranged support please. Race not important.
  • Amentep and nikolokolus like this

ArchBeast

ArchBeast

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 155 posts
Aumaua Barbarian (becouse i still hope that this race will be some kinf of orc, ogr or something), if this race is somekind of BIG humans like qunari it fits well to, if it's lizard/animalistic race then it fitts to ...

Also having some undead, half-demon, half-dragon companion will be awsome ....

Edited by ArchBeast, 19 October 2012 - 02:53 AM.

LaSombra

LaSombra

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:LaSombra666
  • Kickstarter Backer
I would say a druid healer for support, elf ranger for ranged attacks and a halfling rogue for chests and traps :)

kabaliero

kabaliero

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 323 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
<chant> Lich girl! Lich girl! </chant> :wub:
  • Joukehainen and .Leif. like this

Avantre

Avantre

Irritable Art Critic of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
I'm hoping for a (Sentient) Marshmallow Barbarian. Must hate Paladins.

FlintlockJazz

FlintlockJazz

White Rabbit of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1959 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Orlan Paladin.

...what?

RaccoonTOF

RaccoonTOF

Enigma of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
Really want to see what the concept for the Godlike are visually, though I think this might be a bit tricky to pull off just showing us a single Godlike companion if they are as varied as the planetouched from D&D. Also definitely want to see a chanter, paladin, and cipher as companion choices - though no particular preference towards any of them being Godlike ;)

Jasede

Jasede

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 323 posts
The gay furry romance option: a fuzzy friendly fellow who happens to be a Rogue and always wants to steal your pants.
  • Sugarjaye likes this

ArchBeast

ArchBeast

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 155 posts

Really want to see what the concept for the Godlike are visually, though I think this might be a bit tricky to pull off just showing us a single Godlike companion if they are as varied as the planetouched from D&D. Also definitely want to see a chanter, paladin, and cipher as companion choices - though no particular preference towards any of them being Godlike ;)

A i "DON"T whant to see godlike if they where "Planetouched". Expecially genasi was weirdest thin that i ever saw with the "Burning hair" .... I don't know haw some human can be impragneted by "Fire Elemental" ... it's just dump ...

If god's of Eternity will be more like Grek or Norse gods than "Godlike" has same sense but not like mix of grek gods and chirtian angels and demons we see in D&D ....

An idea of having demonic grandpa or angelic granny is to much for me .....

RaccoonTOF

RaccoonTOF

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Along with these modes, we also want to introduce the Godlike races. These folks have been described previously as being similar to the humanoid "planetouched" in D&D: aasimar, tieflings, and genasi. That is a good high-level description of them, but they are viewed differently by various factions, faiths, and cultures in the world of Project Eternity. Godlike were "blessed" before birth by one or more of the meddling deities of this world. Though their appearances vary, they are unmistakeably otherworldly when anyone gets a clear look at them. Sometimes, the reaction they get is overwhelmingly positive. Many times, the reaction is overwhelmingly not. For better or worse, the physical "gifts" that mark them as Godlike always come with supernatural blessings (and curses) of their own.

Your comment about the genasi is actually one of the reasons that I do want to see an example or two of what the concept for them is visually :) But yes, based on the description, I think they are more like the greek/norse semi-divinities, while still having definite and distinct visual cues as to their origins as well.

ArchBeast

ArchBeast

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 155 posts

Your comment about the genasi is actually one of the reasons that I do want to see an example or two of what the concept for them is visually :) But yes, based on the description, I think they are more like the greek/norse semi-divinities, while still having definite and distinct visual cues as to their origins as well.

Yeh, i hope so but "while still having definite and distinct visual cues as to their origins as well" I don't know if i understand you.... you mean that they will look diffrent then humans ?

Achilles, Hercules haven't. I personaly think that ony difrences can be blond/silver heir glowing eyes etc. NO TAILS, NO Animal like heads.....

I some cases i can survave WINGS but i whoud prefer much more like Achilles fron troy godlike then some kinda angel bastard ....

RaccoonTOF

RaccoonTOF

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
I meant that based on the description there, they seem to have open the possibility for just divinely "touched" demigods without the actual literal issues of a fire elemental/human impregnation attempt - though they would still retain in some way the distinctive appearance of the planetouched, though I hope in a wide variety of different ways, not ALL (or even most) of them extreme like wings and tails but still leaving those open as possible (totally with you on the burning hair though :p)

Edit: example of ways that they could be set off physically without being 'fiendish/angelic' would include things like (in the case of otherwise human) abnormal skin tone/hue, green blood, no pupils/iris, etc. - distinct without having to be animalistic or freakishly large appendages.

Edited by RaccoonTOF, 19 October 2012 - 06:52 AM.

Moirnelithe

Moirnelithe

Mascot of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
I want a godlike of indeterminate class named Edward who sparkles when walking into sunlight. :yucky:

Seriously though, I'll be happy to wait and see. Since I normally play rogues with the occassional wizard thrown in, I'd appreciate it if the other companions aren't all rogues or soft targets.
  • Sugarjaye likes this

Brannart

Brannart

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 221 posts
One thing that kind of concerns me is the 'Adventurers Hall' thing is going to keep Obsidian from making truly weird and unusual. No Miraluka/Sith Lords/Wizards who are on fire/floating sculls likely this time. Or not. Maybe they need to be to make up for the fact the NPC companions will not be customizable.

So I guess what I hope to see is 'none of the above. Surprise me.'

Leferd

Leferd

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2906 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!
Thieving Ne'er-do-well. A Rake.
  • Monte Carlo and Sugarjaye like this

Bill Gates' Son

Bill Gates' Son

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 326 posts
Actually, I would love to see a companion that's part of a race you can't choose at all. Keeps the companions unique. Heck, give us companion that's really out their, like One of Many.
  • Brannart likes this

MantisDreaming

MantisDreaming

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
A humble god-like chanter addicted to svef.

Hello world.

Monte Carlo

Monte Carlo

Vorpal Panzerfaust of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 6720 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:MonteCarlo
  • Kickstarter Backer
From a utility and character POV I liked the elf dude from BG1. He was a great archer / support guy, in fact he was almost too good.

I also like the idea of a paladin who struggles a bit with the whole being disciplined schtick and is a touch seedy. Maybe drunk all the time. Anything but stoic and / or overly righteous.
  • .Leif. likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Comanion, Race, Class

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users