Orcs  

343 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see orcs in the game ?

• Yes, but only as evil common monsters.
    • Yes - fully playable race with good background. Something like green qunari. "from Dragon Age" or orcs from Warcraft 3.
    • Yes- but only if there will by other races like halfogres etc.
    • NO !!!

Hello, I am a new user I do not know how to create the poll of this topic if someone would help me I would be grateful.

ps. I'm sorry for my English but I use google translator.

What do you think about adding or adopting a new race. I mean, of course, Orc race. :p

Do you like the idea or not, if so, please share your thoughts about that race, orgins, culture or physical, if you think that orc addition to the game is a bad idea to also encourage you to discuss.

Personally, I do not like how it has so far presented orcs especially in the D & D. Were presented as cannon fodder, in most cases, extremely stupid and weak, even in combat also does not play hardly any role.

Already much more I liked how they presented in Warcraft 3 There were Respected military strength equal to that of men, or sometimes even surpasses them. Presented as cursed by demons, changed and enslaved by them, however, after years of a large group of them broke the shackles. Honor the warriors, who want to live in peace but not afraid to grab an ax and show their strength.

I think orcs are as much a part of the fantasy world as elves or dwarves. Not a bad idea in my opinion would be if the design world eternity present them as two races or even factions. Enslaved a race of slaves and the other dark forces as a rebellious tribe hating their former oppressors but not being too warm relations with the "civilized" humans, elves, etc.

I personally would prefer a much more even playing an orc than divine or superhuman race. In Neverwinter Night Although there was a half-orc race, but I think it was terribly compromised. I do not know why it always shows them as idiots, right are quite aggressive, wild, rude, unfriendly and not liking strangers. But, for example, Thrall from Warcraft 3 was intelgętny and even breaking stereotypes and did not lose anything from being an orc.

Im waiting for your opinion.

See you

• Like 5

I wouldn't mind a moderately intelligent race similar to orcs, but perhaps a bit more original in terms of culture.

By the way, this kind of topic is probably better suited to the general discussion section rather than gameplay / mechanics.

Edited by Piccolo

Orcs and Drow are interesting races, but they should get strongly negative reactions during most encounters and conversations, if not outright belligerence.

• Like 2

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I would love to see the shamanistic snoble savage type of orcs you see in Warcraft III/WoW or even the Elder Scoll series. I would also like to see them as a playable race if that's possible. I think orcs being an evil race has been over do to many times.

Yeah, orcs aren't that original, but are you going to tell me elves and dwarves aren't more overused?

Edited by Bill Gates' Son
  • Like 1

I'd rather have half-ogres, they're less used. They were great in Arcanum.

Yeah they were my favourite race in Arcanum, so I'd prefer them too. But if that isn't possible as long as there was an option for some sort of stereotypically brutish race, I'll be happy.

• Like 1

Meh...I would rather the devs come up with a playable race that was more unusual...a fey race, or spirits, or elementals. Also, one must consider that if humans are the dominant race and there are Orcs and Ogres that fill the fantasy trope of humanoid "other" (whether traditionally wild, undeveloped or evil), why would said races particularly want to associate or adventure with Humans?

I guess it depends on how Obsidian builds its world, but I wouldn't mind having races that flat rejected humanity or even saw it as a blight that needed to be avoided or erased.

Edited by curryinahurry

Yeah, I'd like to have some sort of traditionally-thought-of-as-brutish race be playable. Playing a kind, patient half-orc in Arcanum was lots of fun. It would be neat to see different orcish cultures, some of which are brutal and cruel, some of which are not.

Yeah they were my favourite race in Arcanum, so I'd prefer them too. But if that isn't possible as long as there was an option for some sort of stereotypically brutish race, I'll be happy.

Playing a half-ogre mage would be great... there was a quest with an ogre mage in the original Baldur's Gate, which was kind of interesting given how ogres are viewed generally (not very bright).

• Like 1

Exile in Torment

QblGc0a.png

I had to edit the savegame and change the race title to Orc on my Half-Orc, because it didn't exist in the game and I wanted an Orc. But as this is its own story, I'm sure that Orcs and Drow could be something "new". I can understand if this is a touchy subject because Drow has always been in a certain "way"... in this case perhaps something equivalent oof the two could exist but presented differently (e.g., new lore, not so hated, looked down upon, fear etc. etc.).

A noble honored Orc Clan in the midst that are respected by Barbarians for their ways, or a Drow faction that acts like a Robin Hood-ish thing from the shadows. Something different when I was researching Drows:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trow_(folklore) found the enemy of the Chanter xD

I would love to see the shamanistic snoble savage type of orcs you see in Warcraft III/WoW or even the Elder Scoll series. I would also like to see them as a playable race if that's possible.

That's what i'm talking about i played orc only in morrowind and skyrim and i thik they where a little bit tu nice, i whould love to play some kind or orc like Thrall from warcraft, that looks like orc, not atak everywone but when hi must fight he don't cry about it.

USED ?! :D Sorry man but i remember only few games that orcs was playable race,(half-ogres only in ancanum) in elderscrolls and warcraft, elfs, dwarwes are almost in every fantasy game. Playing as half ogre or even pure ogre whould by geat. But i think that Orcs in our subculture terribly put aside but they have potential they can by not only a low race like in D&D they can by even use as employed as reflected Mongol hordes, even the most powerfull race (controlling most lands). They can by portrayed as a race that seeks its place, hated race, even though it really just looking for their place in the world. I think that this race should be called the Orcs, but it may well ogres would, besides, there is nothing to prevent the creation of orcs higher (with their own state and diplomatic relations) and lower orcs ( beast who bearly can hold a weapon and acts more like trolls from Skyrim) to create a powerful historical base of this race is huge, and he would like to finally taken care of her, half-ogres clear they can be but it's not just about the name of the race (I suspect that supporters of other green like Humanoids will not complain if, instead of, say, half-get well taken orcs).

And i thing that putting orc intu the lure whould by much more realistic, and easy than "godlike-race" pff .

I think that putting something like qunari from dragon age orgins but green and a little bit more orkish whould by great. But why i am saying that orc whould by better than half-ogres becouse half-ogres whould allways by sub-race, something not independent. But orc can easly by independet race/nation.

Thanks everywone for respond.

Edited by ArchBeast

And i thing that putting orc intu the lure whould by much more realistic, and easy than "godlike-race" pff .

Who is to say that Orc's aren't a "Godlike"-race in the world of P:E? ;) it all comes down to the lore.

Who is to say that Orc's aren't a "Godlike"-race in the world of P:E? ;) it all comes down to the lore.

I think that they mean something like assimar from D&D a human who had Angel or God grandpa or mayby demonic granny.. :p

ofcorse it comes down to a lure but in my opinion, if someone whould by adding a savege/orc/qunari like race they prapobly whould say "we will by adding new barberian race." but mayby im wrong :D

Edited by ArchBeast

i dont mind orcs but you have to balance them, and then if orcs why not other mosters races?

if you start with orcs then where do you draw the line, if you say that in game lore orcs are full members of society, that work ,etc. fine by me, like in the tes games.

If we have Half people, they just do something simpler, chosing parets, for example.

Chose your race. edit your fathers up to 4 genererations behind, and then get some cool bonuses for, ser, an orc with an elvish ansestery and a Human father and a orc mother.

If we have Half people, they just do something simpler, chosing parets, for example.

Chose your race. edit your fathers up to 4 genererations behind, and then get some cool bonuses for, ser, an orc with an elvish ansestery and a Human father and a orc mother.

Yeah, Dragon granny, demonic granpa, angel mother and daddy santa claus :D YUPI ! hehe

Yeah, Dragon granny, demonic granpa, angel mother and daddy santa claus :D YUPI ! hehe

Hey it could work, and its way simpler that having halfelves, halforcs, halflings, etc. etc.

to be hones if im Santa i would realy go for a Angel with some demonic and dragon blood on her!

By the way.

"IF" orcs will by added what do you think they should look like i mean green monster like or mayby more similar to humans or half-elfs, what about cultures shold they by only wariors, or lets say echanters, blacksmitchs, schould they practice magic or afraid of her. What about other races, i mean dwarf hate them or like, humans ar affraid of them or they jush think they are stupid beasts... and what about orcish merceneres ?

Do you guys think that they schould by plenty of thmen (in almoust every cave) or schould they by almost extinct. Schould they by old (like elf) race or new like let's say (humans) ... derived from our dimension or some other ??

If they're going for a colonization period, then they might want some sort of native american analog. The always chaotic evil interpretation has no place, in my eyes. They need to be a culture with complexity or omitted.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

An orc by any other name is still as foul. Whether they're called orcs or gobilns or something else, every medieval cRPG needs a low-to-mid-level, nasty enemy for sword fodder. I have no problem with calling these savages orcs. It's tradition, after all, and I've always been a Tolkien fan.

http://cbrrescue.org/

Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forests and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoors experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.----Fred Bear

http://michigansaf.org/

Tsuga C Yes and we can't be original. We have undead, goblins, hobgoblins, orklings, ogres, dragons, demons, devils, bears, wolfs, kobolds, dark dwarfs, giants, tytans, elementals, flying humanoids, swiming serpents, monster rats, monster rabbits etc. in fanasy lure that we don't have to much matiral for sword fodder.

Better to have another sword fodder enemy than deep well done race that broke the shackles and freed from demonic bondage and began wandering towards a better tomorrow. Better take another cannon fodder and bring the whole race to kill the orcs and dwarves are greedy, why do race well done as the original approach can be boiled down to one sentence shallowest make them as possible as "elves have pointy ears are thin and running around in the woods "