Countdown to Eternity.

Aaand Kickstarter quietly passed 3.2 mil while we weren't watching. With 9 hours to go I expect we'll end up somewhere around 3.26 mil plus the ~90k from paypal we ought to be left with about 150k for the last 24 hours though it may well end up bringing up double that amount. I think obsidian should come up with a 3.6 mil stretch goal.

1zq6793.jpg

This extra city does the trick no doubt, but I think that Obsidian's free creative reins and proven record of generous and genuinely enjoyable CRPGs is the big draw here.

Well, whatever, I'm just so happy and nervous right now. It's like waiting for X-mas. :)

• Like 3

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

According to Feargus it's 92k paypal.

Thanks C2B, is there a new backer number?

Obsidian ‏@Obsidian Current PayPal status: $140,000. 2,200 backers

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

Kick Starter is a fixed 5% charge at the end.

This post is so... magic! I love the work that all of you guys are doing. Because as an engineering student and as a novice statistician this is a lot of fun to watch!

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100

"What can change the nature of a man?"

no :( But he'll announce them once or twice during the day.

Where'd you guys get the new Paypal number anyways? I can't find it on Twitter :(

"Hmm so last Paypal information was 140,000 putting us at 4,126,929. We did well over and beyond 4 million, and still have an old backer number from Paypal. 76,186 backers. It's very possible that we have over 75,000 backers if I had new Paypal information. Which means we may have 15 Mega dungeon levels, and we already are going to have an amazing game + cats (I swear I will go stir crazy if Adam doesn't own up to the cats thing :p)."

Switching to Paypal means that more of your money will go towards Project Eternity. (The more you know.)

Paypal charges .30 cents per transaction and 2.2% for anything over 100,000 per month for U.S currency. Other currency is different, ranging from anywhere between 2.2-4.9%.

no :( But he'll announce them once or twice during the day.

Where'd you guys get the new Paypal number anyways? I can't find it on Twitter :(

PayPal is at $92.5K. I'm not going to get backer numbers right now, because it's a pain. But will announce during the day at least once or twice.

KickStarter comments.

Edited by AwesomeOcelot

KickStarter comments.

Thanks.

2 hour update time! 3,311,248 is our new total a 21,092 increase or 10.5k/hour. Our backers now total 65,744 a 273 increase or 136/hour.

Edited by Loranc
  • Like 1

2 hour update time! 3,311,248 is our new total a 21,092 increase or 10.5k/hour. Our backers now total 65,744 a 273 increase or 136/hour.

I keep refreshing kickstarter and I just cannot wait for the 3.5 mil to be actualized and set in stone. I know that at this point it'll be REALLY hard to miss but I can't wait to see the magic words "Goal Achieved!" written next to it. And then there's the matter of tonight's update hitting soon too.

1zq6793.jpg

2 hour update time!!! We are now at 3,334,936 that's a 23,688 increase 11.8k/hour. Backers are now 66,055 that's a 311 increase 155/hour.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have now officially broken Double Fine's record for the most money raised through kickstarter for a video game!

I don't think so. Double Fine Adventure also had PayPal.

Oh well, forgot that. Anyway, I think it's pretty obvious now that this'll beat them. And go beyond 3.5m!!

Guess what guys, I've finally pledged! And trust me when I saw I'm the last person you'd normally expect to pledge, so just imagine all the others who are about to come out the woodwork!

Does anyone know how I get my pledge badge onto my profile?

Guess what guys, I've finally pledged! And trust me when I saw I'm the last person you'd normally expect to pledge, so just imagine all the others who are about to come out the woodwork!

Does anyone know how I get my pledge badge onto my profile?

Thanks for the pledge! I'll be increasing mine tomorrow after work.

I'm following this KS marathon for last 3 hours and it's nicely accelerating. At current rate (KS only) we would need around $8,780/h and in the last 3 hours we had $11,123 | $11,124 | $19,224 increases. So even without PP numbers it's going nicely. Sweet!

Edited by Reinhardt