Update #8: New Digital Tier, Novella by Chris Avellone, and Translations at $2.2M

Just as a slight digression, would very much like to know whose signature is at the bottom of Edair's drawing. Would be really cool if possible to have the artist come on here and maybe give us an explanation of the inspiration and significance of the character, his armour, equipment etc.

• Like 1

Snarkmaster of the Obsidian Order and Planescape junkie!

The Obsidian Order wants you!

I'm not a 'hater' or a 'xenophobe' but do have to admit that language translations isn't quite as compelling of a stretch goal as the updates made it sound like it would be. I guess I got myself hyped up thinking it would be something like a toolset for community-made content.

Look at the survey / poll of where fans come from. Over 60% from Europe. This is a no-brainer and will make Obsidian more money.

Now where's the mega-dungeon?

sonsofgygax.JPG

*shrugs*

not really happy with Obsidian opting in with the translation. I'd rather have them spend the money elsewhere.

I wonder how much does a translation costs.

(and no, english is not my first language)

Looking forward for the talks by JS, CA and TC during this week.

Many Europeans / South Americans would love to play this game but will refuse to pledge if the game is not translated. It was a smart move.

Just wait until tommorow when Europe is awake... you will change your mind about the translations. :)

I sort of liken it to a very, very savvy investment: Spend 200K and potentially raise 1 million in capital. Not a bad ROI.

Could anyone upload the artwork to another server for me? The one they used for it doesn't seem to work with my browser :( Thanks in advance!

Better?

• image-162519-full.jpg?1348534324

Nope, weird, but anyway, I downloaded another browser and the image worked fine, good piece of art, oh yes sir, cannot wait to see some of the "non-traditional options"!

Edited by Elthosian

A good looking human fighter? And both with a shield and whip. Sorry but im drooling!

I really hope we can use whips in game, for disarming and maybe "silencing" magi XD

Edit:

And his armor style couldnt be better i guess. Seems like hes an agile fighter. And a practical one.

Edit part 2:

I really dont understand people b!tching about new languages. First, not everybody on earth is fluent in english which means a lot in RPG such as Eternity and secondly translations gonna pay for themselves. Most of the new backers will be backing for just this sole reason.

Edited by cyberarmy
  • Like 1

Nothing is true, everything is permited.

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100

Just as a slight digression, would very much like to know whose signature is at the bottom of Edair's drawing. Would be really cool if possible to have the artist come on here and maybe give us an explanation of the inspiration and significance of the character, his armour, equipment etc.

The artist is Polina Hristova, and you can check out her other stuff here.

• Like 1

Peace... piece... of mind

Great concept art!

And about the localisation: the game will be translated whether they reach 2.2m or not, believe me. To not do so is commercial suicide – especially the German one.

Still, I’m sure 2.2 will be reached; and more! I sincerely hope so.

Chronicler of the Obsidian Order; for the pen is mightier than the sword!

Even as a non-native English speaker I'm a bit disappointed by the new, changed stretch goal. I was really hoping for new content.

As it stands the new 110$ digital tier (early beta access) is the "biggest bang" with this new update.

Edited by BSoda
  • Like 1

Nice Update! Does this mean that there won't be any hope for voicework in the other translations? Is the Digital only Tier without the second copy that came with the physical copy tier + a digital version with it?

Well $80 tier has 2x digital, so $110 should too.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Better?

• image-162519-full.jpg?1348534324

His falsetto will be his most distinguishing feature.

• Like 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

French, German, and Spanish Translations added at $2.2M

We are glad to announce that we will add text translations for French, German, and Spanish when we reach this goal. As we hit more of our stretch goals, we hope to be able to add even more languages as well!

And the italian language??? ;(

• Like 1

English is not my native language but since almost all the games are in english , i've gotten used to all the game terms and i'm pretty comfortable

with that.

Besides,don't things like ''critical hit'',''fireball'' or whatever sound weird in your native language,considering we are familiar with the english terms?

Bottom line,even if it had my native language,i wouldn't use it.

I imagine some people would however,considering that in some countries they even dub all their foreign films,which i find unbearable.

Edited by japol
  • Like 1

Naturally the game would reach a larger audience if there were more languages.

I just got the following response from Feargus on the KS page, so that would be great for any group willing to put in the work and translate the game into other languages:

We are going to work on providing tools for translations into other languages. I don't have any details yet, but with all the requests - we are going to be absolutely looking at it more.
Edited by O.DOGG
  • Like 3

Peace... piece... of mind

Many Europeans / South Americans would love to play this game but will refuse to pledge if the game is not translated. It was a smart move.

Just wait until tommorow when Europe is awake... you will change your mind about the translations. :)

Well said, dlux. I understand that translate an entire game will cost a lot of money, and i can imagine that the italian market is not attractive (...really??? I'm not so sure!), so that's not a surprise for me.

Despite this i'm deeply disappointed by the decision to exclude the italian language at $2.200.000. Deeply, deeply disappointed.

• Like 1

Bandit of the Obsidian Order
image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100
animaliacustici.tumblr.com