[Merged] George Ziets as as the 2.8 million stretch goal

Re: recent discussions about Ziets; that's really great news!

The potential end product from the leads for PST and MoTB working together could match or even exceed the authors' previous highpoints.

Potentially a truly amazing piece of gaming / art and perhaps worthy of the term "artistic integrity..." :biggrin: ?!

- Project Eternity, Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera; quality cRPGs are back !

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100      3fe8e989e58997f400df78f317b41b50.jpg                            

Sure there is, but right now I prefer to root for Ziets, because I just know he's the right man for this job!

What? What has rooting to do with anything? This thread IS about Ziets and I just mentioned that there are other good crpg designers also when diablo said that we had everyone with him. (And that was just a misunderstanding)

Please don't turn this into a popularity contest. There are few things I hate more.

I wasn't aware of the name behind MotB (and I'm still not clear on just how much of it he wrote personally) but I can certainly see the draw. I only played it through once or twice when it was still new and the overall story is hazy in my memory at this point, but the atmosphere, style, and dark feeling themes are hard to forget and that's a pretty strong point in the writer's favor. For MotB, for me at least, it wasn't precisely what happened that was most important, but how I felt as everything unfolded. If P:E can hit that sweet spot, I'll be one happy man.

Ziets has been taking quite a few MOTB questions on his formspring account.

http://www.formspring.me/GZiets

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

Might be nothing but Obsidian had 94 people working for them according LinkedIn just yesterday, now they are up to 95. (95th perso isn't Mr. Fish). Ziets time? ;)

Eh, no. 95 was Mr. Fish. I'm sure of that. Sometimes it shows 1 less, but it catches up.

I also already checked George and he's still on *previous*.

Edited by C2B

Might be nothing but Obsidian had 94 people working for them according LinkedIn just yesterday, now they are up to 95. (95th perso isn't Mr. Fish). Ziets time? ;)

Eh, no. 95 was Mr. Fish. I'm sure of that. Sometimes it shows 1 less, but it catches up.

I also already checked George and he's still on *previous*.

At least for me it turned into 94 when Mr.Fish was hired.

Hate the living, love the dead.

I think someone should do a poll about the most popular writer.

I hope that was sarcasm.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

What exactly did you write in Mask of the Betrayer (Except for the Main Story)

A lot of the content in Mulsantir and the Wells of Lurue (module B), mainly because I did the area designs for that part of the game. For example - the witches, the barkstring characters around the city, everyone associated with the Shelvedar Nuum plotline, just about everything in the Veil and Shadow Veil (except for the actors’ barks, which were written by Tony Evans), the scribe in the Death God’s Vault, the Okku plotline in Wells of Lurue, and probably other things that I’m forgetting.

For companions – parts of Safiya and Okku.

Also wrote the dream sequences, most of the lorebooks, and a lot of descriptive text.

Plus I did a consistency pass over all the writing in the game.

Edited by C2B
  • Like 1

I can't see why it won't happen. If Ziets has some capacity, you can have him write a major new story line into the game. Something that maybe takes 3-4 hours to complete.

~Seattle Supersonic of the Obsidian Order~

Chris Hansen is the Savior of Seattle

I'm holding my breath and waiting.

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, She got the Mercedes Benz

She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends

How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.

Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

George Costanza:The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli. I got about fifty feet out and suddenly the great beast appeared before me. I tell you he was ten stories high if he was a foot. As if sensing my presence, he let out a great bellow. I said, "Easy, big fella!" And then, as I watched him struggling, I realized that something was obstructing its breathing. From where I was standing, I could see directly into the eye of the great fish.

Jerry: Mammal.

George Costanza: Whatever.

Cosmo Kramer: Well, what did you do next?

George Costanza: Well then, from out of nowhere, a huge tidal wave lifted me, tossed me like a cork, and I found myself right on top of him - face to face with the blowhole. I could barely see from the waves crashing down upon me but I knew something was there. So I reached my hand in, felt around, and pulled out the obstruction.

[George reveals the obstruction to be a golf ball]

Cosmo Kramer: What is that, a Titleist?

[George nods]

Cosmo Kramer: Hole in one, huh?

Hey! That is the wrong George, I want George Ziets! Or at least news of his collaboration in PE! :)

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Oh boy. That's going to be such a tease if we miss it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."