[Merged] George Ziets as as the 2.8 million stretch goal

Tim Cain mentioned that they couldn't make any confirmation of additional personnels outside of Obsidian until the Kickstarter is over. That's when they could budget their resources accordingly.

I still think they should do it. Getting certain people involved has a really strong draw to pledges.

• Like 2

That doesnt make any sense, Brian Fargo announced Chris Avellone half way through his kickstarter. I cant see any reason why Obsidian cant do the same.

Pretty sure there's a reason we don't know why they're hesitant to make commitment. Lets just wait and see.

@ C2B, have a guess .. ;)

Anyway, I am so happy to hear so many people marvelling at MotB. This game is why I love Obsidian to pieces and trust them blindly. Storyline, depth, companions, music...it still inspires me today! If Ziets added his vision to this already incredible project...oh my..

• Like 1

*Bump*

The *What's your favourite MOTB charachter* counts for everyone, btw. :)

now that is a tough one, i hated one of many with all my heart, but the rest of the lot was awesome + 5

if i have to pick one i'd say kaelyn the dove was the best of them all :D

i mean, attacking the wall is like pissing off ALL the gods at once

gotta admire her, heres some real devotion :D

Edited by lolaldanee

That doesnt make any sense, Brian Fargo announced Chris Avellone half way through his kickstarter. I cant see any reason why Obsidian cant do the same.

Pretty sure there's a reason we don't know why they're hesitant to make commitment. Lets just wait and see.

But there isn't enough time to go. I'm waiting worryingly.

Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, She got the Mercedes Benz

She's got a lot of pretty, pretty boys, that she calls friends

How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat.

Some dance to remember, some dance to forget

While I prefered Fall-From-Grace, Kaelyn the Dove was an interesting, well written character. Also Fall-From-Grace had a charisma of 19 and Kaelyn the Dove only had a charisma of 18. So FFG was hotter. I loved when you walked into that pub with Kaelyn and there were guys commenting on how hot she was.

JoshSawyer: Listening to feedback from the fans has helped us realize that people can be pretty polarized on what they want, even among a group of people ostensibly united by a love of the same games. For us, that means prioritizing options is important. If people don’t like a certain aspect of how skill checks are presented or how combat works, we should give them the ability to turn that off, resources permitting.

While I prefered Fall-From-Grace, Kaelyn the Dove was an interesting, well written character. Also Fall-From-Grace had a charisma of 19 and Kaelyn the Dove only had a charisma of 18. So FFG was hotter. I loved when you walked into that pub with Kaelyn and there were guys commenting on how hot she was.

And Kaelyn's voice actress fit the character well, don't you think?

Hmm, what was my favourite character in MotB? Let me guess... Kaelyn, of course!

And Ziets did such a great job on Mask of the Betrayer, which alone would be a reason for me to back this great project!

Please bring that excellent writer back for PE!! With Avellone (who wrote the character Kaelyn IIRC) and Fenstermaker (after South Park) and other talents at Obsidian, there will be a legendary game, I just know it!

Forget the stretch goal, just announce that he will be involved in structuring some of this world's overarching aspects and dilemmas, and the Kickstarter will break 3 million for sure.

Just do it!

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

I actually don't remember the voice actress. I do remember thinking as soon as I met her how much she reminded my of Fall-From-Grace. This thread is making me want to replay MotB again. I actually hadn't realized that MCA wrote Kaelyn. I think he also wrote Gann. It was quite a few years before we knew exactly who was responsible for what in PS:T. MCA outlined the whole thing and kept a close watch on everything but Dave Maldonado and I think Colin McComb also did quite a bit of writing in some of the most interesting areas. They just started with an outline from Chris. It would be interesting to read who was really responsible for what in MotB as well.

Edited by metiman

JoshSawyer: Listening to feedback from the fans has helped us realize that people can be pretty polarized on what they want, even among a group of people ostensibly united by a love of the same games. For us, that means prioritizing options is important. If people don’t like a certain aspect of how skill checks are presented or how combat works, we should give them the ability to turn that off, resources permitting.

MoTB redeemed NWN2 for me.

However, while all the NPCs from MoTB are really well written, Fall From Grace wins.

Must be Jennifer Hale doing an English accent!

Bumping this thread again.....

- Project Eternity, Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera; quality cRPGs are back !

image-163154-full.jpg?1348681100      3fe8e989e58997f400df78f317b41b50.jpg                            

I actually don't remember the voice actress. I do remember thinking as soon as I met her how much she reminded my of Fall-From-Grace. This thread is making me want to replay MotB again. I actually hadn't realized that MCA wrote Kaelyn. I think he also wrote Gann. It was quite a few years before we knew exactly who was responsible for what in PS:T. MCA outlined the whole thing and kept a close watch on everything but Dave Maldonado and I think Colin McComb also did quite a bit of writing in some of the most interesting areas. They just started with an outline from Chris. It would be interesting to read who was really responsible for what in MotB as well.

Chris wrote the outline and by far the majority of text in PS:T. (Colin and Dave did good stuff too, of course. Colin wrote Dak'kon IIRC)

Which areas are you refering to, though?

Also, yes. Chris wrote almost all of Gann's Dialouge.

Colin McComb wrote Dak'kon?

STRETCH GOAL!

;)

Chris Avellone created Dak'kon and I don't know if Colin wrote his entire dialog, but I'm pretty sure most of it.

BTW, Colin also more or less denied that in a tweet. :(

I'm rather disapointed that todays announcement wasnt George. Please Obsidian get him involved.

Yes, there are only 11 days left. If next update still are races ,classes or dungeon, 2.6 million will be the end of funding. Edited by bronzepoem

Chris Avellone created Dak'kon and I don't know if Colin wrote his entire dialog, but I'm pretty sure most of it.

BTW, Colin also more or less denied that in a tweet. :(

Ah, it's a shame; as you can guess, one of my favourite characters. But if Chris created Dak'kon, I'm hoping for some companion of similar quality :)

I'm rather disapointed that todays announcement wasnt George. Please Obsidian get him involved.

Yes, there are only 11 days left. If next update still are races ,classes or dungeon, 2.6 million will be the end of funding.

No, it will pretty sure pass 2.6 Million. Taking last days pledges into account we would have to slow down very, very drastically. At the current momentum we would pass without really needing a spike at the end.

Edited by C2B

Yes, there are only 11 days left. If next update still are races ,classes or dungeon, 2.6 million will be the end of funding.

No, it will pretty sure pass 2.6 Million. Taking last days pledges into account we would have to slow down very, very drastically. At the current momentum we would pass without really needing a spike at the end.

According three great names in the project, shouldn't we expect the funding of PE at last pass 3 million, a little more than WL2? Edited by bronzepoem