What are you playing now?

Gorth

Well, we'll see what they announce when/if it happens.

That's what happens when you goof around in EA's managerial boot camp and not make enough MONEY, MONEY, MONEEEY: GET DOWN AND GIVE ME A HUNDRED OF THOSE FIFA'S SOLDIER!!

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

And I just finished Black Mesa. Played around 10 or 11 hours, not exactly sure. The game is of very high quality (for a mod). It is pretty much as I've expected it to be and it's great. Some elements were cut out where I thought it was unneeded, but other than that it improved really good on the original. The additional areas and "puzzle" are a nice addition and I especially like that they didn't made a 1:1 copy of the map layout. The weapon progression is changed and various events in the game are different- both makes the game feel fresh and it adds surprises, even if you know HL1 very well.

The combat was challenging (it felt too easy in the beginning, but that changed later), graphic and sound are on top of the ladder as well. All the details in the gameworld, etc.

I would go and say that Black Mesa feels like an official remake. Valve should drop the price of HL1 if Black Mesa gets released on Steam... because I really see no reason anymore to play the original (well, except if you want to remember how it was).

Now let's wait for the Xen part in 8 years.

Edited by Lexx
  • Like 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I recently beat Black Mesa myself. It was excellent, but did anybody else have a major issue at the end where the beam of the teleporter caused the game to run at horribly low FPS? I had to turn on God mode because it was too choppy for me to shoot anything even though my PC is more than capable of running the game.

Anyway, I'm trying to get Gunman Chronicles to run on my PC, and maybe I'll play New Vegas again some time. I haven't played as the ol' Cyborg Desert Ranger wanderer guy in a while.

Edited by Yes Man

"Well, there's many things they have forgotten sitting in their bowls. Friendship. The thrill of discovery. Love. Masturbation. The usual." -Dr. Mobius

Indeed, the fps were quite bad in the end. I still had not much a problem with it, though. The trick is to run and jump around all the time, while shooting whatever you see without looking into the beam. :>

They probably used a lot effects in this part. Other than there, the game was running smooth with all graphic settings up.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I'm tempted to buy Borderlands 2 when it is released, but I've yet to even play the first one. A group of my friends are bugging me to play it with them when it's released, but I don't know if I'll even like it since, as I say, I haven't played the first one yet.

I've still got Arkham Asylum and Max Payne 3 on my "to play" list.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

1.5 days until BL2.

Project Eternity has been great to obsess over as a distraction, but it's not coming to my PC any time soon, so I want those bazillion guns. Still trying to convince hubby to start out with the Commando/Axton, so I can stare at that handsome pixel .... face, yeah, that's it ... when we play. ;)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hmm, good thing I finished my play through of Kotor2 before I reformatted and reinstalled Windows. Steam backup wasn't quite what I thought it would be. Despite copying 150gb of game files, only 7 games or so actually got backed up, the rest it still wants to (re)download from Steam. Ah well, getting FO:NV back and running is a priority. Still haven't finished the main quest, nor the last (Lonesome Road?) DLC.

But since I usually play games in between FO:NV sessions, I might as well get started on some of those GOG games in my untouched pile.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Whack-a-mole. Sorry, crappy mod humor.

Gave Black Mesa a whirl yesterday. I like it, but it's disconcerting the changes. I'm running around with pseudo-familiarity and it freaks me out. Like wandering around your house, but not really being sure that it's your house.

Also gave Stranger's Wrath HD a whirl. Didn't get far.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Just finished a first playthrough of Inquisitor.

All in all, it's a good game. Very rough around the edge with a low fight gameplay, but the story is well done, the investigations are fun.

I would place the game somewhere between Arcanum and Divine Divinity.

Some moments are a bit frustrating, with long dungeons and having to backtrack to the city.

I recommend it strongly to people that like top down iso RPG with a strong focus on story and interactions.

• Like 1

FTL. Damn it's fun. Hours pass and i don't even notice. But after a few hours i have enough for 2 days. I'd say pretty good for a kickstarter game.

I've been passing the time until Borderlands 2 with this as well. So far I've only managed to beat the game once, but it's pretty easy to get sucked into it since it doesn't take very long to run through.

I'm tempted to buy Borderlands 2 when it is released, but I've yet to even play the first one. A group of my friends are bugging me to play it with them when it's released, but I don't know if I'll even like it since, as I say, I haven't played the first one yet.

I've still got Arkham Asylum and Max Payne 3 on my "to play" list.

Borderlands is extremely generic and feels like a console game. If you're yearning for a game to play with friends, then you might like it I've heard, but if you play it solo, like I did, it's horrible. The whole game is this - collect loot everywhere, kill respawning enemies all the time, weed out your inventory all the time, the end.

Yeah Borderlands can be very grindingly MMO'ish and as Blodhemn said, in SP you really feel that - but I hate MMO's with a passion and loved Borderlands 1 in coop - so if you have some friends to play with I'd recommend it, the first game was very fun with friends.

Fortune favors the bald.

I'm currently playing through a run of Diablo II, plus the expansion, and trying Black Mesa on the side. That's about it PC-wise, although I've also been re-reading Hunter: The Vigil and the supplement books in perpetration for a pen-and-paper game.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Borderlands is extremely generic and feels like a console game. If you're yearning for a game to play with friends, then you might like it I've heard, but if you play it solo, like I did, it's horrible. The whole game is this - collect loot everywhere, kill respawning enemies all the time, weed out your inventory all the time, the end.

Yeah, that's my worry, that it will be kind of boring to play through. Especially if I have to solo through it if my friends decide to either play when I'm not available or whatever.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Well they also managed to make a funny and crazy story wrapped around good shooting mechanic (ending was a bit wonky though) - sure the looting and respawning enemies was MMO'ish, but everything else was top quality - so it's a bit unfair to call it generic imho. Just as it would be unfair to call Diablo generic on that part.

Fortune favors the bald.

Yeah, that's my worry, that it will be kind of boring to play through. Especially if I have to solo through it if my friends decide to either play when I'm not available or whatever.

I recall that when I first bought it, I wasn't sure what I thought of it either. At first I was like "meh, it's ok." It took me a while to get into it past that. And I was playing solo. At some point in the game it just clicked and I've loved it ever since. It has plenty of faults and I can understand why some would find solo dull (but MP fun) - but I dunno...I loved it. Maybe it's the sense of humor. And the guns. I'm hoping BL2's skill trees are as improved as they look...because they were a bit weak in the first game, imo.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Played some Dragon Quest IX after putting it on hold for a couple of months. Managed to actually progress the story at a quick pace. Completed two story scenarios and the boss fights were challenging and fun. The games are more challenging than one would think.

started replaying dark souls. regular enemies are so easy now, but the boss of the undead burg part 1 is still a jerk face.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

My botched backup of the Steam folder may also have eaten all my FO:NV saves... :wacko:

Looks like I get an "opportunity" to replay most of the game (and DLC's) without having completed the game yet (despite being 150+ hours into it).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein