What are you playing now?

Gorth

My botched backup of the Steam folder may also have eaten all my FO:NV saves... :wacko:

That bites. I did a whole back up/manual porting over of all the folders (not just the backup utility) and it worked ok - Steam just ran some quick checks for each game but I didn't have to reinstall them again. Did you back up the saves in the Documents folder?

Also...only 3 more hours to a bazillion guns... dancing-broccoli-23.gif

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

My botched backup of the Steam folder may also have eaten all my FO:NV saves... :wacko:

That bites. I did a whole back up/manual porting over of all the folders (not just the backup utility) and it worked ok - Steam just ran some quick checks for each game but I didn't have to reinstall them again. Did you back up the saves in the Documents folder?

Also...only 3 more hours to a bazillion guns... dancing-broccoli-23.gif

Yeah, I still have the original C: drive, but all there is in the Documents and Settings folders for FO:NV is a list of installed DLC's, no saves. I feel a bit peevish over that, but hey, I get to replay the game. I would just have loved to try Lonesome Road and the last battle for Hoover Dam bit before replaying it ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Unfortunately that was amongst the things that *did* get reformatted before Steam got reinstalled (because I was resizing and merging some partitions anyway). I thought I was covered by backing up Steam through the Steam client and backing up my old C drive. Gorth gains 100xp.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Borderlands 2 - the pre-order in-game bonuses seem to be glitched (they don't show up). The HUD is kind of annoying, especially the inventory menus. I'll probably get used to it, but it seems worse than in BL1...I liked the text lists better than these fancy dancy graphical ones with even more clicking. The extra graphic nature of the game makes it easier to not notice loot on the ground.

Other than that, it runs beautifully on my rig (max w/High PhysX), looks a lot better than the 1st one, I like the music, it has the same sense of humor and gunplay and I've already found some cool low-level gunz. So, fun. Time will tell if I like it as much as the first.

• Like 2
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

How is the matchmaking? It was always a bit of a lottery in the last game as to whether the group you were joining were in your level range or were at roughly the same stage as you in the game. Also can we kick high level players who join lvl 1 servers and ruin the experience for everyone now?

Borderlands 2 - the pre-order in-game bonuses seem to be glitched (they don't show up). The HUD is kind of annoying, especially the inventory menus. I'll probably get used to it, but it seems worse than in BL1...I liked the text lists better than these fancy dancy graphical ones with even more clicking. The extra graphic nature of the game makes it easier to not notice loot on the ground.

Other than that, it runs beautifully on my rig (max w/High PhysX), looks a lot better than the 1st one, I like the music, it has the same sense of humor and gunplay and I've already found some cool low-level gunz. So, fun. Time will tell if I like it as much as the first.

What is this dark magic you're using?! It doesn't unlock for me for another two days and 10 hours!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Picked up ToEE and Icewind Dale from GOG.

I bought ToEE when it first came out but it crashed so much I never got into it and I've played IWD2 many times but never the first one. Are there any recommended mods or patches for these before I dive in?

Thanks in advance

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

I think that was a joking comment. Itching to play it, but luckily I have work/study stuff to keep me occupied. Also going to finally give Startopia a go.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Well, Wal-Mart's special combo package deal tipped me over the edge to purchase Borderlands 2. It comes with the original Borderlands game for free, so I figured that was enough incentive to give it a try.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

What is this dark magic you're using?! It doesn't unlock for me for another two days and 10 hours!

She's from the US.

The funny thing is, I'm using a World-Wide key, I missed the pre-order for the US while I waited for reviews but was able to snag one from a EU site -and, yes, this was a legit site and not a greymarket one-, and it's looking like it's unlocked for me as well. Perhaps it's based on where you're connecting from and not the key itself?

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Lvl8, doing stuff in Sanctuary. Once you get out of the starter area, it's much better. All kinds of improvements over the 1st game. Still don't like the inventory menus but eh. Enemies side roll and seem better at avoiding (non-sniper) gunfire. I like the "bank" for storage, tho it's not big at the start. Quests don't seem too different, imo - except they have a bit more "story" attached - but yet they feel more interesting. No increase-as-you-use weapon proficiencies (just the Bad A points to increase such stuff), and seems like most/all the upgrades (more ammo carry, backpack/bank size, etc) are bought with the Eridium currency now.

Yeah...I think I'm going to love this game.

edit: oh yeah ... and you can climb ladders now, if the area has some. Took me a while to realize that. :lol:

Edited by LadyCrimson

Reached Chapter 2 of Neverwinter Nights a few days ago, haven't made time for it.

Chapter 1 final boss is still terrible.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm probably a little over halfway done with ME3. I'm not going to patch it just so I can witness the ending that caused all of the mayhem.

Pros: polished product, the genophage storyline was decent, gameplay is decent enough and most things are pretty balanced

Cons: the characters are weak and not as good as ME2, annoying how conversations and sidequests all come in huge waves, "been there, done that" feel in concerning most of the story.

This is simply hilarious. I've decided to abandon Neverwinter Nights for the 5th time at the beginning of Chapter 2. It's just no fun and I can't see anything to look forward to.

I was so optimistic after my recent KOTOR run.

This is simply hilarious. I've decided to abandon Neverwinter Nights for the 5th time at the beginning of Chapter 2. It's just no fun and I can't see anything to look forward to.

You might want to place a sticker on your gamebox warning about it if you have trouble remembering that.

You might want to place a sticker on your gamebox warning about it if you have trouble remembering that.

My tastes change over time. I used to think poorly of KOTOR, that the story was kind of cliche and predictable, the characters boring and predictable. Then I tried it again and it was also tedious. Then I tried it yet again and it was still predictable, but it was charming.

I thought, "hey, what if my opinion of Neverwinter Nights has changed? Lots of people seem to love it. Hurlshot keeps comparing it to adventure games. Surely I missed something." No. Nothing has changed. I missed nothing.

On to Neverwinter Nights 2. Where I look forward to Dwarves with a punching obsession, Tiefling pickpockets, evil Warlocks with a cause, and Eldritch DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

I never played the original NWN, but it must be pretty horrible if you're looking forward to NWN2 that much. I have yet to finish that one after being about 13 hrs in. The game is a borderline joke. It's akin to playing with hand puppets and talking to yourself - not fun at all. Hopefully I can finish it one day so I can get to MOTB that everyone loves.