What you did today

Tale

That stream was a bit meh, too spammy with all the jackals in the chat and them picking stupid stuff to respond to. Although Sawyer did answer some good questions when he wasn't drowned out by all the yelling tipsy people.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

There was a fair few people in just the Twitch stream, and then there was the Ustream and kickstarter comments.. so at the rapid pace they were flying by I imagine it was fairly hard to focus on many.

Which unfortunately left the mass repeats of "greenshirtgirl" swamp over. There was a certain degree of comedy to some of them, but when you just had hammering of "its not a party unless there are boobs!" it did make you want to slap people. Especially when serious or interesting questions got dissapeared in the morass.

Although with Twitch having put it up on the main page apparently, there seemed to be a number of folk who had no idea what Project Eternity was turning up in the stream and asking random comments about what it was, and what was going on and why were we watching people get drunk.

It's kind of a shame there weren't any moderation to filter it all, even if the majority was taken with a grain of salt and in the name of general good humour.

Edit: The amusing thing would be if they turned the cameras on this morning and recorded just what state everyone is in when they stagger through the offices when they turn up....

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Best way to view happy people though, over a camera. They freak me out in person.

Trying to think up a good learning project to do with C++ today.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Best way to view happy people though, over a camera. They freak me out in person.

Trying to think up a good learning project to do with C++ today.

The simple things of small programs to reverse strings or more complicated type of learning projects?

Well am trying to brush up on the language, doing little silly exercises or some problems from ACSL back in the day, but a nice small project might be cool to do.

Listening to some fave 80's tunes while I get ready to endure some governmental offices and other errands. The past couple days of Obsidian streams have left me rushing to catch up on real-life stuff for the rest of the week. But it was worth it. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Good to be back, however briefly.

I'd apologise, but I'm sure you've been getting on splendidly.

I've been rushed completely out of my mind with my new work. I've lost weight, but also hair. Much more cynical. Still moderate idealism. Don't drink nearly as much.

I completely missed this in yesterday's Kickstarter excitement. So glad to see you, Walsh, even if it's for a brief visit. Place just isn't the same without you! :)

Sounds like the new work is driving you hard. Hope it's worth it and you're enjoying it in some fashion nonetheless. You can always buy a toupee. :biggrin: Hugs!

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Oh and for those who wanted to peruse it, Twitch will have the whole thing up for watching for a little bit longer. http://www.twitch.tv...ian/b/335806140

Edit: I have to admit, I'm half tempted to send a bottle of vodka to the Obsidian offices when I get some free budget with a "Compliments on the repeated Wooooo-ing that broke headphones" in a few weeks.. :shifty:

Edited by Raithe

Lunch, more errands, then maybe try to see if I can find a game that will hold my attention for more than 10 minutes. If not, I'll probably snuggle-torture the cats instead.

Edit: arrrgh procrastination. Now I really gotta fly....

Aside from work, writing. I've been writing for the past three days, played almost no games. Nothing serious, just trying to improve.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

You're retiring and going to a retirement home soon LadyCrimson? :huh:

Heh...no, it's a family thing. :)

I'm a bit more cheerful tonight than I have been in a long time. I played some New Vegas and ate some seven layer dip a dear friend brought over to me. I don't kid myself about hard days in the future, but tonight, life. is. good. Memories are good. The only sad thing is hearing that Wash is having to cut back on the libations, but I'll try to make up the difference my good man!

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

It's possible I might have been playing too much New Vegas of late. I had somewhat odd dreams of chasing an old girlfriend around some post-apocalyptic city and always just missing her whenever I arrived somewhere.... :blink:

The morning start has been groggy as all get out. And the grey skies and scattering rain isn't helping any.

Another aimless day, but it's bookstore day so not that awful.

Spent time with kids, took them to the movies, bought crap for them, ate at mc donalds, made pancakes, etc. Have taken the week off to spend the autumn vacation with my kids. Catching up on some writing and social networking too.

"Politicians. Little tin gods on wheels". -Rudyard Kipling. A European Fallout timeline? Dont mind if I do!

Aside from work, writing. I've been writing for the past three days, played almost no games. Nothing serious, just trying to improve.

might i ask about what you're writing?

One is a story about a Halfing Paladin, followed by a critical re-examination of the previous story suggesting that it is actually a popular myth combining several stories and exaggerations. Another is a story about an otherwise insignificant military officer with a backstabbing addiction. Or maybe he just hates both the people he was hired to spy on and the people he was hired to spy for.

Today I'm thinking I'll write about fantasy thieves. I'm thinking a thief with a conscience. In which he steals from a little old lady, feels really bad about it, returns it, and begs to be jailed.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."