What are you playing now? Part 3'ish

I have to say, one mildly aggravating bit about Sleeping Dogs combat... You get some nice moves to break limbs as you "level" up skills, but apart from the immediate lowering of health, and the intimidation value it does on all other enemies involved, the breakage means nothing. You can break their leg, they'll be stunned for 5 seconds, then its boom, they're back on their feet and dancing around you trying to kick you. I'm not saying they should be "immediate kills" or some such, just that if you break a guys arm, he shouldn't be able to grab up a knife with that arm and attack you with it seconds later...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Sleeping Dogs and Counter-Strike Global Offensive.

Hey Bokishi, what's your name on steam? Mine's SadExchange, at least to be fun to have someone on my friend's list with the game to actually have some added features with competition.

Or rather, anyone on the forums here who would like to add me to their list, feel free.

Edited by SadExchange

I started a new game of JA2 1.13, because the latest unstable release finally has widescreen support.

So RoWa is still fixing the damn thing? :o

No idea. But in it's current form it is at least pretty usable.

Also started playing a bit the Resident Evil Remake again. Have to admit, it is still quite scary if I play it in the dark...

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Finished Book of Unwritten Tales. Not as good as I'd hoped. The ending is pretty anticlimactic, too.

But I liked how they handled puzzle logic. Still had problems with pixel hunting. And the humor was decent, not exceptional.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I was in EB games today and was thinking about picking up Sleeping Dogs, but there's just something about it that makes me think it'll be one of those games I never finish. I really can't put my finger on why that is. Maybe I'm expecting it to be similar to Grand Theft Auto, and I've yet to finish a single GTA game.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I was in EB games today and was thinking about picking up Sleeping Dogs, but there's just something about it that makes me think it'll be one of those games I never finish. I really can't put my finger on why that is. Maybe I'm expecting it to be similar to Grand Theft Auto, and I've yet to finish a single GTA game.

I don't really consider finishing GTA games to be the point. For me it is more about having a fun sandbox to jump in and cause mayhem for awhile. I've never finished a GTA and it doesn't bother me at all, I still buy them.

On the final mission of Thief 2, Expert. Very good game, especially since the pagan stuff is kept to a minimum. Loved walking on the wooden beams on the ceiling, abseiling down with vine arrows to grab the masks without triggering the gas traps.

Controls much better than GTA and fights are inspired by the Rocksteady developed Batman games. Driving is arcadey and not like GTA. I've only done 2 missions that involve gunplay, but I haven't done many story missions. It's also not as long as GTA games, so it is unlikely to overstay its welcome.

Controls much better than GTA and fights are inspired by the Rocksteady developed Batman games. Driving is arcadey and not like GTA. I've only done 2 missions that involve gunplay, but I haven't done many story missions. It's also not as long as GTA games, so it is unlikely to overstay its welcome.

Hmm.. interesting to hear. Still have a gut feeling it'll be a game I don't get my money's worth out of though. But maybe when I've run out of stuff to play and it's my last resort, I might change my tune.

I don't really consider finishing GTA games to be the point. For me it is more about having a fun sandbox to jump in and cause mayhem for awhile. I've never finished a GTA and it doesn't bother me at all, I still buy them.

I'm the opposite. I play games for the story, and finishing said story is one of the main things that allows me to enjoy the entire experience. If I give up on a game's story before I've finished it, it's essentially me giving up on a game because I became bored with it. Running around causing mayhem gets old real quick for me, so eventually the game's main story has to keep my interest.

Oddly enough though, it's the difficulty of some of the later missions in the GTA series that cause me to quit, not necessarily the actual story. Especially the ones that involve shooting, I get frustrated because of just how lousy the shooting mechanics (IMO) are in the GTA games. That, combined with the missions where you have to keep someone else alive or you fail.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Finished Sleeping Dogs. Loads of fun and the story was pretty good too. There were a few weak spots, but overall it was a good story. It also has a decent length even if you only stick to the main story missions. Gunplay was fun, if a bit one-note.

Wouldn't mind a potential sequel.

Still Arkham City.

Loved the fake "everyone dies" ending with the credits rolling over the screen.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I'm the opposite. I play games for the story, and finishing said story is one of the main things that allows me to enjoy the entire experience. If I give up on a game's story before I've finished it, it's essentially me giving up on a game because I became bored with it. Running around causing mayhem gets old real quick for me, so eventually the game's main story has to keep my interest.

Well one of the interesting quirks about Sleeping Dogs is that you're an undercover cop, so running around causing mayhem in general isn't something that's pushed at you. In fact, if you do it while performing any of the missions you actually get penalised. So causing random destruction, accidentally killing innocents.. all lose you "Police Points" that you earn during missions to improve certain skills. You don't even earn "Triad" points for doing those sorts of things, you only earn Triad points on story missions and via combat and funky environmental kills and suchlike.

But if you like story, especially those classic Hong Kong Action/Thriller types.. then the game is good for that. It's supposed to take around 14-17 hours to play through just the story side of the game. So that's not counting the assorted extras you can do.

Hm, does the ending actually change any if you don't do the extra police case files available?

I finished it off, but I don't really feel a need to replay it and avoid them just to see...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

It sounds right up my alley - I've been on an Asian cinema kick for most of the year. Too bad I've been buying too many nondescript games simply because they're cheap, or else I'd be playing Sleeping Dogs already. I just need to finish a few more games before buying anymore and it seems to take me forever to beat games as of late. I'm not sure how some of you do it.

Hm, does the ending actually change any if you don't do the extra police case files available?

I finished it off, but I don't really feel a need to replay it and avoid them just to see...

I think they are part of the main story.

God do I hate the predator challenges in Batman: Arkham City. The combat challenges are fun, but the predator challenges just piss me off.

I just don't bother with them, same as AA.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

God do I hate the predator challenges in Batman: Arkham City. The combat challenges are fun, but the predator challenges just piss me off.

I just don't bother with them, same as AA.

When I've finished the game, I like to then go back and finish off as many achievements as I can. Unfortunately, I need to finish a bunch of the predator challenges to reach the silver achievement, as there just aren't enough medals available in combat challenges to reach that alone.

Well, I just finished AC myself. I figured I still had a lot of game as the main game was still at 60%, but apparently that last 40% was very compressed or something, and it's all over now.

All that remains is finishing up sidequest (75% complete), riddle throphies (80% complete) and joker challenges (3% complete, doubt I'll bother much with it anyway). Anyone has any clue what the ??? under the catwoman stats is for?

^