What are you playing now? Part 3'ish

I wonder whether people complained about Assassin's Creed 2's ending back in the day? It's almost on the same level as ME3's Star Child.

But at least you get to beat up the Pope.

I thought the AC2 ending was hilarious, but it wasn't a big surprise since the first game's ending was no better.

I wonder whether people complained about Assassin's Creed 2's ending back in the day? It's almost on the same level as ME3's Star Child.

Minerva didn't tell me that polymaths are going to destroy Assassins and I must choose to either kill DaVinci or join with DaVinci to avert an apocalypse.

So she's not nearly as bad. She's just a silly twist ending.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

A silly twist that had some sort of connection to the gameworld (the secret glyphs you'd been finding throughout the game started leading you towards the idea of something like that early on).

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Dark Souls = Worst port ever!

Is 1024x720 at 30fps not good enough for mister fifty screens? :lol:

Joking aside, I agree, worst port ever, thankfully someone has made a resolution patch, maybe they can fix the framerate too.

Seriously that 1024x720 is lower res than what I was playing 12 years ago! Luckly that patch lets me set whatever res I want, so I bumped it up to 4k and it looks really good now

Edited by Bokishi

Dark Souls = Worst port ever!

Is 1024x720 at 30fps not good enough for mister fifty screens? :lol:

Joking aside, I agree, worst port ever, thankfully someone has made a resolution patch, maybe they can fix the framerate too.

Seriously that 1024x720 is lower res than what I was playing 12 years ago! Luckly that patch lets me set whatever res I want, so I bumped it up to 4k and it looks really good now

1280x720 is the standard console HD resolution. You guys have been depriving yourselves of a whole extra 176 column pixels!

It's not like they lied about it not being a direct port and bragged about all the wonderful improvements made for the glorious PC Gaming Master Race- whose magnificent contribution was a petition that got all but the Euro retail version saddled with the DRM scheme they like and the DRM scheme they dislike; ta muchly, everyone involved.

It's a bad port only if it doesn't work properly on PC, if it works exactly like the console version then it's actually a perfect, though unimproved, port.

• Like 1

It's as stupid as saying a PC game ported to an Xbox 360 with the keyboard and mouse controls intact is a perfect port.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I don't have anything invested in this and I'm not even a fan of the game, I just hate lacklustre ports, translating the gameplay intact is good but surely this should be a minimum requirement and not something praiseworthy...it just seems to me that the two things you don't port from a bloody console game are the resolution and framerate :lol:

It's far from the worst port ever, but expecting a good port of a game that was build for consoles only is weird thinking. Namco just wants to make more money so they took the cheapest route, and you can't really get a good port from people who have never made PC games.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Complaining about a PC port, which would never be made without company deciding to listen to their customers and and create port, which was never intended to be made in a first place, looks to me little bit contraproductive... Would you be happier if Namco would rather decide going the **** you way and dismissed all the gamers who would like to enjoy this game without buying any console?

I am thankful that there are still companies who values their customers that much, that they are not affraid to take some risks... Though I do own the game on PS3...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

It's as stupid as saying a PC game ported to an Xbox 360 with the keyboard and mouse controls intact is a perfect port.

A PC will work with a gamepad 100% fine and a lot of PC gamers actually have one and game with them- while a 360 won't handle a KB&M set up at all. For that reason a 'perfect' port may be done one way but not the other unless, of course, the PC game was designed with gamepad support in which case no problems, 'perfect' port possible.

If you don't like that approach then the recourse is simply not to buy, it's not like anyone can really say they've been misinformed about what the port was and was not doing- in fact I'd say they've been more honest than pretty much anyone else would be. I'm sure we've all seen Optimised for PC!!!! lists which contain a whole lot of questionable claims, if not outright lying, and I'm all for people being honest about their products. Buying and then complaining about stuff that was already known about is, well, a bit unfair IMO.

Complaining about a PC port, which would never be made without company deciding to listen to their customers and and create port, which was never intended to be made in a first place, looks to me little bit contraproductive... Would you be happier if Namco would rather decide going the **** you way and dismissed all the gamers who would like to enjoy this game without buying any console?

I am thankful that there are still companies who values their customers that much, that they are not affraid to take some risks... Though I do own the game on PS3...

But I already have a 360 and a PS3, which I use to play console exclusive titles. When I decided to wait for the rumored pc version of dark souls, I was waiting for a game that would take advantage of very basic and fundamental pc features that make its games superior experiences to consoles, such as higher hd resolutions and frame rate. When this pc game only offers the EXACT same experience of the Xbox game, down to its jaggy resolution, then what a waste it was to wait. Should have just got the Xbox game when it came out instead.

• Like 1

Finished up Harley Quinn's Revenge. Solid DLC. Not nearly as open world as the main game, but still fun. I also like being able to play as Robin. It would have been cool to have more missions as him in the main campaign, similar to the Catwoman parts.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

The "good" thing about the Dark Souls PC port is that the devs put the cards on the table, take it or leave it. That's good, because I can now ignore the port.

The Darksiders II devs promised a lot of things for the PC version, but those things are nowhere to be found. They lied through their teeth. Naughty.

i want the dark souls port so i can cheat (only a little!), the game was too hard for me to finish on ps3 (got to the 4 kings but couldnt beat them), but i really want to go through to completion and i can use mods etc on pc to make it easier (but not too easy, dont want to ruin the experience)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

But I already have a 360 and a PS3, which I use to play console exclusive titles. When I decided to wait for the rumored pc version of dark souls, I was waiting for a game that would take advantage of very basic and fundamental pc features that make its games superior experiences to consoles, such as higher hd resolutions and frame rate. When this pc game only offers the EXACT same experience of the Xbox game, down to its jaggy resolution, then what a waste it was to wait. Should have just got the Xbox game when it came out instead.

That is tbh your problem. You would be right to complain about for example GTA 4, because it was from beginning made for PS3, Xbox360 and PC. That was one of the ****iest PC ports ever made... But the PC version of Dark Souls was made just as a service for fans very long time after original release. I never buy PC version. If these fans who wanted the game will whine and complain a lot, that might be the last time, some console only developer would listen to his fans...

That is tbh your problem. You would be right to complain about for example GTA 4, because it was from beginning made for PS3, Xbox360 and PC. That was one of the ****iest PC ports ever made... But the PC version of Dark Souls was made just as a service for fans very long time after original release. I never buy PC version. If these fans who wanted the game will whine and complain a lot, that might be the last time, some console only developer would listen to his fans...

What platform was the game originally aimed at should not concern the player.

If the basic standard of consoles is HD graphics then a game on the platform should support it.

If PC standard is variable resolution framebuffer then the port should handle it as well.

That this port was made as a response to the fans doesn't change anything as they will be a minority of the PC consumers.

And I seriously doubt they meant to say that software quality is irrelevant to them.

That this port was made as a response to the fans doesn't change anything as they will be a minority of the PC consumers.

Actually this is the reason why it should matter, because the company did take the risk and make the game despite the fans being the minority of PC consumers...

That I call excellent care for fans and customers...

Actually this is the reason why it should matter, because the company did take the risk and make the game despite the fans being the minority of PC consumers...

That they are being sold a product not up to the platform standards is excellent care?

I suppose it's the 'happy for an empty glass' approach.

That they are being sold a product not up to the platform standards is excellent care?

I suppose it's the 'happy for an empty glass' approach.

Nope, but I look at the glass as half-full rather than half-empty...

And I take any time a game with lower than standard resolution and higher than standard gameplay over the ****e in high resolution produced by Activision, EA and Ubisoft anyday...

Edited by Mamoulian War

Spent a brief foray into Space Marines, then went and helped out some guildies in TOR for a short piece of the evening..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."