What are you playing now? Part 3'ish

God do I hate the predator challenges in Batman: Arkham City. The combat challenges are fun, but the predator challenges just piss me off.

I just don't bother with them, same as AA.

When I've finished the game, I like to then go back and finish off as many achievements as I can. Unfortunately, I need to finish a bunch of the predator challenges to reach the silver achievement, as there just aren't enough medals available in combat challenges to reach that alone.

Predator challenges are where the real fun is. If you can't even get all medals at the simplest ones, you really must suck at playing this game.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Predator challenges are where the real fun is. If you can't even get all medals at the simplest ones, you really must suck at playing this game.

How is that where the "real fun" is? You go onto a map and do three different gadget challenges. It's the least fun aspect of the entire game. The main story is the best part, and the combat challenges are for fans of "beat 'em up" style fighting games. The predator challenges are like taking the most annoying aspect of the other modes and making them the basis for the mode.

Also, not sure how not being able to get all the medals on the simplest one means someone sucks at the game as a whole. I've finished the main campaign on normal and halfway through on hard right now, not having any actual trouble when use of those gadgets were called upon in those situations in the main story. But the difference being I can usually CHOOSE when to use those gadgets. I don't get told to use 3 different gadgets on a map and fail (or not get medals) if I kill the enemies any other way.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

How is that where the "real fun" is? You go onto a map and do three different gadget challenges. It's the least fun aspect of the entire game. The main story is the best part, and the combat challenges are for fans of "beat 'em up" style fighting games. The predator challenges are like taking the most annoying aspect of the other modes and making them the basis for the mode.

Also, not sure how not being able to get all the medals on the simplest one means someone sucks at the game as a whole. I've finished the main campaign on normal and halfway through on hard right now, not having any actual trouble when use of those gadgets were called upon in those situations in the main story. But the difference being I can usually CHOOSE when to use those gadgets. I don't get told to use 3 different gadgets on a map and fail (or not get medals) if I kill the enemies any other way.

Because you have user your brain a little more, plan stuff, experiment with all the gadgets while being reasonably limited by goals. And when you succed you feel proud and most of us try to improve our time and get even better.

The only challenging and fun part in story mode is the battle with Freeze on hard. So finishing the game on normal is pretty much the easiest part, hard is just repeating everything with slightly longer boss battles. So yes you suck if you can't use your "skills" from story mode to finish those simple tasks.

Combat challenges for fans of beat em up? Maybe the train level where you're actually progressing through wagons to the boss, but not most of the maps. Besides where's the fun when noone can touch you ,because you have the space and tools to deal with anything they might throw at you ,with ease.

The "least fun" aspect of the game is mixing combat and predator challenges and adding mutators, the so called campaign challenges. But with the right plan even those can be entertaining.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Mjek, you seem to be missing something here. GoA explained why he didn't like a part of the game. You explained why you did enjoy it. That's great, you both gave some good information and it was nice for me to read since I've recently started playing the game. But when you revert to insults it comes across as childish and unnecessary. It weakens your whole post, because now the focus is on that instead of the actual content.

Then he'll just have to ignore it. And do tell what to say to someone who fails the "I dare to prove your skills" challenges and hates them for it?

Because he doesn't find the stealth challenges fun.

Unlike the combat ones they are actually quite boring.

Then he'll just have to ignore it. And do tell what to say to someone who fails the "I dare to prove your skills" challenges and hates them for it?

Who said I "failed" the predator challenges? I said they piss me off, and that I find them more annoying than fun. The ones I did bother to do, I got all 3 medals on each of the maps I tried (Only have 3 left, but didn't bother with them because I earned enough medals for my silver achievement after doing the ones I did). So it's not that I can't do them, it's that II simply don't find those types of game modes entertaining.

I just found it strange that you arbitrarily decide one aspect of the game makes one good at the game. It would be like saying someone sucks at Call of Duty because they find those timed obstacle courses boring or frustrating, even though they've finished the main campaign on veteran and have a 2:1 kill/death ratio in multiplayer.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Seems people with various tastes still all liked AC. Which is good, no?

Personally I find the combat nice, predator utterly boring.

But most of all, I just played for the story, the riddler throphies and didn't bother much with riddler challenges at all, AC and AA alike.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Some Space Pirates and Zombies and much AirBuccaneers HD. It has had a small popularity boost recently so if anyone tried it and put it away because no one was playing, now is a good time to give it another go. Useful site for catching those big games: http://www.rawcritics.com/community/tools/isanyoneonairbuccaneers/

SODOFF Steam group.

I got all the riddles in AA, but I didn't care for them in AC. Probably because I enjoyed the level design in AA much more.

Seconded. I am having a bit of trouble with nausea in AC, which I did not have in AA.

Uh oh. AC has been on my to-play list for quite awhile, and AA did give me occasional wooziness issues. The camera swings while swooping around and especially when dropping into the "hanging" posture seemed to be what bothered me the most. It got better after I got into the game a bit, though-- once I got used to the animations, I trained myself to focus my vision elsewhere while they were playing. (I also do this whenever Geralt climbs up or down a ledge in Witcher 2.)

And the riddles were totally the best part of AA. (Also, I never felt the urge to do any of the challenges.)

Anyhow, I've just reached Malachor in my KotOR2/TSLRCM playthrough.

Edited by Enoch

Played a bit of FO:NV last night (since I couldn't sleep anyway), finishing off most of X13 and X8 (almost done previously) in Old World Blues. Not sure what to expect from "Unusual Specimens"...

Only thing I would wish for at this point in time is less robo-scorpions. Sort of overdone/tedious already. I love the stealth armour Mk II though, if just for the comments/remarks.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein