Movies you've seen recently

Tale

i didnt really care for benjamin button. a little too "oscar bait: the movie." for my tastes.

i like comic book movies, keep em coming.

edit: so long as we see more like the batman trilogy, kick ass, avengers, iron man. and fewer like captain america, xmen 3, and iron man 2

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I can't make up my mind on the new Batman. There were bits I liked and bits that just..didn't feel right. I'm not sure where it ended up balancing.

I actually worked through the "Harper's Island" mini-series last week during my lack of internet. That was quite decent. 13 episodes to tell one serious horror/murder mystery style thing.

Almost like a slasher film, just done in 13 45 minute episodes, with a lot more plot, intelligence and character to it. Along with the "who'se going to get killed and how in this episode?" vibe to it..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I want more war movies.

I second that as long as its pre-WW2.

Saw Wrath of the Titans. Needed to be longer. Felt rushed. Also, since they're planning a sequel and all the gods are dead. WTF do they plan on doing?

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The Hobbit has officially been extended to three movies.

They've been putting in appendices material from Return of the King to help flesh out what Gandalf was doing around this time, so I think they have enough to work with.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'd go for that if it wasn't 90% of the action genre right now. People seem to have forgotten how to make Action Movies without putting people in a costume.

Are The Expendables super heroes?

Netflix had a lot of the Hellraiser films on instant, so I watched the first three again. Y'know, I loved those movies back when. Sure they weren't much, even for low-budget horror, but that Pinhead was awesome, and in those years, the effects were still kinda gross, if y'know what I mean. But seeing them again now....they have not aged well. At all. Except, Pinhead is still awesome.

Edit: I read that they kept hoping to reboot the Hellraiser franchise. Which might not be an awful idea, except that I can't see anybody but Doug Bradley as Pinhead.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The Hobbit has officially been extended to three movies. http://www.facebook....151114596546558

They've been putting in appendices material from Return of the King to help flesh out what Gandalf was doing around this time, so I think they have enough to work with.

There is no justification for making the Hobbit a trilogy FFS.

sonsofgygax.JPG

I'd go for that if it wasn't 90% of the action genre right now. People seem to have forgotten how to make Action Movies without putting people in a costume.

Are The Expendables super heroes?

Netflix had a lot of the Hellraiser films on instant, so I watched the first three again. Y'know, I loved those movies back when. Sure they weren't much, even for low-budget horror, but that Pinhead was awesome, and in those years, the effects were still kinda gross, if y'know what I mean. But seeing them again now....they have not aged well. At all. Except, Pinhead is still awesome.

Edit: I read that they kept hoping to reboot the Hellraiser franchise. Which might not be an awful idea, except that I can't see anybody but Doug Bradley as Pinhead.

They've already made 30 or so sequels for even less money seeking to trade in on name recognition. Are people really going to believe that the next Hellraiser will be good. Regardless of how much money they pump into it,

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

There is no justification for making the Hobbit a trilogy FFS.

1) It's not just the Hobbit. It's also Dol Guldur.

2) Hobbit was a very dense book. It rushed through scenes, had more characters than it bothered to characterize, and didn't it skip over a major war by making the main character go unconcious?

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Trespass. It was on Netflix instant so what the heck.

I was sadly disappointed, however, because Nicholas Cage played it fairly straight (as the threatened father) in this one. Sure, he did some yelling, but it wasn't that great over the top, hammy, Cage yelling. Afterwards, hubby said he thought it would have worked better if Cage had been the main burglar/bad guy, so he could yell stuff like "Where's the money! Where's the monEY! Where's the MONeY!" over and over etc. Now that would have been entertainment.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Cat Run.

A movie that can't quite decide if it's a comedy or a thriller or what..

Catalina, a single mother who happens to be a hooker is hired for an orgy in Montenegro - with an Eastern European Weapons Dealer as the host - and a corrupt US Senator who accidentally kills one of the girls, which results in the security attempting to kill all the girls there as part of a cover up... Cat manages to get out and goes on the run with evidence of what happened, whilst the bad guys try to find her, the evidence and destroy it all.

The unlikely heroes of the piece being a couple of young Americans who are just opening a private detective agency in the area and get involved trying to find Cat thinking her father will reward them..

Add a seeker/assassin who is basically a very cold, "evil" version of Mary Poppins who hunts them for half the film, before ending up trying to protect them becaus she gets crossed by the people who hired her..

Some amusing moments, but the fact that it can't seem to make up it's mind of exactly what its trying to be loses it points. The actors are playing characters too straight for it to be comedy, but they're a bit too wacky/out-there or overacted to be part of a proper thriller.

Really? I liked it. It was a better Indiana Jones movie than the last Indiana Jones movie.

Agreed. It was a nice enough change from the other super hero films out there, Nazi's make the best villians.

Still; I did like "As far as my Feet will Carry me" even if it was about Nazi.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

The Dark Knight Rises. It was good, very good, but not as good as I've read heard somke people say it is. In the end, it was longer than it needed to be.

Safehouse. It was good, but very predictable. I told the friend I was watching with what I thought would happen, and I was almost right on all accounts.

I told the friend I was watching with what I thought would happen, and I was almost right on all accounts.

That's how I've been feeling about almost all films/TV for years. :(

....been watching Malcom in the Middle from the beginning on Netflix. Mostly for Bryan Cranston. The show itself is only so-so, but he's hilarious. What a great actor ... from neurotic dad in a weird family comedy to Walter White.

Has anyone else ever thought that the line :

"And these blast points, too accurate for Sandpeople. Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise."

Has to have become the most unintentional bad joke of film history?

Are you trying to imply that stormtroopers can't hit the broadside of a bantha?