What you did today

Tale

Trying to ponder what exactly has me in the mood to put Clint Mansell's score of "The Fountain" on loop and get quietly drunk today.

Not actually doing that, but that seems to be the lurking urge loitering in the background.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Trying to ponder what exactly has me in the mood to put Clint Mansell's score of "The Fountain" on loop and get quietly drunk today.

Not actually doing that, but that seems to be the lurking urge loitering in the background.

I have a yearning for a greasy burger. Which I might give in to. Hilton bacon burger? Hmm.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I have a yearning for a greasy burger. Which I might give in to. Hilton bacon burger? Hmm.

There's a kebab shop just down the road that does an amazingly unhealthy but darn tasty "super-burger" - just over 3/4 pounds of meat (that you hope is beef), cheese, onions, assorted salad-type between the layers..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

i think i'll take up drinking today. to pick up monte's slack.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

63000 words. Only two chapters left. Will end up around 67k words. On the short side for a novel, but hopefully long enough. I don't want to add padding to it because this sonufabitc is taut as hell. Especially the last act.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Ok. I don't know how. But somehow I just finished it.

65,341 words.

the last couple chapters flew by a lot faster than I'd planned, but it feels right. maybe tomorrow when I read it again I'll want to add more detail to the last few chapters, but for now. WOW. I haven't felt this good since finishing exams after a semester of law school. Im not as exhilarated as I did when I passed the bar exam, but of course, passing the bar was a hell of a lot harder (and a much larger accomplishment) than writing this 1st draft has been.

Congrats Entrix! You should hire an editor to give it a read through before you start making revisions. Good luck shopping it around when you're ready. Hopefully you can sell it. It would be cool if someone on this board could finally get published.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I never knew that!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Hasn't Monte Carlo already had books published, as well ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Thanks guys! I'm going to do 1 review at latest before I let others read it, but after that I'd like more feedback so insight hire an editor or at least have monte read my first couple chapters to give me some general advice before I'm ready to talk even to an agent

Edit also I'm super drunk right now in las Vegas do sorry for any spelling error or other nonseniscals

Edited by entrerix

Why not write a book about a guy trying to write a book so he goes to Vegas to concentrate? The Shining meets Fear and Loathing... meets The Hangover.

I dunno, "concentrate"... maybe to get a good mental flushing so he can concentrate? Apart from that, aces. :p

Samsung Gallaxy S3 came in the post today. I can now lord my hipster status over my Iphone peasant friends. The screen makes web browsing enjoyable. The keyboard is for tiny tiny fingers though logging in here took ages. Why didn't they do a large transparent one.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Why not write a book about a guy trying to write a book so he goes to Vegas to concentrate? The Shining meets Fear and Loathing... meets The Hangover.

Make the protaganist a suicidal drunk and you sprinkle in a little Leaving Las Vegas. Hmmmm I smell a best seller!

Thomas Sowell

It's amusing to see my old, tiny 10speed bike sitting right next to my hubby's gigantic old bike (he bought a used one recently, fixing it up). Mine has something like 20-21" tires with the top frame bar being maybe only 27" off the ground, and his has 27" tires, but a much larger/higher frame than typical for that size. He really wanted 29" tires but they don't seem to make those too often.

Hubs took my bike apart and carried just the main frame into a bike shop (he needed help getting a bolt loose) and they looked at it, looked at him, and then apparently said "this frame is really small, this isn't for you, is it?" :lol:

(edit: mine's 27-28" off ground, not 29-30, changed it)

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Celebrated a bit on the Friday at work. Everybody having achieved their goals for annual growth and increase in revenue, it was time to find beer, wine and take away dinner to celebrate Happy Financial New Year :sorcerer:

Nothing fancy, but it's nice stopping a bit early at the end of the week and enjoy some beers and what have you with your colleagues. Not that we don't do that bit every Friday, but the nice lunch and dinner in the evening meant no hurry to get home. Of course, I'm still in the final stages of one major project and halfway through another one, so it will be a bit of a relief going on leave at the end of the month. I should probably start figuring out what's worth seeing/visiting while in Hong Kong.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Samsung Gallaxy S3 came in the post today. I can now lord my hipster status over my Iphone peasant friends.

Who're the hipsters now, Samsung? :p