What you did today

Tale

Germany vs. England is only possbile in the semifinale/finale. But let England first get over the group stage. No matter what, we are gonna destory the English team.

I don't see England getting by the Group C folk. If it's Croatia, maybe.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The cup might as well be given to Spain right now. They're the only team that has truly impressed.

Germany has traditionally played to win, not to impress, so I'm not discounting them, either. Plus I get tired of the Spanish-fellation that's been going for the past decade or something. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I wouldn't agree with the point that only Spain have impressed. Germany look like they're finally in gear - and they have yet to play those 3 big young stars. France has really impressed me, sure I watched them play against England and Ireland, but that is one talented squad, easy on the eye to watch.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

They sure do ride their luck, so never know. That was a pretty decent game.

Well the relatives are back for anther two weeks...

And there is something decidedly odd about the turnabout when a parent is so ill that you're the one putting them to bed...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Gorgeous weather this weekend, as long as you don't have to do any vigorous physical activity (90F+). Put cushions on the old rickety wood patio loungers, a small table with a drink, a book, a cat by the feet, some shade trees....loverly.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well the relatives are back for anther two weeks...

And there is something decidedly odd about the turnabout when a parent is so ill that you're the one putting them to bed...

:(

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Man that was brutal. I think we had two chances in the whole affair.

Wasn't that bad, I was worried that Denmark would sneak a goal (from Bendtner of all people..). Did like this fan's reaction

icamevnyng.gif

Must be an interesting job, camera man at a Euro/WC.

Ran 4km today. Felt like I could run another 4, but that might not have been wise. I'm trying to make running everyday a habit. I tried lifting weights, but an injury to my left shoulder basically prevents me from ever doing it properly. I haven't lost many kilos these last couple of months, but I do feel much healthier. Had someone told me at the start of the year that I would be able to run 4kn, I would have laughed them in the face.

Sometimes all you want is to be needed, and all you need is to be wanted... and yet you feel neither.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I swear there wis a guy on staff whose only job was to find attractive german girls in the crowd.

A college roommate of mine once worked as an usher in a Major League Baseball stadium. By his account, "look for pretty girls in the audience" is pretty much what all the cameramen do with any time when they weren't required to be following the play on the field.

• Like 1

I dunno, sounds like that girl you posted about earlier needs a friend in you.

Not really, she's seventeen and seems like she'd prefer me not "creeping" on her

"We'll just get some of those cheap hotdogs, buns, canned mandarin oranges at CostCo."

...later....

Meatballs, two kinds of sandwich meat, a huge platter of breakfast pastry thingies, beef jerky, frozen chicken, bread, etc. At least I don't have to go to the grocery store now. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

And youre not into bar hopping and picking up loose women, right? That pretty much exhausts my reservoir of lonely hearts advice.

You have roomies, what are they doing? Go hang with them?

Roomie is out in Norway. Not able to do to much, because I'm taking summer courses, and between those and work, I'm doing 13 hr days And not 13 from wakeup to sleep, that's 13 from starting class to ending work. My feet hurt, my ankles are barely letting me walk, my back is killing me at the end of the day...

And to add to my depression, I'm single, have been forever, and everyone around me is either getting married, starting families or just doing the whole "happy couple" schtick... and honestly, when everything I'm bombarded with is either attractive women who want somebody younger, in better shape, and has money/a respectable job, I see no reason to continue with this sham of a life. I need no reminders of how I "should" be living, or of how far from it I am pitched in my face, but even the act of trying to watch tv ****s me up at this point.

As it is right now I"m staring at 600 mg of benadryl... debating.

Edited by Calax

I went through a pretty bad stage in life a while back. My first career flopped, my business failed, my wife left me, I lost my house, and I was dead broke and nearly ruined in debt. All this within a span of 9 months or so. I got through it by getting massively drunk a lot. Then I discovered Baldurs Gate and pretty soon I felt more friends with the characters in that game than with folks in real life. Then one day I just woke up and it was over. I was fine and life moved on. You are in a dark tunnel right now but don't ever doubt one day you won't be. It'd be a shame to not be here when that day comes. As for relationships, they come and they go. It sounds like a cliche and it will no doubt piss you off to hear it but it's true. It sounds trite to say "you'll meet someone" but you will.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell