Mass Effect 3

Gorth

You're basically saying "I disliked the old system because I don't like strategy in my shooter."

In ME 1, my shock trooper soldier popped immunity and ran around like an idiot while firing a continuous stream of bullets from her assault rifle. On several occasions, I spent fights petting my cat while Liara and Tali killed everything.

In some game, a short global cool down vs longer individual cooldowns would be strategic, but ME 1 was not that game.

Gorgon is a dirty pirate. *fingerpoint*

Back to ME3. Does anybody know which time exactly the demo will be up, for Origin at least? Why can't the US be in the east instead in the west?

I recall the Dragon Age II demo went live at around 2 PST. They always seem to run into technical difficulties.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

In ME 1, my shock trooper soldier popped immunity and ran around like an idiot while firing a continuous stream of bullets from her assault rifle. On several occasions, I spent fights petting my cat while Liara and Tali killed everything.

Indeed, ME1's balance was ****ing horrid, but that's an easily fixed implementation problem, not an innate flaw of the system itself. And, as far as Nepenthe's complaint goes, it only goes to show he must really not have been trying very hard if he found he didn't have enough powers to use back in ME1.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Ehm... ME1 forced you normal... unless you complete the game twice. ME2 you can put the hardest difficulty up from the start (much better).

I am sensing comparing ME1 difficulty 3/5 with ME2 difficulty 5/5 in this thread...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

I think it's fairly obvious they went for a more mainstream approach with ME2. In the end it's not about standards it's about selling as many units as you can (especially true under EA's flag).

Only the best/luckiest games can do both.

FIFA for example is much improved over what it was, but while sports games seem to be getting more involved everything else seems to go the other way.

As one of those mainstream, non-elitist that you some of you so hate (and ironically has been playing Bio-games since the original BG...so not quite from the beginning, but from a while ago), I'm GLAD Bio has made many of their games more appealing to us unwashed masses. Sure there have been some stumbles (DA2...but I still bought it, played it, and finished it), but overall I appreciate how they appeal more for my type of game these days.

Then again, I'm an unwashed unashamed commoner that cheers for the overthrow of the aristocracy and the cause of the common man...so viva la revolution...we're tired of being told to eat cake when we don't even have bread.

:skeptical:

Plus, at the end of the day...as the French Aristocracy found out...there really are more of us then there are of you!

:disguise:

I did enjoy the latest Football/soccer games however. I'm not certain they are actually more involved...but the control and options are better for me overall. I'd say that ME2 would actually be a prime example of keeping quality up...while improving aspects such as gameplay. Whether that translates into larger appeal...hmmm...I guess we'll find out how large an appeal the ME series truly has in 22 days?

Plus, at the end of the day...as the French Aristocracy found out...there really are more of us then there are of you!

Doesn't make you the better ones, only the many ones. Dirty peasants... c020.gif

So, anyone figured out if you need that Origin stuff for the demo? I would still like to try it.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Doesn't make you the better ones, only the many ones. Dirty peasants... c020.gif

Unless our history books lied, the king lost the vote for behead/not behead by 7 votes or so.*

So what's the lesson here exactly?

*Assuming we're talking about the same revolution.

Unless our history books lied, the king lost the vote for behead/not behead by 7 votes or so.*

So what's the lesson here exactly?

*Assuming we're talking about the same revolution.

I don't think the French Revolution really gave the King any votes.. or were muchly concerned about not killing the majority of the aristocracy. They were rather het up at the time.

I believe the vote thing relates to Charles I of England, and how he ended up tried for High Treason and executed after the second civil war and Cromwell's Republic was established.

On the really random historical note, Louis XVI (said French King) was behind sending monies and armaments to America during the war of independence - purely as a method to annoy the English. However it's generally recognised that the success of the American revolution was one of the key elements that helped inspire the French Revolution... Kind of hoisted on his own petard there.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

On the really random historical note, Louis XVI (said French King) was behind sending monies and armaments to America during the war of independence - purely as a method to annoy the English. However it's generally recognised that the success of the American revolution was one of the key elements that helped inspire the French Revolution... Kind of hoisted on his own petard there.

Plans have a way of backfiring sometimes. The Germans did a similar thing when they put Lenin on a train and sent him to Russia to help destabilise the country and hamper Russian war efforts.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Wait, actually looks like the French did vote in quite a similar manner to the English..

On 15 January 1793, the Convention, composed of 721 deputies, voted on the verdict. Given overwhelming evidence of Louis's collusion with the invaders, the verdict was a foregone conclusion

Edited by Raithe

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

For the Origin question, I heard it is available on Steam as well. But yes, if you want to play the demo, Origin works well.

Did you say it was on steam? Just flipped over to check to see if that was right, didn't see it there.

It won't be available on Steam.

And that explains that.

Edited by greylord

Ah well, I might create a disposable email address and sign up for that origin thing. Lets try it out on a virtual pc first and see what it does when installing.

Do you have no EA account whatsoever? The Bioware Social account is the same network.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I have a handful. I just don't remember the passwords anymore. When I reformat my harddrive some day in the near future, I'll probably not be able to play a handful of EA games ;)

For the Origin question, I heard it is available on Steam as well. But yes, if you want to play the demo, Origin works well.

Did you say it was on steam? Just flipped over to check to see if that was right, didn't see it there.

It won't be available on Steam.

And that explains that.

I just located it on Steam, the demo is there too.

I just located it on Steam, the demo is there too.

Just so everyone is clear, I think he's talking about Amalur. It seems so from the Amalur thread.

Mass Effect 3 is not on Steam. Mass Effect 2 is and does have a demo. Mass Effect 3 will not be, nor its demo.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

So can the single-player be played without Origin at all?

Yes, on x360 and ps3. :p

I thought Origin was only required for multiplayer?

I believe they are moving to the same model as Steamworks. I know Kingdoms of Amalur requires Origin to be running.

On the positive side, Origin is pretty unobtrusive, and even seems less resource hungry than Steam.

Wasn't it that you need to activate it over Origin and then you can play without, but you need Origin running for MP?

Can anyone confirm this?

After authorizing the game via Origin, can I remove that crap from my pc and still play the single-player?

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.