RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

that actually looks really cool. it would be REALLY great if they had different class mechs, the very large ones feeling more like traditional giant mechs, and the video here actually just of the smaller types.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Finished The Darkness 2. I stand by my previous positive assessment.

Now, it's ultimately a different beast from The Darkness. Which was a slower game and did the drama better. This one does the action better. If you're curious about a recommendation, I'd mostly recommend to people that they wait a while for price to go down. It's still fairly short, my playtime is 5.8 hours. And it won't achieve the status that the original game did by a long shot. But it's lots of fun.

Onto Amalur.

And after that, I might even do New Game+ in The Darkness 2. Yeah, I did enjoy it that much.

Edit: And I apparently posted this in the wrong thread. Again.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Double Fine looks for funding an adventure game by way of Kickstarter

http://www.kickstart...-fine-adventure

They also nearly reached their 400'000 goal in 1 day.

Interesting are also Avellone's comments

@Dracogen @gamasutra I'm pretty intrigued if this turns out. I hope it does, b/c that's going to open brand new doors for the industry.

Chris Avellone ?@Adam Judging by how fast Double Fine raised over 200k, that's a waaaay more interesting business model than the publisher model.

Edited by C2B

You know, the mech FPS?

Best looking Mech game I've seen since Slave Zero (never tried BF2142). Not sure if it's more fun to play than Unreal though. Coop/Multiplayer?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

You know, the mech FPS?
Best looking Mech game I've seen since Slave Zero (never tried BF2142). Not sure if it's more fun to play than Unreal though. Coop/Multiplayer?
This is a multiplayer game.

You haven't played the MechWarrior games I presume? And check out MechWarrior:Online.

You haven't played the MechWarrior games I presume? And check out MechWarrior:Online.

I think I tried one of them, can't remember if it was the first or second one though. At the time I was in love with an Amiga shareware game though, called BattleForce. A turnbased RPG/Tactical combat hybrid mech game, so I never really looked closer at the "simple" action games of the time.

Slave Zero however had that dystopian "Bladerunner" feel to the city fighting and destructible terrain. Something I'm a bit of a sucker for.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Double Fine looks for funding an adventure game by way of Kickstarter

http://www.kickstart...-fine-adventure

They also nearly reached their 400'000 goal in 1 day.

Interesting are also Avellone's comments

@Dracogen @gamasutra I'm pretty intrigued if this turns out. I hope it does, b/c that's going to open brand new doors for the industry.

Chris Avellone ?@Adam Judging by how fast Double Fine raised over 200k, that's a waaaay more interesting business model than the publisher model.

Over 600k in less than a day! that IS amazing. I would really love to donate for some turnbased RPG made by Avellone and Cain. Or something Baldur's Gate-like.

• Like 1

Update on the double-fine kickstarter

UPDATE: We did it! 100% funded in just over eight hours. You people are amazing! But it's not over yet. The number keeps going up and now the question is just how much news do we want to make with this? We're getting a lot of attention already and it seems like this little project could have an impact beyond itself.

All money raised will go to make the game and documentary better. Additional money means it can appear on more platforms, be translated into more languages, have more music and voice, and an original soundtrack for the documentary, and more!

Your backing and comments have been truly inspiring to me and the team, so on behalf of Double Fine and 2 Player Productions I want to say THANK YOU!!!

I can't wait to see where this thing can go!

Update on the double-fine kickstarter

UPDATE: We did it! 100% funded in just over eight hours. You people are amazing! But it's not over yet. The number keeps going up and now the question is just how much news do we want to make with this? We're getting a lot of attention already and it seems like this little project could have an impact beyond itself.

All money raised will go to make the game and documentary better. Additional money means it can appear on more platforms, be translated into more languages, have more music and voice, and an original soundtrack for the documentary, and more!

Your backing and comments have been truly inspiring to me and the team, so on behalf of Double Fine and 2 Player Productions I want to say THANK YOU!!!

I can't wait to see where this thing can go!

I love it when something like that flies under my radar, what a nice surprise, I'll throw $15 into that hat.

That is pretty neat, always liked Schafer and another adventure games couldn't hurt.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Threw in $15 too, I never finished Psychonauts but I like the venture and I really want to see the whole 'documentary' process.

780k now, they could hit a million, though that's not really a large amount of money for a game.