Merry Christmas!

Gorth

Last minute bimble to the shops. Got all the bits. Pretty decent TV on, plied all the goons with tea, and opened an excellent negro amaro red wine. Probably too much tannin for sipping, but when the leg of lamb with anchovy and rosemary and garlic emerged, went down a treat.

Am now sending off festive emails to all, while the family finish watching Miss Marple on the TV. I was just admiring the leading actress Georgia Moffett, when I realised she's an ex-girlfriend of one of my friends. Lucky bastard!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Just got back from midnight mass. Decided to drag the family along partly out of mischief and partly because when it comes down to it I am Church of England, from school and my role models. I don't take communion because I think it's hypocritical while I support the Army. :) But nice people, and all very friendly. Good message, which unfortunately I left behind. Something about the important bits, and not having a hollow christmas covered in tinsel but which left you dark inside and dark towards others.

Am now emailing friends and family abroad, while we field calls from places where it already... hang on... it _IS_ christmas day.

Enjoying a beer to wet my dry throat.

Merry christmas, all forum and staff.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

No particular Xmas celebration in this house, but Happy Holidays everyone. Hope it's a good one.

I have hubs to myself for 10 days and we're going to be marathon gaming. Ho ho ho!

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Merry Christmas everyone. I've been out playing with the dogs and their new toys, frisbees, balls, and Booda Bone rope toys. I've got the smoker going now making jerky dog treats, and for myself I've got a fresh venison back strap that I'll cut for steaks along with steamed stone crab claws and steamed yellow squash topped off with fresh biscuits I'm making from scratch. For now though I'm going to open an ice cold Sam Adams winter lager and give Dragon Age a look for the first time ever. It's not a perfect Christmas Day, but it sure ain't bad either.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

did the same thing i did for the last 2 christmas'

spent the past few days at a friend's parent's place, lazing about in the sun with booze and board games and far too much food to possibly be consumed

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Whole family, bar me, slept through until midday. Normally they charge about like mentalists. I'm taking this as a massive compliment to my hospitality, food, and preparation of beds.

For myself I'm beginning to get antsy as hell from no gaming, farting, or swearing.

-Elwood Blues