RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

Probably speculation following the announcement that the director was going to finish the project as a freelancer.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Finished Deus Ex: Human Revolution and its DLC. Loved them. Sure, the boss fights kind of sucked (they mostly fixed that in The Missing Link, although I found myself unable to stealth through it due to my incompetence as a stealth player) and the mission areas were smaller than the equivalent ones in the original (but hardly constrictive like, say, Alpha Protocol) and sure, augs are kind of crappily balanced with an emphasis on hacking and non-lethal stealth, but the game is a blast to play. Can wait to see what Eidos Montreal puts out next, especially the team that worked on the title.

EDIT: Oh, and so many callbacks to the original too. To the point that you could think they've overdone it.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

Remember that every time someone tries to claim older games didn't have bugs.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I really don't get the obsession with achievements :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Is this a joke?

http://www.rpgcodex.net/

Dear RPG Codex users,

We have recently had to give serious thought as to whether we could really keep RPGCodex.net going the way it was. We've debated on it for quite some time and, unfortunately, we've decided that the RPG Codex simply could not remain in its popamole state.

We're very grateful for all support we've received from all of you over the past eight years. We've come a long way since being founded in 2002. Working on RPGCodex.net was a great adventure for all of us and an unforgettable journey to the past, through the long and wonderful history of PC RPG's.

In the end, we simply didn't have enough internets to keep going the way we were. We needed over 13,811 moar internets and they weren't coming in fast enough.

You may give internets in memory of the Codex.

This doesn't mean the idea behind RPGCodex.net is gone forever because truthfully, ideas never die. An idea is something you know and when you don't even know what it is you don't know, you can't really lose the things i don't even what is this; as Cleve would say. So we're closing down these forums and website and putting this era behind us as new challenges await.

On a technical note, this week we'll put in place a solution to allow everyone to re-visit their old forum posts. Stay tuned to this page and follow us on Twitter and Facebook for updates - or sexually harass the people at RPGWatch.

All the best,

GOG.com The bros from rpgcodex.net (not .com, that's a different set of bros)

They're happy for all the support you've given them for the past eight years... since they opened in 2002.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

• 2 weeks later...

:ermm:

My current theory is that Bioware have been infiltrated by Anonymous, and they're building up to the greatest lulz in the history of gaming - Teletubbies + Dragon Age.

Couldn't care less as I'm not wasting time/$ on their games anymore, though it will be interesting to see how it sells.

edit: by sells, I mean popularity, my bad.

o_O

Anime

The girl is Cassandra from DA2.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

the title says 'Dragon Age - Blood Mages Crusade' or something

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.