What are you playing now?

Beat Gears of War 3 yesterday. My opinion is unchanged.

Played Solar 2 today. Wow. Becoming a Black Hole was the hard part. If you keep collecting stars, you'll never do it apparently, since the mass distribution won't give any to your neutron stars. Seems counter-intuitive. But I guess they did it that way so people don't go Black Hole if they don't want to.

Edit: Oh, I also purchased and played the indie game No Time To Explain. Hilarious, fun, with absolutely no save feature, runs only in windowed (and maximized) so the cursor will end up out of bounds from time to time, and a gamestopping glitch about halfway through.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I was playing FNV until it started to become crash happy. I may go back to Skyrim.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Playing 'Dead Money'. Just recruited the girl with the low voice acting budget. I suspect things get harder from here on. Also, collecting chips like a maniac for the vending machines. Somebody's been watching too much Star Trek >_

I wonder if I get to keep any of the stuff when leaving the Villa again.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Playing 'Dead Money'. Just recruited the girl with the low voice acting budget. I suspect things get harder from here on. Also, collecting chips like a maniac for the vending machines. Somebody's been watching too much Star Trek >_<

I wonder if I get to keep any of the stuff when leaving the Villa again.

It's not a budget issue! Did you not notice her lack of voice is integral to the bloody plot?

I think having to deal with hints is awesome. I was only annoyed that there were too few wrong options, so you didn't really have to think about what she was trying to say.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

It's not a budget issue! Did you not notice her lack of voice is integral to the bloody plot?

I think having to deal with hints is awesome. I was only annoyed that there were too few wrong options, so you didn't really have to think about what she was trying to say.

I don't know if I would go as far as saying integral (unless something pops up later making it so), but I sort of got it that Christine is Veronica's lost love, which sort of ties in nicely with the background story you get during the "main game". There were some vague hints about a starlet with voice problems in some of the medical records, but it seemed like a MedX addiction, not something that ties in to an Autodoc with a Frankenstein complex.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Finally bought/played Claptrap Revolution DLC. I still like the main game the best, but it had some funny moments. The design wasn't too special, and the "evil" claptraps sounded more amusing on paper. The boss fights were rather punishing, for me, since I was using a xbox controller on the TV. Urgh. Found the "cheat-win" spots each time tho so got thru it.

I did like that it didn't feature driving in cars at all, but like all the DLC's, while I get my $10 worth out of them (and more), won't be replaying it like I do the main game. :shifty:

I hear Borderlands2 will have new characters...and they're changing it a lot seems like. I hope it's still the light fun the first one ending up being.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Getting close to the end (I think) of Dead Money. Gained access to the vault and made my way through some tunnels and catwalks, "killing" and dodging speakers. Met a premature end at the hands of a trio of holograms ;)

Getting close to the end (I think) of Dead Money. Gained access to the vault and made my way through some tunnels and catwalks, "killing" and dodging speakers. Met a premature end at the hands of a trio of holograms ;)

I suppose it's too late to point out that those holograms aren't romanceable?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

You mean, I carried Dean's tuxedo around for nothing?!? :(

I knew there was a reason I still haven't gotten around to buying it! :(

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Did you get 100%? I'm only at 74%.

I enjoy Catwoman but her quick disarm move doesn't function, which makes the 'extreme' challenge maps really hard.

I got my first x100 freeflow multiplier the other night on the Funhouse map.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Yup. I've done everything i could do with Batman and all 3 DLCs (Catwoman, Robin and Nighwing).

Wow.

I enjoy Catwoman but her quick disarm move doesn't function

Can she disarm? I thought she could just do a quick takedown..

Yes, she can disarm with her whip. It's right click to aim + middle mouse button. You're supposed to be able to do a quick disarm with her so you can make it part of a combo, but it's not in the bindings for the PC. I don't know about consoles.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Played a couple hours of War in the North. Adequate for me. But my standards are often considered low. I can't recommend it unless you're a big LOTR fan, maybe not even then. Opinion could easily change once more abilities get unlocked.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Gold, gold! I'm rich!...

Finished Dead Money. Dropped all unessential (i.e. besides holo rifle and assassin suit) stuff and filled my pockets with gold bars. Then pushed the buttons and persuaded Elijah to come and see me. Death being too good for him, I sneaked (snook?) out while he was ranting crossed my fingers, hoping for some very long lasting life support systems to keep him alive for a century or two. That'll teach him to put a collar on Gorth.

Only problem was that my math was a bit off. I had forgotten to take into consideration the weight of my old gear, which got returned to me, leaving me stranded in the SE part of the map with more than 200lbs overweight :)

My traitorous party members had of course other ideas than showing up and give a hand. It was a very long walk back to Lucky 38 o:)

In hindsight, I should just have grabbed ALL the gold.

Gold, gold! I'm rich!...

Finished Dead Money. Dropped all unessential (i.e. besides holo rifle and assassin suit) stuff and filled my pockets with gold bars. Then pushed the buttons and persuaded Elijah to come and see me. Death being too good for him, I sneaked (snook?) out while he was ranting crossed my fingers, hoping for some very long lasting life support systems to keep him alive for a century or two. That'll teach him to put a collar on Gorth.

Only problem was that my math was a bit off. I had forgotten to take into consideration the weight of my old gear, which got returned to me, leaving me stranded in the SE part of the map with more than 200lbs overweight =]

My traitorous party members had of course other ideas than showing up and give a hand. It was a very long walk back to Lucky 38 o:)

Should have taken the perk that allows you to fast travel even when over the weight limit. :)

I only walked out with 3 gold bars. That was all that I could carry on my person without dropping anything else. Two to sell and one to keep as a souvenir.

Good to hear Majek..

Can she disarm? I thought she could just do a quick takedown..

You can't complete some predator missions without disarming opponents.

Yup. I've done everything i could do with Batman and all 3 DLCs (Catwoman, Robin and Nighwing).

Wow.

It fun for the most part, but the figuring out part of how to do predator missions best did become a bit tedious. Next time i'll just go look on youtube. :D

Yes, she can disarm with her whip. It's right click to aim + middle mouse button. You're supposed to be able to do a quick disarm with her so you can make it part of a combo, but it's not in the bindings for the PC. I don't know about consoles.

It's R1 + Triangle on PS3, so it's quite easy to do ( although i did forget about it and then wondered why the whip always takes down the opponent when i want to disarm them xD). Then a quick takedown and run away. :D I did hear there were some problems with it on PC, but i thought they already patched it with some other things.

1.13 killed off Ja2.

You can't complete some predator missions without disarming opponents.

I haven't played all the predator mission, my access to the Xbox was cut short as my flatmate returned o:)

Now I'm just waiting for the game to go on sale on Steam.

But I don't remember doing specific disarm attacks with her, perhaps I just missed it or used it without thinking about it.

Fortune favors the bald.

Finished Bastion. Light on gameplay, but great everything else.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Gold, gold! I'm rich!...

Only problem was that my math was a bit off. I had forgotten to take into consideration the weight of my old gear, which got returned to me, leaving me stranded in the SE part of the map with more than 200lbs overweight =]

Should have taken the perk that allows you to fast travel even when over the weight limit. :)

I only walked out with 3 gold bars. That was all that I could carry on my person without dropping anything else. Two to sell and one to keep as a souvenir.

Why couldn't you just leave some excess stuff in the Bunker that starts the DLC, and come back for it later?