What you did today

Tale

Sounds like the chrome is rubbing off a bit of your life, mate. Don't sweat it. Some things really are solid silver.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Oh the joys of trying to make some inquiries at the department of pensions and general government crud.

The hoops you have to jump through to get a few simple questions answered.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Last night my daughter wanted to watch some Disney Princess videos, so I brought up Youtube. She is good at clicking on the videos to the right that are similar, so I let her do that for a bit. I went out of the room to change my son into pajamas, and the next thing I hear is the door to the office shutting. I realized she must be up to no good, so I went back to the room, and sure enough she had locked the door. She opened it pretty quick when I counted her down, and then I got to have the inappropriate internet content conversation with my 4-year old. I'm not sure whether I should be worried or proud :p

She had stumbled on some sort of sexy anime video, by the way. It was pretty harmless, but I was surprised that she knew enough to be secretive about it.

Last night my daughter wanted to watch some Disney Princess videos, so I brought up Youtube. She is good at clicking on the videos to the right that are similar, so I let her do that for a bit. I went out of the room to change my son into pajamas, and the next thing I hear is the door to the office shutting. I realized she must be up to no good, so I went back to the room, and sure enough she had locked the door. She opened it pretty quick when I counted her down, and then I got to have the inappropriate internet content conversation with my 4-year old. I'm not sure whether I should be worried or proud :p

She had stumbled on some sort of sexy anime video, by the way. It was pretty harmless, but I was surprised that she knew enough to be secretive about it.

Probably because people being sexy in anime are usually crying.

Those wacky wacky Japanese.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Happy belated Birthday Raithe.

I miss football... there is nothing to watch on TV but basketball and I try to like it but I just don't. Only three games left in the NFL season then it's a long two month wait until baseball starts.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I'm somewhat worried that you didn't just pull that at random off Youtube.

I'm doing ridiculous things

As much as I'm mocking you right now, you gotta love that hat.

-Elwood Blues

Well I got pulled into being general handyman and helping my father get the old tv aerial off the roof in high winds...

Daydreaming about grenading our client's offices.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Had things organised so I didn't have to get up today. Thought I'd be able to enjoy a long, lazy layin. Which I did to a degree, but for some reason my mind was spiralling out at a hundred miles an hour and even while dozing across the borders of consciousness had that stream of mental activity that wouldn't stay in any one place. Try focusing on one thought and boom, clicked onto one fragment and spiralled of to some tangent.

So I gave up and got dressed and had a cup of tea.

Although my new keyboard arrived, so had my mild moment of tech-geek goodness appreciating the click-click of mechanical keys and getting used to the slight shift in spaces of the keys from my old one.

I had new furniture delivered this morning. A new couch, 2 recliners & 2 end tables. LA-Z-Boy. Whoo Hooo. They were expensive but the are soooooo comfortable. The driver was bitching about delivering out where I live. To call it rual would probably not do it justice.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Watched a speech by Newt Gingrich today, I feel so much dumber for it. Other than that a nice restful weekend, got roped into going with a friend shopping (damn women need to be on target!) but at least I got Rogue Trader today

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Urg. It's a harsh monday. Depressed, weary, taken some paracetamol and trying to ignore a rather irritating stabbing headache behind my eyes.

Seeing if I can gather the shreds of my mojo and build some momentum towards figuring out what I need to do today, and then actually getting something done...

Got headhunted today for a 15% pay rise. I feel like all sorts of bastard. Just goes against the grain. I'm going to really miss my colleagues. :)

-Elwood Blues

Got headhunted today for a 15% pay rise. I feel like all sorts of bastard. Just goes against the grain. I'm going to really miss my colleagues. :)

Seems like a good deal for you, I wouldn't feel bad at all. And it's not like your colleagues are dead - you can always meet up with them (well assuming you're that close to them, anyway). Congratulations on more money.

Seems like a good deal for you, I wouldn't feel bad at all. And it's not like your colleagues are dead - you can always meet up with them (well assuming you're that close to them, anyway). Congratulations on more money.

I believe Wals employed some of those colleagues so by taking a job for "the man" and making them unemployed, he feels bad. I could be wrong.

Oh, and congrats Wals, a 15% annual raise is huge! Now go get your roof fixed.

LOL. Th eroof was one of the reasons I didn't feel so bad. And yes, I recruited almost everyone I work with. They'll still have work to do, but I guess it won't be quite the same without me making a mess of everything and handing out whisky.

-Elwood Blues

Got headhunted today for a 15% pay rise. I feel like all sorts of bastard. Just goes against the grain. I'm going to really miss my colleagues. :(

Why should you feel like a bastard? Everyone moves on to higher pay when they can. Unless of course you slept your way there, but then that makes you something else.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Ha HAAA! I upgraded my OS to Windows 7 X64 (or maybe x86, not entirely sure...) and now have my full ram back! *sets about customizing everything again)

Oh, and it cost me all of 10 bucks!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.