SW: The Old Republic Part 2

Hurlshort

I rode a hot air balloon around Tatooine this morning. It was pretty slow, but the two datacrons at the end were worth it. There was a Sith guy with us, and he missed one of the ledges and didn't get the last datacron though. Yikes, that was a lot of time to spend and miss out on one.

Hah! I rode that one. 30 minutes in, just as that sandcrawler came into view.. it all glitched. the balloon disapeared and both myself and the other person riding it found ourselves stood in the middle of the dune sea. ..

I do plan to go back and get them..at some point..when I have a whole stack of credits to while away the time on crew missions.

Hit level 41, had an immense amount of "travel to planet x, talk to dude, go to ship, talk on intercom, travel to fleet, talk to dude, go to planet y talk to dude, go to ship, talk on intercom"... Spent an hour doing more back and forth from planet to starport, to inquisitor hangar, to ship then anything else...

And for the fun point, finally go to Belsavis and find that while my previous Class mission was a 41, all missions from that point on are 42. So I'm thinking of returning to Hoth to work in some heroics to get up there...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

So there is a air balloon in tatooine! I was rolling around with my stupid scooter around the desert when I saw some flying balloon in the sky, wondered what the hell was that.

Been doing all the heroic quests I left behind before progressing, level 28 juggernaut now.

It might be part of the whole early access thing, but I'm finding that when the evenings roll around and I jump on to play it, there's like 20 or so people on the higher level worlds.. and they're pretty much concentrating on world/class quests rather then heroics.

So that does put a small crimp on casual heroics.

Now departing Dromond Kaas as Cipher Agent Calax.

Personality wise he's kinda turned out like Michael Weston from Burn notice. Flirty, fun, but always gets the job done and has a dark streak to him. And will snipe your face off at 1 million yds rather than jab you in the gut

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

How are you guys allocating Crew Skills?

Reading the boards, it seems like Slicing has been nerfed. Which sucks because I've put my minions doing slicing runs...

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

How are you guys allocating Crew Skills?

Reading the boards, it seems like Slicing has been nerfed. Which sucks because I've put my minions doing slicing runs...

I just took all the stuff connected with relics for my jedi knight. Not that I have put much effort into it yet, being still on Coruscant (I actually got further on my two beta weekends, playing two characters, than I've gotten with my single character for now. Talk about change in available leisure time). :lol:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I went with Artifice, Archaeology, and Treasure Hunting for my Sith Inquisitor. Which is pretty much the traditional three for Force users I think.

I've also got my Jedi Knight with no craft skill, but Archaeology, Diplomacy and Investigation. Thought that would make an interesting mix.

I haven't made any decisions for the other characters I've started dabbling with, but then they're all still on their starter worlds.

I really enjoy sending my companions out for Investigation missions. They bring back cool companion gifts. I've stalled out a bit on Armstech, I have scavenging up too high and I don't get the needed stuff easily. I can do grey missions, but it still comes in at a trickle. I will probably just stick with Investigation and scavenging going forward, and maybe sell stuff on the market.

I actually have yet to even look at the auction house.

Yeah, and boy is it tedious without a speeder. Kind of burned throught it just now on my IA, heh, did get a funny moment where I held a crook's wife hostage, shot him while interrogating him and then disposed of him and his wife after. Companion chimes in with "Nasty. Well, they didn't have kids. Shall we go?" :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Finally got a product key from Customer Service. Only took them a little more than a week to get back to me. Thanks for the advice Hurlshot -- I got a hold of Stephen Reid(Rockjaw) who helped get things moving.

So now I have alot of catch up to do. My Bounty Hunter was lvl 14 when early access ended and my friends are approaching lvl 40. :(

I have gotta say... that lovers quest on Typhon still bugs the hell out of me...

It's the way the padawans get quite aggressive /bribey within a few words. Something doesn't feel quite right about it.

Hm, managed to hit about Level 3 with my Legacy now, be curious to see exactly what they bring out for all of that.

Still, having title and legacy have "Lord Drayke Khorval" proclaiming over my character is kind of funky.

Having to deal with the abundance of light side points gained from looking after the Imperial Troops I encounter with my Sith Inquisitor is being a wee bit hard, but there are still plenty of ruthless moments that aren't casual cruelty/sadistic behaviour that provides the dark side..

right now I'm giving my agent a short break (he's on Nar Shadda) and messing around on a Jedi guardian.

Calax (agent) and Kithsara (jedi) on Correllian Run.

And yeah... just how fast they move to "Ima bribe you nao!" is kinda.... scary. And the fact that you can't get them to play nice while letting them have a relationship.

Edited by Calax

my Agent is 22, you can PM me when you get to that point and I'll hold off leveling him.

My Sith Sorcerer is level 50 now and I've cleared 4 out of 6 heroic instances and the Eternity Vault normal mode raid instance in a 8-man group. I think the game is huge success and I'm exitedly looking forward what they do with the game.

I like Alderaan as a planet, rather nice visuals, especially after Tatooine. Heh, had heard the latter was some STV-esque warzone, no dice on that. Good to hear the endgame's not actually that bad, had heard it wasn't all that fun.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I have to admit after my intensive first 10 days I'm giving myself bigger pauses in playing, it's definitely taking a time to go up levels once you hit that 38-40 mark. I've only managed a few hours this week.

Belsavis as a planet has a very nice combination of visuals and atmosphere. It actually feels a bit varied compared to some of the other worlds.

Alderaan has a very nice aesthetic appeal, just the mountains/forests and trails leading up to snow covered valleys has a curiously soothing effect.

And it's quite impressive how they've managed to keep Hoth visually interesting and varied within "ice, snow, and more ice".

Although as you get into those planets, exploration really takes a turn for the harshness. If you're not careful you'll find yourself wandering into zones for vastly higher level characters (such as areas where level 45-50 characters will be returning to those worlds). That and if you're not paying attention you can wander into a Republic settlement without realising it and find yourself facing the level 50 guards who have several hundred thousand hitpoints...

The short emails you get from various people days after completing some quests can be a nice touch. Provides a bit more feel for the universe, and the fallout from choices you made.