SW: The Old Republic Part 2

Hurlshort

Left Hutta with my agent was pretty fun story wise, things got really easy when I got Kailyo even if her character puts me off. Did Black Talon as well last night with my Inquisitor friend, that went quite smoothly as well and snagged the requisite armour with cloak.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Had an entertaining time leading a jedi padawan into corruption (so to speak) then ended up having to kill her master, and take her as my apprentice.

Also, safety note for those Imperials who reach Taris. - If you find a "mysteriously dead jedi" body, don't click on it.

You will be surprised and jumped on by a huuuumonguous worm-like world boss.

Seriously.

End safety announcement.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

So I get my CE on Wednesday from the EA Origin store and can't find the product key anywhere in the box. My friend tells me it's inside the metal game case and only thing in there with a number is some $30 off coupon code. So I contact support and they want me to provide them proof in terms of a scanned copy of a receipt and a photo of my game. I email this stuff to them Wednesday night and here it is Saturday and I still haven't heard back and I'm guessing I won't until sometime next week. Pretty ****ty if you ask me....paid $150 and can't even play the game. I know they're busy and I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue but still. I've got friends who are already in their lvl 20's.....gonna have alot of catching up to do.

I've pulled myself out long enough and I guess I missed the memo. I'm off on Vulkar Highway. I've hit level 28 so far as an inquisitor.

I feel compelled to mention that Synthweaving seems like a complete waste of time. At this point I can make a bunch of decent gear but I've gotten so many orange pieces of armor that are moddable, it seems like it would have been so much more practical to go with Cybertech and just focus on making new upgrades.

Everything was beautiful. Nothing hurt.

I have to say, as a Sith Inquisitor I pretty much always feel as if I'm short of credits.

I seem to manage to get a nice pile of money..and then I'll have a level up and find there are about 4 skills to pick up that wipe out my cash reserves...

At the moment it appears to run around a rough 30-40k total, and having to spend around 14k for an ability advance. Of course, I just hit 40, and found I need 120k to get the "Pilot Speeder (Rank 2)" ability....

I have to say, as a Sith Inquisitor I pretty much always feel as if I'm short of credits.

I seem to manage to get a nice pile of money..and then I'll have a level up and find there are about 4 skills to pick up that wipe out my cash reserves...

At the moment it appears to run around a rough 30-40k total, and having to spend around 14k for an ability advance. Of course, I just hit 40, and found I need 120k to get the "Pilot Speeder (Rank 2)" ability....

Same problem, and I'm just lvl 22 with my sith warrior. I saw someone asking tips for getting credits in the official forums, and it had two pages of "lol noob" for answers. Apparently slicing would be a definite answer for being poor, but I rather not go that way. I just hope I don't have to roam around grinding credits too much, I hate grinding.

Does anyone know why I don't always get more points in archeology when I use it? I get the crystals and what not, but the skill doesn't get better sometimes. It's around 145 now.

Does anyone know why I don't always get more points in archeology when I use it? I get the crystals and what not, but the skill doesn't get better sometimes. It's around 145 now.

As you level skills you get fewer and eventually no points for doing low level things. Orange = Hard (most XP) Yellow = Average, Green = Easy (least XP), Grey = SOL. Your crafting skill will work the same way.

Everything was beautiful. Nothing hurt.

Same problem, and I'm just lvl 22 with my sith warrior. I saw someone asking tips for getting credits in the official forums, and it had two pages of "lol noob" for answers. Apparently slicing would be a definite answer for being poor, but I rather not go that way. I just hope I don't have to roam around grinding credits too much, I hate grinding.

I have to admit, I'm not sure if its something they've shifted since the beta, or whether it does depend on class, but the Trooper I played during the beta weekend was rolling in cash. So I half wonder if there's a reason that the force users don't find as much....

Oh, one small trick that can be useful, remember to take time to fly the spaceship missions, they can add a bit of extra cash to the pile, especially if you do them regularly.

Ice9, can you make gear for your companions? I have armstech and I end up selling everything as well.

Deathdealer, your crafting might be outpacing your leveling. I'm not quite sure how it works, but there are different tiers of crafting missions, and you might need to reach a certain player level to unlock the higher level crafting missions. Just a guess, I might be wrong.

Just reach Tatooine, glad I have my speeder bike. It's a pretty awesome way to get around, actually.

Deathdealer, your crafting might be outpacing your leveling. I'm not quite sure how it works, but there are different tiers of crafting missions, and you might need to reach a certain player level to unlock the higher level crafting missions. Just a guess, I might be wrong.

There are levelled tiers of missions, and they depend on the level of skill you have. The different tiers also reflect different "levels" of what gear is best for.

So it's something like tier 1 takes you up to around skill ratings of around 60 or so, and then teir 2 missions/crafting tends to be "level 17-24" type stuff. Teir 3 is something like "level 25-28" things, and so on,

At least, that's what it seems to me to reflect.

Edit: And keep an eye out for that hot air balloon. It takes about 40 minutes to circle the dune sea, but you have to use it to find a couple of datacrons..

I keep meaning to go back to it, the one time I tried I spent about 30 minutes on the ride, and then it glitched out and dumped me in the middle of the desert.

Edited by Raithe

Just got this game for xmas, which server is the best to play on?

Depends on what you like? Do you like to PvP all the time or only when you feel like it? Then there's the Role-Play servers if you're into that sorta thing. If you don't care about any of that stuff then I would pick one of the lower populated servers in your time zone, unless you like to wait in ques. >_<

Some of the American servers can get queues of up to 200 if you try logging in at the wrong time (usually around midnight gmt), but they're usually just 10-15 minute queues at the peak times.

I use an east coast server and for most of the day I have no queue issues logging in.

Finally got off Balmorra, thought that Bonus chain was going to be short. Rather enjoyable, only noticed minor bugs like typos, spacing errors. PC responsiveness does seem to get a bit wonky at times though, as well as my cooldown abilities showing as cooling down when they're not in actuality. Frag grenades throwing mobs into a wall is a tad annoying as well, but only happened twice in my playtime.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I seem to be having that slight rest from Tor, only played an hour of it this morning.. and that was actually creating a couple of new characters. Put a smuggler and a sith warrior on the board as well to dabble with.

Letting my Sith Inquisitor hover on Hoth at the moment, that is a serious amount of white expanse. But I have to admit, they've certainly managed to give it a certain aesthetic appeal and broken it up with a variety of icey wasteland type environments.

I will say it's kind of amusing to catch up on flashpoints that you forgot to do. Going back when you're way over level you can run through them solo and pick up the lore, get to make the choices you want to see how things will play out.. Although you do lose some of that social aspect..but heh, both can be fun in their own way.

I will say it's kind of amusing to catch up on flashpoints that you forgot to do.

You can say that again. Earlier today I went back to Dromund Kaas to do the last heroic quest I left behind, shadow something. The one where you go around and pick these sith tablets from dead bodies. I was way over leveled for the quest so I just soloed. I had just found the first one and was moving towards the second one, when I saw someone also soloing but getting hammered, he didn't have enough levels for that. So I jumped in to help but he died anyway. I picked up the tablet and moved on.

While I was getting nearer the third, the guy who just died ran past me while I was having fun with the wild life. Got to the third one and attacked the monsters guarding it, when suddenly that guy jumps out of the bushes, picks the tablet up and runs away! I sight and wait till I can pick it up, and move on to the next one. Surprise, surprise, the guy is waiting there "hidden" behind some tree.. I just smiled and thought what the hell. Attacked the guards and the guy robs the thing and runs to the woods :shifty:

I wonder how he dealt with the quest boss, wasn't piece of cake for me to do alone and I was about 6 levels higher than him.

Indeed.

You only get three crew skills. You can however change them if you want to shift around, but then you'll lose all ranks in the skill you swap out.

You can have three missions skills, or three gather skills, 1 craft skill and a combination of 2 others, or any similar mixup.

But three is the max.

And every companion you get will have bonuses to different skills. Of course, if you have skills other then the one a particular companion has bonuses with, it has no effect.

I rode a hot air balloon around Tatooine this morning. It was pretty slow, but the two datacrons at the end were worth it. There was a Sith guy with us, and he missed one of the ledges and didn't get the last datacron though. Yikes, that was a lot of time to spend and miss out on one.

Hm, Nar Shadaa's not as enjoyable a zone as Balmorra, layout and travelling is rather annoying at times. Starting it at level 23 at least makes most of the content simpler.