Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Gorth

So, when will the release hype wear off? How far away are we from people starting to declare Skyrim as bland and uninspired?

I don't think that will happen.

I hope so, but I seem to recall the same sort of acclaim regarding Oblivion when it came out.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Daggerfall > Morrowind ~ Skyrim > Arena > Oblivion.

1. What about Fallout 3?

2. What exactly are you comparing?

1. Not an Elder Scrolls game. I think Skyrim is better than Fallout 3, though.

2. Game world, lore, atmosphere, game mechanics and things to do.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Lvl 10 now. I like how you don't have to spend the Perk points right away, so if you can't decide now you can decide later.

I'm finding it interesting how "easy" most of the combat is, until you reach the last guy in a ruin or something - I guess they're like the mini-bosses in other games. But I'm cruising through thinking "this ruin is a piece of cake" and suddenly the last room has some dude that makes me feel as if my sword or battle axe has suddenly turned into a rubber needle. Those are some long (and oft re-loaded) fights, at least if I don't want to leave and come back later.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The key to expend a dragon soul on a shout is now gone perhaps permanently due to conflicts with other keys, which they didn't bothe taking into account, there is also no way to reset the controls to default. Man, this really is amateur hour. How on earth did quality assurance think that this was good enough. There must be an .ini file somewhere where you can fix this manually.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

The key to expend a dragon soul on a shout is now gone perhaps permanently due to conflicts with other keys, which they didn't bothe taking into account, there is also no way to reset the controls to default. Man, this really is amateur hour. How on earth did quality assurance think that this was good enough. There must be an .ini file somewhere where you can fix this manually.

You could just uninstall and reinstall.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Is there really no ini file that has keyboard mapping that can be edited with notepad. Anyway beware, people you could break the game with the touch of a single button. If you have something that somewhat works, just be thankful and don't temp fate.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

Everyone what are both the secondary and primary functions of the 'R' button on the default keyboard layout. I need to restore those as I read that the default for spending draon souls is 'R'. It worked for the favorites function when I remapped toggle POV back to 'F'

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

That is all.

Everyone what are both the secondary and primary functions of the 'R' button on the default keyboard layout. I need to restore those as I read that the default for spending draon souls is 'R'. It worked for the favorites function when I remapped toggle POV back to 'F'

Sheathe/unsheate and unlock shout as you know.

Fortune favors the bald.

I've been making my way through the Thieves Guild quests and have now started what I believe is the final one. And I have to say, I'm pretty disappointed. I might be misremembering since it's been a long time since I played through the them, but the TG quests in Oblivion was some of the best content in the game. Some of those missions were quite tense and well designed (again, from what I can remember). But none of the TG quests so far have made me feel especially bad-ass or sneaky. Pretty lackluster overall. And of course, the "twist" in the middle of the quest line can be seen from miles away... but of course we have to go along with it.

The sidequests (I guess these are randomly generated) are a joke.

Very disappointing to me since Thief characters are my favorite "class" to play in TES games.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

The key to expend a dragon soul on a shout is now gone perhaps permanently due to conflicts with other keys, which they didn't bothe taking into account, there is also no way to reset the controls to default.

There is in my game. It's down at the bottom left of the screen when you're in the controls menu. Altho, it might be tied to the default Sprint key, because it changed to match what I remapped 'Sprint' to be. ;) If it's not showing up for you, must be a bug from remapping Sprint to something it didn't like I guess.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The Thieves Guild was very good in Oblivion - the Dark Brotherhood in Obv had its moments but the plot was terribly emo-goth, the TG plot had a major consistency failure but was actually interesting and the quests were, too.

I'm still in the early stages of the TG for Skyrim and have yet to meet the DB, so I don't know. There's been a mix - the more hand-crafted quests are impressive so far (only just about to infiltrate

the honey mansion place

) but the random ones really look filler.

The mansion quest is the one I remember the most fondly. I enjoyed that one.

As for the Dark Brotherhood, I've only just joined them, and yeah... The first thing you get when you enter the sanctuary and meet your guildmates is them standing around talking about 'oooh killing things is so much fun!' The writing is about as subtle as a brick to the face. ;) Not a surprise though I suppose.

I've done the first 3 filler quests (assassinate 3 specific people, no conditions or anything interesting) and completed the first "main" quest in the storyline. Nothing exciting there, no fun conditions or anything unfortunately.

Edited by Starwars

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

As it turns out, I think I was on the second-to-last Thieves Guild quests (think I have one more to do *now*). I quite enjoyed this quest though. Still, I wish there was more of a penalty in any of the TG stuff to actually getting caught... The companions in this quest just tells you straight up "you can sneak if you want to, but you can also murder everything." At which point I think the thrill of sneaking gets taken out of it...

Some of the dungeons are very atmospheric this time around. I just wish the majority of them weren't so damn linear. Many are literally just a long corridor (with an occasional locked side-door with some loot in it). Really wish they had opened up more of them. Aside from that, I'm actually looking forward to seeing what's inside in Skyrim, whereas in Oblivion I thought it was damn boring each time I had to go inside one.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing what's inside in Skyrim, whereas in Oblivion I thought it was damn boring each time I had to go inside one.

Ditto, I actually got a lot of fun out of Oblivion but there were about 100 dungeons I never saw, because who gives a **** about empty, samey dungeons?