Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Gorth

Do you mostly use one-handed weapons?

I don't use weapons (playing as pure mage). I only dish out a Bound weapon on occasion since they can soultrap and banish summons with the right perks.

I gave Molag Bal's mace to my Orc companion.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Level 24 and in full draconic armor. Well, I've not much else than 100 in smithing, but the armor is very powerful. I had to kill three dragons to get the ingredients for the full suit (well, except the boots that are still ebony).

I've not explored a lot of cities (just Whiterun and Windhelm), mostly outside : mines and animals for smithing components.

I'm now in the Stormguards quests.

I'm level 15 and I'm mostly just an unskilled meathead who's good with a greatsword, got my destruction up a bit though, I really like using the two handed flamethrower combo along with a fire shout :sorcerer:

I've visited Riverwood, Whiterun, Solitude, Markarth and most recently Riften, which I've really enjoyed so far, I've got more quests than I can handle and I'm turning down loads more because I think my mind would implode under the weight, so far the Radiant Story system is working pretty well and I like how it gets you visiting new places.

I finally decided to use my companion. Took her to the Shrine of Azura - she of the bad voice acting - and completed the quest for the Star of Azura. After that, I wandered around the area and stumbled upon the Sightless Pit, which is a passageway to the Temple of Xrib. Unlike the other Falmer areas I've found, this is more than holes underground with the occasional tent or hive. There's actual stone work, decorations, furnishings, pipe and steam works, etc. The aesthetic is nicely alien. Even more interesting is that parts of it mix with Dwemer trappings, and there are a few (already destroyed) Dwemer constructs.

Did the Falmer trade with the Dwemer? Was this a city they co-habitated?

Sadly, Lydia, my companion, just died. It's upsetting as there's no way to check her health out of battle. I thought she was well, but she apparently died to a few arrows. I quicksaved right after the fight and didn't realize she was dead until I stumbled upon her corpse (she has a tendency to get stuck on outcropping.) Anyone know a cheat code to bring her back to life?

Edit: If anyone is interested in checking it out, be aware that once you go past a certain part in the Pit, you can't go back out. I assume there's an exit at the end. I hope.

Man, I just played for like 5 straight hours (this never happens). As far as I'm concerned oblivion never happened. Bethy gets a clean slate for me.

I am so glad you like it.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Man, I just played for like 5 straight hours (this never happens). As far as I'm concerned oblivion never happened. Bethy gets a clean slate for me.

I did about eight hours tonight, checked out Windhelm and was mightily impressed with the atmosphere, especially with the Morrowind connection, I keep wondering how Bethesda managed to create so much cool stuff.

"Oblivion, why would anyone want that?" :sorcerer:

Found the shrine of Boethiah. There's a Pillar of Sacrifice on the altar that lit up when I approached, but did nothing when I clicked on it. As there were a bunch of burned bodies nearby, I wondered if I was supposed to sacrifice a companion. I went back to Riverwood (the first village you visit) and picked of Fenedrel, an elf I'd helped with his love life, and brought him there.

Still couldn't do anything with the Pillar. So I killed him with the Ebony Blade, and it didn't level up at all.

Deadra, I am disappoint.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

This game has way too much too do. And I like almost all of the dungeons I've visited.

I feel like I've done so much. I've got way too many shouts, level 26, am Archmage of the College, Thane of two holds, and am somewhat into the Companions series. But I've only really visited those two holds, and just walked into a third a few minutes ago. Only completed one major faction quest, and there's still more quests to do with it. And barely touched the main quest. I'm 40 hours in and I don't have any skill up to 70.

I've got Assassin's Creed coming on Tuesday. I don't have time for all of this!

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I've got Assassin's Creed coming on Tuesday. I don't have time for all of this!

Yeah I feel the same and I haven't done half the stuff you have, most of the games I've not completed are probably going to stay that way for a good long while, and Arkham City is out soon. :sorcerer:

I went to Windhelm, found Ulfric Stormcloak in his palace, killed him, and ran out.

A guard caught me outside and fined me 40 septims. When I went back in, Ulfric was alive again. :sorcerer:

Seriously Bethesda? I don't care if it breaks the main quest. When I kill someone, they should stay dead.

Boethiah went from female (Daggerfall) to male (Oblivion/Morrowind) to female again in Skyrim.

I'm not sure about still using companions. I have one decked in full ebony armour, yet a Draugr Lord killed her in two hits. And they don't get back up, unlike quest NPCs.

Sadly, Lydia, my companion, just died. It's upsetting as there's no way to check her health out of battle. I thought she was well, but she apparently died to a few arrows. I quicksaved right after the fight and didn't realize she was dead until I stumbled upon her corpse (she has a tendency to get stuck on outcropping.) Anyone know a cheat code to bring her back to life?

Should be something like :

000A2C94.resurrect 1

Or maybe :

prid 000A2C94

resurrect 1

I thought the followers were unkillable?

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I finally decided to use my companion. Took her to the Shrine of Azura - she of the bad voice acting - and completed the quest for the Star of Azura. After that, I wandered around the area and stumbled upon the Sightless Pit, which is a passageway to the Temple of Xrib. Unlike the other Falmer areas I've found, this is more than holes underground with the occasional tent or hive. There's actual stone work, decorations, furnishings, pipe and steam works, etc. The aesthetic is nicely alien. Even more interesting is that parts of it mix with Dwemer trappings, and there are a few (already destroyed) Dwemer constructs.

Did the Falmer trade with the Dwemer? Was this a city they co-habitated?

The Dwemer shouldn't even be in Skyrim, IIRC. The only place outside Morrowind they were located, was Hammerfell, i.e. literally the place where Volendrung, the hammer of the Rourken clan, fell.

The Dwemer presence in Skyrim makes even less sense considering the hatred of the ancient Nords for elvenkind.

Then again, maybe I'll come across some new lorebook that explains everything.

Edited by virumor

The Dwemer shouldn't even be in Skyrim, IIRC. The only place outside Morrowind they were located, was Hammerfell, i.e. literally the place where Volendrung, the hammer of the Rourken clan, fell.

According to this article: In the Late Middle Merethic Era, the Velothi Mountains were settled by the Dwemer, who created cities beneath the mountain range. Presumably these cities followed the fate of their counterparts in Morrowind and Hammerfell and now lie deserted, but no further information on the cities exists.

The Dwemer presence in Skyrim makes even less sense considering the hatred of the ancient Nords for elvenkind.

The Dwemer, and all the elves, predate the Nords on Tamriel.

So, I played an hour or so and I managed to:

--kill a bunny and some wolves.

--slide down a waterfall a few times for giggles

--ran around & found salt piles in barrels

--saw a small cluster of giants and a mammoth near Whiterun

--caught dragonflies & killed a few mudcrabs

--was spotted by some bandit camp and ran away since I figured I'd just die (I'm lvl3 'cause I look more than fight)

--spied on some guy near a cliff who kept muttering about the bounty on his head and wishing he could poison someone

....and that's it. All within a fairly small radius of area near Whiterun's walls. My original intention was to enter Whiterun and start a few quests there. But I veered to the left a bit and...then an hour was gone, and I'd hardly done a thing. Yeah, at the rate I play lately (an hour or two at a time), this game is going to take me a year. lol

Also...who made the decision to program shadows on a cyclic move schedule? It just looks bizarre/is distracting.

My ground tree shadows don't do that, they behave more normally, but I saw a vid where his ground tree shadows moved in that long cyclic process...so while everyone seems to hate/have issues w/shadows, it's inconsistent. Plus, AFIK, you can't turn them completely off via the options menu, which is lame.

...but I still love the game. It's huge & vast, looks good, and I love that I get so lost in exploring/poking around that it takes forever.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Does anyone else feel like there is a screen missing. Why can't I see what my total armor and attack rating is, my resistance to magic, the modified damage of my spells. I don't know what blessing to pick at the temples because I don't know what they do. what disease am I carrying around right now ?

To complicated for the console market ?

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

According to this article: In the Late Middle Merethic Era, the Velothi Mountains were settled by the Dwemer, who created cities beneath the mountain range. Presumably these cities followed the fate of their counterparts in Morrowind and Hammerfell and now lie deserted, but no further information on the cities exists.

Velothi Mountains is on the border of Skyrim and Morrowind. Markarth (built on a Dwemer city) and other Dwemer ruins I've found are in the west of Skyrim, on the border with High ROck.

The only known Dwemer to have settled outside Morrowind (Rourken Clan) left Morrowind in the year 416 of the First Era, so more than four centuries after Ysgramor and his 500 companions killed pretty much all Elves upon their return to Skyrim, and drove what remained underground (Falmer). Dwemer ruins should have been Falmer ruins.

Does anyone else feel like there is a screen missing. Why can't I see what my total armor and attack rating is, my resistance to magic, the modified damage of my spells. I don't know what blessing to pick at the temples because I don't know what they do. what disease am I carrying around right now ?

Active Effects screen.

Edited by virumor

Yeah, I've read that the Dwemer had a few settlements in the mountains bordering Skyrim, when I found my first random Dwemer ruin on the Morrowind border I grinned.

I thought the followers were unkillable?

I think they can only be killed if you accidentally hit them when they are low on health.

As far as I can tell, followers that you recruit can be killed whereas quest companions are immortal.

All the active effects from spells and diseases etc are listed under the Magic section, why they couldn't have onscreen indicators is beyond me.

I went to Windhelm, found Ulfric Stormcloak in his palace, killed him, and ran out.

A guard caught me outside and fined me 40 septims. When I went back in, Ulfric was alive again. :lol:

Seriously Bethesda? I don't care if it breaks the main quest. When I kill someone, they should stay dead.

Damn! Just damn!

I really wanted to barge into Tullius's room and rip his face off

as a werewolf

. But I guess that won't happen so easily.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."