Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Well I was including the way skills leveled along with enemy scaling. All I know/remember is that in both I'd end up making my desired skills the secondary skills so I could control speed of chr level up's better to avoid triggering rapid progression of enemy difficulty...because the way I play, my increase in gear/ability to kill did not match enemies level by level (or in Morrowind, sudden influx of difficult enemies that weren't there before, IIRC). It was a long time ago tho, and I didn't play Oblivion too long so didn't get to high levels in that game.

Anyway - has there been any/more news on PC graphic settings for the game? eg, I know the basic requirements aren't high but will it have lots of high settings to tweak? Or will such be more dependent on mods ala FNV.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Some day, some company is going to release some fantasy game with no dragons in it and it will be a major selling point for me :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Some day, some company is going to release some fantasy game with no dragons in it and it will be a major selling point for me :ermm:

That'd be Oblivion, if you don't count Akatosh :p

That would be pretty much every other Elder Scrolls game, well, except Daggerfall and its dragonlings I think? And there was also one of the spin-offs that I think had a dragon. More of a stereotypical dragon with a lair and gold, though.

Pete Hines tweeted the PC specs.

Recom PC specs: Win XP/7, quad-core Intel/AMD CPU, 4GB RAM, 6GB HD, DX compat snd card, DX9 vid card w/ 1 GB. GTX 260/Radeon 4890* or higher

Min PC specs: Win XP/7/Vista (32 or 64 bit), dual core 2GB, 2GB RAM, DX9c video card w/ 512MB RAM, Internet Access for Steam activation

*R00fles!

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

wow, looks like my 9800gtx is finally going to force me to play a bethesda game on less than High settings...

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

i use tons of mods, but none of them have increased the spec requirements for my games...

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

wow, looks like my 9800gtx is finally going to force me to play a bethesda game on less than High settings...

I don't really care about the graphics. I think the game already looks fine enough on console tbh.

Depending on CPU, your card might still be enough for High, but not for Ultra. There's a good specs thread over on Bethsoft forums.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I don't really care about the graphics. I think the game already looks fine enough on console tbh.

Depending on CPU, your card might still be enough for High, but not for Ultra. There's a good specs thread over on Bethsoft forums.

thanks for that link, very informative thread!

Sounds like a good side-source of entertainment when playing.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Don't own a console but from what I've seen, seems like it'll look just fine overall on them. For the console abilities, it seems pretty spiffy/they did a good job in that regard. It's not like most sit 2 feet from their 40-60" TV anyway.

I'm pretty sure my pc will eat it alive on ultra,

My CPU may be a little old at this point but mine still better eat it alive on ultra or I'll be mildly unhappy (w/my rig, not the game).

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

i'm going to try to stretch my current pc setup (ie 9800gtx, 6 gigs of ram, ok cpu) until fallout 4 or half life 3, whichever is released first...

we'll see if i can get 2 more years out of it (which is how long i expect before we get fallout 4)