Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Daggerfall has exactly the same leveling as Oblivion, all the way up to bandits dropping Daedric weapons and equipment. It's even worse in that any dungeon will reset upon re-entry, meaning you can farm multiple sets of high-level equipment and make tons of money. Or simply rest in the wilderness and kill the spawning enemies until they drop something decent.

The only difference is that due to everything being randomized, you can pick up quests at low level that have you meet high-level enemies like daedra and liches. Or you can run into a bug where a vampire ancient spawns in a low level dungeon.

It's a very broken game in so many ways.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't nail the whole compulsive loot collecting and character building part that all Elder Scrolls games have done really well. The random quest generator also looks incredibly interesting as far as giving you things to do, it would have been more interesting if they'd kept the chickens imo but at least it gives the modders something to work towards. I'm optimistic about it.

i like the color palletes for oblivion and skyrim. it was too much in fallout DC though

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

If by that you mean 'in order for you to get the point'. I don't care about the point, I was interested in recalling a movie. If you meant that you needed to photoshop in a facepalm to get the point, then by all means. No one's stopping you.

Actors, movie trivia. it's one of my many faults and I spend entirely too much effort on it.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Crab Armor will be the best DLC ever.

I preordered the CE of Skyrim. It's only money.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

gi-nov-09.jpg

You maniacs! You blew it up!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

You maniacs! You blew it up!

Actually, that's exactly what happened

"Azura explodes"

Awesome. About time.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I really like reading The Imperial Library, especially stuff by the old devs, it shows why modern Bethesda is a different creature, none of the remaining devs ever participate in forum roleplay, and I just can't picture Todd Howard sitting down and doing pen and paper RP with all the other devs, using it to come up with interesting scenarios as they did for Morrowind.

I really like reading The Imperial Library, especially stuff by the old devs, it shows why modern Bethesda is a different creature, none of the remaining devs ever participate in forum roleplay, and I just can't picture Todd Howard sitting down and doing pen and paper RP with all the other devs, using it to come up with interesting scenarios as they did for Morrowind.

While part of it may be attributable to differences among devs, I think a lot of it is just the price of success. When I joined the Beth boards back in February 2002, they were much more like the Obsidian boards now--a relatively small community where folks knew each other and the devs were much more present. Now you have many more people, lots of them raging and/or indignantly clamoring for this or that. Sadly, the boards no longer support the level of trust needed to foster the sorts of dev interaction more common in the early days. Just too many folks lying in wait to twist words and for whom "we thinking of" later translates into "they lied to us."

Todd has said a number of times that the team contains lots of folks that have worked together for a very long time and that that's where he looks for community. He and others have made comments about gaming together. Not sure about whether that includes P&P sessions, but I don't think that you can assume that because things aren't visible from the outside they aren't happening.

While part of it may be attributable to differences among devs, I think a lot of it is just the price of success. When I joined the Beth boards back in February 2002, they were much more like the Obsidian boards now--a relatively small community where folks knew each other and the devs were much more present. Now you have many more people, lots of them raging and/or indignantly clamoring for this or that. Sadly, the boards no longer support the level of trust needed to foster the sorts of dev interaction more common in the early days. Just too many folks lying in wait to twist words and for whom "we thinking of" later translates into "they lied to us."

Todd has said a number of times that the team contains lots of folks that have worked together for a very long time and that that's where he looks for community. He and others have made comments about gaming together. Not sure about whether that includes P&P sessions, but I don't think that you can assume that because things aren't visible from the outside they aren't happening.

Yeah I don't doubt Bethesda are a tight knit community, and their growing size will certainly affect how they relate to us mere forum dwellers, it's all totally understandable but at the same time slightly sad :(

Anyway, here are some high res shots of the Alduin statue, part of my brain really wants the shiny things but the price...deary me.

003.jpg

012.jpg

Also, stores are receiving their promo stuff.

Why do I want that?...seriously, why? :(