Deus Ex 3

CoM_Solaufein

It follows deeply in the footsteps of DE in keeping you fairly strictly along that point a to point b, but gives you a lot of options in how to travel there. It just doesn't let you get to point c instead of point b. DE gave you the illusion of choice in the story, while you didn't really have any. DEHR follows the same route, but doesn't quite give the same amount of illusion. Maybe that's because it's the change in games over the last decade or our perception of them, maybe it's because elements of the conspiracy in DEHR don't feel as deep.

I do kind of feel the stunning "three consoles with a button" was a little bit.. Eh. Although a certain sense of amusement over it exists.

I do believe that's an issue of the setting of the options offered. In DE you had to go the literal distance to get all facts on how to solve a problem, like going to the bar and finding a piece of information then moving to another area and so forth. DE:HR is narrower in that most sidequests intersect (obvious ploy to save space) and central missions are very linear in their design. You could blast your way in, sneak through a vent, or hack a door but all the time you are very aware that you're doing the same thing. As opposed to DE where the physical distance of each approach reinforced the illusion.

In short DE:HR, all multiple approaches where found in the same room or very close.

DE, they were more separate, developed and had more substance.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Finally beat it this afternoon. I'm a little disappointed that I wasn't able to

talk to Dr. Reed

at the end of the game. Jensen says something about "we're still going to talk about this", but they never do. At least not in the ending I got.

I might give it another go, to see what I missed and to try different options during the instances when the player had a choice.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Maybe there will be a "long talk" DLC reserved entirely for the scolding that

Dr. Reed

deserves.

Where we find out how she carries our child JCDenton and that the Illuminati where behind the White Helix incident?

God, I hope they don't ruin this game with DLC o:)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Yeah I think the lead writer herself said the story was largely linear with only a few variations in the story in one interview prior to launch. And Deus Ex 1 was otherwise a pretty linear story, it just had a lot of easter eggs/flavour consequences that acknowledged the different ways a player approached a quest but nothing more.

Reached the first boss, and it was absolute s***. I know this has been discussed all over the net, but damn that was not a fun fight. What were they thinking?

Outsourcing because they didn't have enough time.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Reached the first boss, and it was absolute s***. I know this has been discussed all over the net, but damn that was not a fun fight. What were they thinking?

Whats interesting is that in a recent interview it was.. Dugas brought up that they'd realised they didn't have enough capability in the boss fights, and they couldn't achieve what they'd wanted to in the time they had, but that the game testers all had fun with them. So while they expected the "not deus ex feel" complaints about the boss fights they were still some shocked by the unrepentant hate of them... :thumbsup:

Also, that they had developed the boss fight in the upcoming dlc to actually be more in line with what they'd wanted to do for the actual game. So here's hoping that there's some form of improvement actually happening....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Didn't seem to be an issue with the Q&A who thought that "it was entertaining". I personally think they should do anonymous Q&A over the net, since that's how most complaints will be delivered. You would get a more brutally honest opinion.

village_idiot.gif

Outsourcing, eh? Wierd they outsourced an important aspect like that. Time restraints or not. I know it happens a lot, but boss fights? I could barely survive with the augs I had chosen. (stealth/hack focused with zero bullts fired prior to the fight.)

I am enjoying the game, but I am not looking forward to future boss fights.

Outsourcing, eh? Wierd they outsourced an important aspect like that. Time restraints or not. I know it happens a lot, but boss fights? I could barely survive with the augs I had chosen. (stealth/hack focused with zero bullts fired prior to the fight.)

I am enjoying the game, but I am not looking forward to future boss fights.

EMP immunity, gas grenade immunity, one decently upgraded heavy wep (i.e not a 10mm or Machine Pistol).

In a pinch, drop difficulty for boss fights.

No escaping they are garbage and totally at odds with the rest of the game, but above recipe they are over quick. Real quick.

The first boss is more about tactics than augs. First time I played him I got crushed in seconds and it took me many attempts to beat him. Then I had to restart the game and this time he was much easier. Since I knew what I was doing I beat him in only a couple of attempts (a bad grenade bounce can still get you). It's all about explosions and cover.

I actually didn't mind that boss. I like a little difficulty and variety in my games and he provided both.

The first boss is more about tactics than augs. First time I played him I got crushed in seconds and it took me many attempts to beat him. Then I had to restart the game and this time he was much easier. Since I knew what I was doing I beat him in only a couple of attempts (a bad grenade bounce can still get you). It's all about explosions and cover.

I actually didn't mind that boss. I like a little difficulty and variety in my games and he provided both.

Pretty much agree, In fact I didn't mind any of the bosses, but then again,

I wasn't stupid enough to get "upgraded" when the Illuminati told me to

:p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Maybe I should try to get a job in their Q&A department. Sounds like I'd fit in. :p I didn't have any problems with the boss fights, enjoyed them a bit even. None took more than three reloads to figure out what I was doing using a hacking/stealth based character.

I'm going to need better directions than "the secret lair."

-==(UDIC)==-

Maybe I should try to get a job in their Q&A department. Sounds like I'd fit in. :p I didn't have any problems with the boss fights, enjoyed them a bit even. None took more than three reloads to figure out what I was doing using a hacking/stealth based character.

mmh, the whole thing's been blown so out of proportion it reeks to me of another simple case of bandwagon jumping.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

mmh, the whole thing's been blown so out of proportion it reeks to me of another simple case of bandwagon jumping.

Could be, although I didn't have that much problem with it I was hoping for a killswitch. Or at least a bit of info prior to the fight that would had made the experience easier, otherwise it does feel a bit forced. Although I don't really mind it since I was looking forward to the boss fights when I was running through the levels.

village_idiot.gif