Deus Ex 3

CoM_Solaufein

The disapearances in Detroit seem much more..specific and noticable. The fact that you have a detective in the police station with a wall of missing women (and only women) and an investigation underway. You don't have any noticable missing notices in Hengsha, even though a whole bunch of people in storage in the Missing Link seem to be from there..

Something about the Detroit situation seems to feel different to me at least.

Well, in Hengsha it's the police who's doing the kidnapping, so of course there isn't going to be anyone looking into it! I think it's tied to the (multiple) Hyron cores exposed in the Missing Link, and will either remain at the "hinted" level or will be addressed when that storyline continues.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

i thought someone on this board was saying HR tanked?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Don't think they claimed it tanked, but just that it wasn't stellar.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Did they state how much was from the game itself ? That article has a lot of other things contributing. So claiming it sold well but not stellar isn't necessarily so. In any event, the good work got rewarded.

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Did they state how much was from the game itself ? That article has a lot of other things contributing. So claiming it sold well but not stellar isn't necessarily so. In any event, the good work got rewarded.

You don't revise your projected profits based on something selling "well".

But, yes, there are other factors at play here. The key is that DXHR seems to have GREATLY exceeded Squeenix's expectations, which is the only thing that matters, really.

Edited by Nepenthe

Finished the game yesterday night...or rather early morning.

Either way, pretty cool game. Also, some really really impressive decor and art.

I'm also expecting the next DLC to be about "Why did they also have to remove my Willy?

I never asked for this

"

Actually, he's still fully functional in that department, it has been confirmed by the devs.

Did you try the Missing Link yet? It's one of the best DLCs I've played, best in the "taking the core gameplay of the main game and improving on it" department.

As much as I admired the game, it feels the dev team ran out of time or energy 'cause the end later parts felt a bit rushed, the plots didn't quite wrap up as I wanted to be, and overall left too many questions unanswered.

As for the DLC, how much playtime does it offer?

People seem to be hitting between 5 and 10 hours on the dlc...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

As much as I admired the game, it feels the dev team ran out of time or energy 'cause the end later parts felt a bit rushed, the plots didn't quite wrap up as I wanted to be, and overall left too many questions unanswered.

As for the DLC, how much playtime does it offer?

People seem to be hitting between 5 and 10 hours on the dlc...

Woah, sounds very decent. But I think I'm gonna get it at the Steam Holiday, right now I'm getting started with LA Noire and later Arkham City.