What you did today

Tale

So fed up with everything now. I've learned everything I'm going to from this process (how to write scientifically, that writing scientifically is not for me, a lot about finding legal information, that people are afraid of doctors even when they aren't dentists and that few people like me even as much as the woman who lied to me for months and ditched me for another guy). Now I just need to do some highly unpleasant and mentally demanding writing for the degree itself before I can move on, and I need to do it in 10 days. Sigh.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I find you to be a decent fellow. :thumbsup: Not that that will make you feel any better, lol.

I suspect you will feel much better in 11 days.

Well, thanks ;)

The short version is that I was the poor kid in rich people's school and, well, never really bonded with lawyers, either. And for some reason, pursuing a doctoral degree tends to generate colossal amounts of envy. Really ****ed up relations to a lot of people. :(

Ah, sometimes I think I had a bad day. Thanks Obsidian forum! :thumbsup:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I have now completely lost my voice. So although this is bad for me, those around me will have a much nicer time. :thumbsup:

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Had to endure 15 minutes of my friend being emo and whining about him not being good at his career, no woman wanting him, etc. Then blew up at me when I said "Ok..so whatcha doing this weekend?" :thumbsup:

I also got chocolate covered peanuts. Huzzah!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Only downside is I'm gonna lose my 100/100 mbit internet connection. I guess I'll have to make due with a 30 instead.

The sacrifices you have to make... :thumbsup:

Life's generally good and problems and stress are of my own making. I could have settled for less in life. Doesn't want to sound too cheerful around here, as it might upset peoples misery. Then there are those with genuine problems (my thoughts go out to Enoch and Tarna) and I realise what a lucky bastard I am and should be grateful for what I've been given in life.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Our car did some weird stuff on the way home today. It jolted a bit, then the check engine light, VSL, and another warning sign went on. I pulled over and called the dealership. They said it should be ok to drive to the shop as long as it doesn't smell funny or smoke, so we got it there. Made our day a bit longer, but I'm glad it is still under warranty. It actually expires in December, so the timing is good.

Away planning for a learning event in 2012. Beautiful spot in SK, CAN surrounded by valleys & warm prairie sun!

People visit Saskatchewan for fun ? The hell ? :p

Had to endure 15 minutes of my friend being emo and whining about him not being good at his career, no woman wanting him, etc. Then blew up at me when I said "Ok..so whatcha doing this weekend?" :p

LOL I misread this as him covering you in chocolate peanuts.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Had to endure 15 minutes of my friend being emo and whining about him not being good at his career, no woman wanting him, etc. Then blew up at me when I said "Ok..so whatcha doing this weekend?" :)

:p

Completely lost my voice, but had brainwave and am now sipping from the office bottle* of 1919 rum. I now sound like the Howlin' Wolf, but I can make phonecalls.

*I'm a big Raymond Chandler fan. Of course Raymond Chandler was an alcoholic. So I'm not planning on carrying on sipping past this first glass. What with it being 9 a.m.

-Elwood Blues

Completely lost my voice, but had brainwave and am now sipping from the office bottle* of 1919 rum. I now sound like the Howlin' Wolf, but I can make phonecalls.

*I'm a big Raymond Chandler fan. Of course Raymond Chandler was an alcoholic. So I'm not planning on carrying on sipping past this first glass. What with it being 9 a.m.

I approve of this post, especially of Howlin Wolf, whose voice is distilled testosterone. And booze and cigarettes, I'd wager.

Spending some time wondering what to reward myself with when this is done. Leaning towards Auchentoshan at the moment. :p

That would made suffering through that emo tirade bearable! :x

@ LC - There was a football, a great throw and an interception by said chandelier ... of course I was ready to make a very dramatic catch, but gravity had other ideas :p

I had thought of making a joke about a bat and a ball...guess I wasn't too far off. :)

...Took a bunch of stuff to the dump/yardwork over the weekend & other such home-y stuff. Watching the Red Sox implode all month & thinking even if they make the wild card, they won't last long much after. Trying to keep up with daily exercise to keep the aging joints in shape, I'm terrible at keeping up with any exercise-for-sake-of-exercise regimen (and I don't play sports). Aerobics/gymnastics while watching TV seems to be about the only thing I do well with in that regard.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Yet another person I befriended at work resigned. This is the sixth person. Funnily enough since I joined here 11 people resigned. 8 of them have sit within a one seat radius of me :)