What you did today

Tale

It has the potential to be neat..but the trouble is you can set her off with the smallest thing. It's odd, she'll become bosom buddies with someone for a few months, go out of her way to help them, spend massive amounts of time, treat everyt hing they say as if it was sage advice.. And then something will happen. They say the wrong thing, they might be late to a meeting, or forget something..and suddenly boom. Persona non grata. And then she will act as if they mean nothing to her.

It's something I've always found a little weird.

She's lost at least one job because of her attitude. Office administration type of work, where she was also one of the first faces members of the public would see. The combination of "Everyone should know never to talk to me before I've settled in with my first cup of coffee at work or I will be mean to them" and the "if I think they're a fool and an idiot I shall let them know in no uncertain manner regardless of professionalism" doesn't always work so well...

Ah well that's different than being blunt. Somewhat like me, actually, luckily I transmit disdain as boredom at work so most people think I'm unenthusiastic, heh. Sounds like she just needs to lighten up a bit, nothing too major. Client facing work involves far too much BS for my liking but eh have to do the needful.

As for meeting a woman, well long ago my mom realized that wasn't going to happen, so no pressure from the parents on that. Being single does advantages though, lot more free time and money. Although it does have the disadvantage of not having someone to assist in a medical emergency.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Being single does advantages though, lot more free time and money. Although it does have the disadvantage of not having someone to assist in a medical emergency.

Fully agree.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Doing some video editing then off to an Irish concert, but Indian food first - I know weird combo, but makes sense in my world ;)

Ahh, the glorious remnants of the British empire.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Damn Enoch. Not really anything to say but my best wishes are with you are you wife. The only good thing to say is that I'm glad it's not a congenical problem. I know that's a little cold but I do mean and hope for the best for the two of you and that the two can try again under better conditions.

Sorry for the clumsiness of this post, morhpine and percoced and all. ( doesn't mush matter at times when posting I guess. ) scott

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

I've got *checks watch* four and a half hours to work out how I'm going to do this Big Presentation this afternoon. I came down with a cold over the weekend and when I speak it sounds like a very shy badger trying to tear open a bag of crips.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I've got *checks watch* four and a half hours to work out how I'm going to do this Big Presentation this afternoon. I came down with a cold over the weekend and when I speak it sounds like a very shy badger trying to tear open a bag of crips.

Win. I once held a presentation on data protection law to a crowd including the deputy prosecutor general while having acute sinusitis. It sucked.

Good luck!

Seems everyone is getting sick, back to school I guess. Sixth coworker's come down with it, I did yesterday as well, bleh. Mind you coworkers sneezing all over the place probably helps the virus spread :sorcerer:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Presentation went well. It wasn't deliberate but I went in for massive over-commitment, then when they turned that down I said "Oh well, at least you're going to do XYZ" In genuine naive cold-fuddled misunderstanding. They agreed, I think mainly because I sounded a bit sad and deflated as if it were mere scraps. Only just realised I got a good result.

Note to self: contract bad, obvious head cold before all major presentations in future.

Also, drinking lemsip is good for sympathy. And giving you precious seconds when asked difficult questions.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Found out one of the dogs has parasites. Whipworms and Giardia. Supposedly it can take 3 months to show up and they're communicable, so the other dog might have it too. The little dog cost $60 for the medicine. The big one will probably cost $200+ going by weight. And I was going to buy a new graphics card. :)

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Sorry to hear that Tale! We've had dogs now for about 15 years & you definitely do not want the worms to get too cosy. Never ends up well for the poor pooches :? I also TOTALLY appreciate the costs. Hope all is well soon!

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

I'm in a pretty good mood tonight. On Sept 1 the Tampa Bay Rays were nine games behind the Red Sox for the AL Wildcard playoff berth. Since then the Rays have been winning and the Sox, not so much. Tonight the Rays beat the Yankees and the Sox lost to Baltimore to tie the race with two games to go. No team in the history of organized professional baseball in the US has ever overcome a nine game difference in the last month of the season. That is so cool!

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Weird illness. Fever gave me crazy dreams, and lost a lot of water (breathing?) Drank FOUR PINTS of water in the night. Still parched.

-Elwood Blues

Weird illness. Fever gave me crazy dreams, and lost a lot of water (breathing?) Drank FOUR PINTS of water in the night. Still parched.

Must be a new bug that floating around, a few of my friends and my gf were just sick with the exact same symptoms (crazy dreams and all). Took them about 1-3 days on average to get better.

Fortune favors the bald.

Well, fever'll do that to you in general...

Get well.

Feel a bit worse than yesterday, bleh, but working in the office today. Joy of joys. Should also get back on the stationary bike too, that's the plan for tonight.

Did have a funny moment yesterday, the UPS guy delivers my books from Amazon...by flinging the box at the door then driving off.

Can't concentrate so have sacked work for the day. Am tidying my house instead. A bit. Alright. I scrubbed the bath. A bit. And did some laundry.

Shattered wreck of a face, all watery streaming and wheezing. I sound like a washed up Disney hero.

Thoughts go out to the members who are properly ill though.

-Elwood Blues